₹60k gaming rig!!! :-D

Myth

Cyborg Agent
660 > 7850.
Not too sure about gainward presence here. Safer to stick with known brands.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
what you failed to realise is, that I've posted the benchmark from Anandtech. :)

If you can deal with the cooler Intel provides, plus the tendency to run Ivy Bridge hot, it's no problem. I couldn't deal with Intel's stock cooler with my i5-2500K. Sandy Bridge runs very cool in comparison to Ivy Bridge, but Intel's cooler is rubbish.

Despite consuming 80 watts more in 100% load, FX-8350 runs cooler.

Let's say.. you're going to run your PC at 100% load for 5 hours a day for a year. (You will never do so btw....I mean 100% load.)

0.08 kW * 5 * 365 hours = 146 units. Rs. 4 * 146 units = Rs. 584.

You'll save approx. Rs. 584 (depending on your electricity unit price) in 1 year. :)

Meagre saving. Power consumption is hardly a factor for an average user or gamer. It is only a factor for folders because they are the ones who use their system for 24x7 @ 100% load.

I'm still telling you to go for i5-3470 + HD 7870 btw.

but that gives u extra time on ups to turn off the comp when power is out.....(just making my point)

anyway for op u r better off with amd rig suggested by cilus......

fx 8350 is worth the price......

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
what you failed to realise is, that I've posted the benchmark from Anandtech. :)

If you can deal with the cooler Intel provides, plus the tendency to run Ivy Bridge hot, it's no problem. I couldn't deal with Intel's stock cooler with my i5-2500K. Sandy Bridge runs very cool in comparison to Ivy Bridge, but Intel's cooler is rubbish.

Despite consuming 80 watts more in 100% load, FX-8350 runs cooler.

Let's say.. you're going to run your PC at 100% load for 5 hours a day for a year. (You will never do so btw....I mean 100% load.)

0.08 kW * 5 * 365 hours = 146 units. Rs. 4 * 146 units = Rs. 584.

You'll save approx. Rs. 584 (depending on your electricity unit price) in 1 year. :)

Meagre saving. Power consumption is hardly a factor for an average user or gamer. It is only a factor for folders because they are the ones who use their system for 24x7 @ 100% load.

I'm still telling you to go for i5-3470 + HD 7870 btw.

+1,

please visit summers thread, to look at all the benchies and be clear that the fx8350 will only outperform intel in gaming when games are specifically multithreaded and only in some scenes, due to the movement of the grasss, the fx 8350 gets close to the i7 3960. So unless you just want to play crysis 3 till the next one comes out, stick with what ico has said

also the fx 8350 isnt a true octa core processor, its a 8 core processor where 2 cores share the same l2 cache, SO that makes it something like a quad core processor where each processor is divided into 2 separate units.

@cilus, think people here have the wrong idea... fx8350 is a quad modul processor .it has 8 cores but 2 cores share the same l2 cache. So not truly 8 core afterall ?

Piledriver is still based on the same basic design as Bulldozer, with the ‘8-core’ chip containing four Piledriver modules, each of which contains a pair of integer cores. While AMD markets these as individual CPU cores, each module’s pair of integer cores shares a number of resources, including the fetch and decode units, a Floating Point scheduler (FPU) and 2MB of L2 cache. This is part of AMD’s design philosophy of focusing on multi-threaded performance, with each module able to process two threads simultaneously. As we found last year though, this comes at the cost of single-threaded performance and with the down-side that relatively few applications are able to make use of four cores in multi-threaded workloads, let alone eight

*www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2012/11/06/amd-fx-8350-review/1

Last edited:
Top Bottom