0x8002802b_error ...Hell!!! How to Solve it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl75

Broken In
Dear Forum,
I am not able to run setup(s) of my few of the programs due to strange error (0x8002802b_error) i am getting (here is the snapshot link "*i134.photobucket.com/albums/q88/blackpearl75/0x8002802b_error.jpg" )
the link for error code 0x8002802b is on "*support.microsoft.com/kb/280699". BUT i am not able to solve my problem, hence i diverted to this forum full of genius (guess so). Hope sum1 will come fwd to resolve my issue.
Regards....and thnx in advance :)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Did you try Installshield's kb for the solution.
That error is a very common one and comes when you have an older Installshield engine installed on your system.
Download the new engine given on the link I provided and delete the older one (Installshield engine is different from your Installation files , which in your case are Corel installation files).

OP
blackpearl75

blackpearl75

Broken In
it_waaznt_me ....i sincerely appriciate ur effort to take time out to look into my issue. I checked the linked u provided. Though the error code is same (on the link), the nature of prob. seems to be different..as you can see on installshield link it says "Element not found" error BUT my snapshot says "an error has occured while running the setup" (Though the error codes are same). I guess these are two different issues. NEVERTHLESS since i am not able to run setup, i followed the instruction provided on the "link" you provided..here is proof..{*i134.photobucket.com/albums/q88/blackpearl75/insallshield_update_setup.jpg}...but problem remain where it is. Here is another snapshot of SETUP of Maskpro 4.0 {*i134.photobucket.com/albums/q88/blackpearl75/maskpro4_error.jpg}...which gave the same error code:( as it did when i run Corel setup.
Do i've to reinstall windows..???
Regards

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
hey buddy try searching 5009 :0x8002802b on google.there are many results which may help.i couldnt find the most relevant one.so try it.
read this if it helps
*community.installshield.com/showthread.php?p=320532#post320532

plz rep me if it works.:)

OP
blackpearl75

blackpearl75

Broken In
Dear vimal_mehrotra....the link provided by you didn't worked for me but as suggested by you to hunt google (& thnx for it) i did the same. I came across this link "*www.ataricommunity.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-547239.html". In this link the user "shalstus" has come up with very simple solution (there are only two posts by him..i am referring to second one)..i though copy/paste his comment "go into C:\program files\common files\installshield\professional\runtime.
Once youre there, rename isProBE to isProBEbak and rename the folder titled "10" to 10bak.
I tried this ..and voila :p i was able to bypass the nagging error code -5009 :0x8002802b screen. BUT i feel was this a permanent solution...as the next user (jmcg) replies that the above solution didn't worked for him. But it DID worked for me :)
I sincerely thanks "it_waaznt_me" and you to take time out and look into my issue.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom