VLC 2.0 Released

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
VLC reaches 2.0
  • VLC 2.0 "Twoflower" is a major new version of our popular media player.
  • With faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs, 2.0 is a major upgrade for VLC.
  • Twoflower has a new rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance your videos.
  • It supports many new devices and BluRay Discs (experimental).
  • Completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces and improvements in the other interfaces make VLC easier than ever to use.
  • Twoflower fixes several hundreds of bugs, in more than 7000 commits from 160 volunteers.

VideoLAN - VLC 2.0 Twoflower

Download: VideoLAN - VLC 2.0 Twoflower

update:
VLC Version 2.0.1 released

*www.videolan.org/vlc/

*www.videolan.org/vlc/#download

Last edited:

thatsashok

peace panda
Downloaded it yesterday and seen few UI changes like the progress bar enlarger in full screen mode and a new progress bar added as well. I observed high sound at lower volume levels than in the 1.1.11

utkarsh73

Journeyman
thanks for the update. It was stuck on 1.1.11 for long time. downloading it.

thatsashok

peace panda
there is a lot of disturbance when I increase the volume above 175%. This is new and never experienced in previous version. Tried on lot of files and on friend's lappy

Can someone confirm this ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
The sound is getting distorted. But isn't that normal for our speakers at such a high volume..??

tkin

Back to school!!
GPU decoding is still the cr@p it was, cause artifacts when seeking, something correavc circumvented years ago, like the new interface though, gives it more of a pro look, sound actually got a lot less for a given volume level(using PL30, I am dead on accurate about this), which actually helps, cause previously even 5% of volume would hurt my ear(easy to drive iems), but now I can go to 50%, gives more control over audio.

Also like the new customize interface feature.

PS: Given everything, FFDSHOW/Coreavc still provides higher video quality with windows.