VLC 2.0 Released

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
VLC reaches 2.0
  • VLC 2.0 "Twoflower" is a major new version of our popular media player.
  • With faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs, 2.0 is a major upgrade for VLC.
  • Twoflower has a new rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance your videos.
  • It supports many new devices and BluRay Discs (experimental).
  • Completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces and improvements in the other interfaces make VLC easier than ever to use.
  • Twoflower fixes several hundreds of bugs, in more than 7000 commits from 160 volunteers.

VideoLAN - VLC 2.0 Twoflower

Download: VideoLAN - VLC 2.0 Twoflower

update:
VLC Version 2.0.1 released

*www.videolan.org/vlc/

*www.videolan.org/vlc/#download

Last edited:

thatsashok

peace panda
Downloaded it yesterday and seen few UI changes like the progress bar enlarger in full screen mode and a new progress bar added as well. I observed high sound at lower volume levels than in the 1.1.11

thatsashok

peace panda
there is a lot of disturbance when I increase the volume above 175%. This is new and never experienced in previous version. Tried on lot of files and on friend's lappy

Can someone confirm this ?

tkin

Back to school!!
GPU decoding is still the cr@p it was, cause artifacts when seeking, something correavc circumvented years ago, like the new interface though, gives it more of a pro look, sound actually got a lot less for a given volume level(using PL30, I am dead on accurate about this), which actually helps, cause previously even 5% of volume would hurt my ear(easy to drive iems), but now I can go to 50%, gives more control over audio.

Also like the new customize interface feature.

PS: Given everything, FFDSHOW/Coreavc still provides higher video quality with windows.

Top Bottom