rahulrana681

Broken In
My organization is paying me to buy a laptop but with a condition that it should have 04 years of warranty or AMC ( Annual Maintenance Contract ). Due to this a lot of money will go into the warranty and I am going to get a laptop of much lesser config. Some vendors have approached my organization with laptops and giving false claims like they are giving laptops at cheaper rates and are including 04 yrs warranty but in reality they are showing M.R.P whereas the same laptops are available in market for prices way lesser. Laptops worth 48k are being given for 65k including warranty which is like a total loss of money.

Now I would like to know from you guys that if anyone knows of any vendor in Delhi who can give me this extended warranty or AMC just on paper which I am not going to use even if the laptop stops working.

Gollum

Collector
warranty costs money, its money for service beyond 1 year. if you laptop fails, the manufacturer has to spend money on parts and technicians charge.
Some types of warranties cost more than the notebook itself.
Your company has not given you any choice so you will have to live with it.
I suggest you to get a hp probook or Elitebook as hp has a good warranty policy and once your extended warranty is registered no matter how many times your laptop fails, they will get it fixed,, onsite.

OP
R

rahulrana681

Broken In
I agree with you sir that warranties cost money but I do not want that warranty. I just want that warranty which comes for 1 year and is free with the laptop. Other than that if the laptop fails after that I am ready to pay for its repairs through my pocket. I just want to show my company that yeah I got the 4 yr AMC as you said but in reality I didn't get it. I am taking the risk without doing any damage to the company.

sandeepsingh

Broken In
well i do not think any vendor will do that cuz then it will become his liability as you can show the invoice proof any time later on unless you know somebody who owns such shop.
OR else you can edit the invoice afterwards yourself and submit.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Just go for brand which gives dirt cheap extended warranty. Like - sony (2.5k for extra 2 yrs). IIRC Samsung also has similar rates.
This way, you won't be looted.

i72600k

The Physicist!
Go with HP Envy 15 J048tx, I think for you it is available at a discount of 5000 rs. and it will cost 65000 flat, you also get 4 year standard warranty.

Specs. of envy 15
i7 4700MQ
Nvidia GT 740M 2GB (64bit)
8 GB RAM

If not, then this one will work

Probook 440G1
i7 4702MQ
Radeon HD 8750M etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom