Stabilizer for Mi TV 4A

Gollum

Collector
I would suggest using a UPS as a UPS has Over voltage and low voltage protection.
In both the cases the UPS would switch to battery and also make sure that there is stable power delivered to the TV.
Remember that UPS is made for a PC which is much more delicate than a TV.
A stabilizer would either step up or step down the voltage and that too would not be so gentle in doing this.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Thanks @Gollum

The thing is, I already have a VGuard stabilizer which I use with my old 22 inch Sony Bravia. Hoping to use it with Mi TV 4A, if ratings match

Edit : Flipkart says power rating at the maximum will be 75 W

Last edited:

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

Sorry for digging an old thread.

Today i have ordered Mi 4A PRO tv - 49 inch - through amazon.
Please suggest do i need stablizer, UPS or just spike-guarded power strip to protect my TV from any happening.

If any of the above is YES then please suggest some options also :p

Thanks.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
The technician who came to my place for installation said it is better to use a stabilizer. Try Vguard.

Gollum

Collector
Hi Guys,

Sorry for digging an old thread.

Today i have ordered Mi 4A PRO tv - 49 inch - through amazon.
Please suggest do i need stablizer, UPS or just spike-guarded power strip to protect my TV from any happening.

If any of the above is YES then please suggest some options also :p

Thanks.
Spike guard is just a gimmick.
Get either a voltage stabilizer or UPS.
I personally prefer a UPS because its mode of switching is very fast.
Also, if power goes off, a Stabilizer wont allow you to properly shutdown your TV.
If you have a HDD connected to it, Boom! HDD could go bad. But if you have a UPS, you can safely turn OFF your TV.
With a smart TV, proper power ON and power OFF is important.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Spike guard is just a gimmick.
Get either a voltage stabilizer or UPS.
I personally prefer a UPS because its mode of switching is very fast.
Also, if power goes off, a Stabilizer wont allow you to properly shutdown your TV.
If you have a HDD connected to it, Boom! HDD could go bad. But if you have a UPS, you can safely turn OFF your TV.
With a smart TV, proper power ON and power OFF is important.

For 49 inch TV, How to select UPS any criteria suitable or not?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only criterion needed is power required.600VA ups provides 360W power which is more than enough for most LED TVs.Just buy a good one like APC 600VA if you want to last it longer else cheaper brands like microtek/luminous/vguard etc will do too.

Gollum

Collector
For 49 inch TV, How to select UPS any criteria suitable or not?
Just get the 600VA APC UPS that retails for about 2500INR. I don't remember the model.
Yes, a stabilizer will cost lesser but most Chinese electronics have a bad tolerance to Voltage fluctuation and no stabilizer will come close to a good UPS.
I have been using an APC 600VA UPS with my home theatre for a few years now.
The UPS runs, a laptop, Receiver, powered Subwoofer and a TV all at the same time.
I get a backup of about 15 minutes which is enough to power off every device safely.

Cheap Intex etc UPS will have a bad Sine wave reproduction and is not recommended.
I use one for my smaller Cheaper TV that is conected to creative branded speakers and airtel DTH.
Its still better than powering off the tv and subjecting it to over-voltage.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Just get the 600VA APC UPS that retails for about 2500INR. I don't remember the model.
Yes, a stabilizer will cost lesser but most Chinese electronics have a bad tolerance to Voltage fluctuation and no stabilizer will come close to a good UPS.
I have been using an APC 600VA UPS with my home theatre for a few years now.
The UPS runs, a laptop, Receiver, powered Subwoofer and a TV all at the same time.
I get a backup of about 15 minutes which is enough to power off every device safely.

Cheap Intex etc UPS will have a bad Sine wave reproduction and is not recommended.
I use one for my smaller Cheaper TV that is conected to creative branded speakers and airtel DTH.
Its still better than powering off the tv and subjecting it to over-voltage.

Thanks for suggestions....Will buy soon

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
APC Back-UPS 600, 230V without Auto Shutdown Software - APC India CI-IN
APC Back-UPS 600, 230V without Auto Shutdown Software - APC India C-IN

Almost same,CI-IN is newer version of C-IN model with some more certifications(like "green premium") & some minor technical changes.For your usage it should not matter though.

shreeux

Movie Buff
APC Back-UPS 600, 230V without Auto Shutdown Software - APC India CI-IN
APC Back-UPS 600, 230V without Auto Shutdown Software - APC India C-IN

Almost same,CI-IN is newer version of C-IN model with some more certifications(like "green premium") & some minor technical changes.For your usage it should not matter though.

But BX600C-IN joules are higher....Confused?

Compare APC BX600C-IN vs APC BX600CI-IN vs APC BE700Y-IND vs APC BE800-IND UPS & Inverters

Also no price difference...Which one is the latest...Unable to find it...!!!

*i.imgur.com/Iq1lzjr.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is for surge protection & frankly speaking if you are unlucky then no typically available home user surge protector is going to save you but if not then there should be no difference between a 255j & 160j surge protection(To give a comparison the cheapest 3 socket belkin surge protector costing 660 on amazon has 200j rating while 8 socket belkin costing 1200 has 700j rating).

Now I am not sure which is the newer model because oldest amazon review for CI-IN model dates back to 2014 but C-IN dates back to 2015.usually new certifications are added to newer models so I made a guess.
@topgear mentioned here using CI-IN model New APC UPS didn't even give a back up of 2 seconds

quicky008

Technomancer
Apc's quality seems to have degraded a lot over the last few years-earlier they used to manufacture some of the most robust and reliable products in the industry-but ever since the company was taken over by schneider electric from their original owners,things seem to have been going downhill steadily.

The 600va apc ups thats widely available all over the country is actually a very sub-standard product and does not regulate voltage all that well-i bought it a couple of years earlier when the battery in my old back ups 650 died for the 2nd time,assuming that the newer unit would probably be more efficient that my older ups.However i was sorely disappointed by it-so much so that i sold it off at a loss and reverted to using my former 650va ups.

Unless the equipment the op plans on using is not very sensitive to input voltage,i would advise him to steer clear of it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
That is for surge protection & frankly speaking if you are unlucky then no typically available home user surge protector is going to save you but if not then there should be no difference between a 255j & 160j surge protection(To give a comparison the cheapest 3 socket belkin surge protector costing 660 on amazon has 200j rating while 8 socket belkin costing 1200 has 700j rating).

Now I am not sure which is the newer model because oldest amazon review for CI-IN model dates back to 2014 but C-IN dates back to 2015.usually new certifications are added to newer models so I made a guess.
@topgear mentioned here using CI-IN model New APC UPS didn't even give a back up of 2 seconds

There must have been some misunderstanding. Still using the CN-IN APC 600VA that I bought back in 2015. Giving backup of at-least 5 mins. Not tested beyond that as I tend to shut down pc. Anyway, GS600 and RM650X both worked and working fine with this UPS.

The UPS I've faced problem was cyberpower 600VA UPS bought from snapdeal which in case of power cut was not able to switch properly hence the pc would shut down ( powers down ) immediately but on it's battery mode it was working hence sent that cyberpower UPS for refund and bought APC 600VA that time which I've been using now.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@topgear the thing is you are using CN-IN model bought in 2015 & now there is another C-IN model for which oldest review on amazon dates back to 2015 too so which of them is the newer model,that is the confusion.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^I recommend buying any ups/inverter offline & from a local shop.1100kva is totally overkill for any LED TV.Also don't hope much from seller replies,better read reviews from users who bought it.Btw backup time depends upon device power consumption & battery capacity which decreases with time & usage.

Top Bottom