VLC 2.0 Released

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
From Enmitix comments on VLC 2.0.0 Twoflower is out!
That link also has a good explanation why Linux and OS X users get 64bit software easily while Windows users wait all the time.

Mainstream 64-bit Windows started in 2007, whereas 64-bit Unixen have been around since the 80s. In addition, many Unixen are not binary compatable, which causes application testing to pick up non-portable constructs easily, making porting to 64-bit much easier. In contrast, Windows jumps through flaming hoops backwards to remain binary compatible with programs written for Windows 95, so testing is less likely to catch portability problems.

utkarsh73

Journeyman
I downloaded the setup and when I run it, the following error comes......

*dl.dropbox.com/u/62898354/Capture.JPG

any ideas???

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Almost no change in the size of setup from ver 1.1.11 to ver 2.0.0! Which means it's not becoming another bloatware! :D

Thanks VLC! For becoming more Awesome than before!!! :doublethumb:

tkin

Back to school!!
Audio control has issues, its not being controlled as a linear fashion any more, 62% volume is a lot higher compared to 50%(which was ok in 1.1.11), looks like its increasing in a logarithmic function.

Anyone get this issue?

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Tried it ...

though i have tried and uninstalled vlc 1.1 before
this is the first time i used it for a longer period

not much impressed ...

mpc with klcodec pack is better imho

[-]

• lacks dolby surround (has the option but doesnt work AFAI tried it...doesnt seperate the voice to center channel)
  • no volume mixer ....ffdshow is damn good
  • no flexible zoom.... as in mpc use can use numpad keys
  • no options of using advanced renders like madvr and LAV(didnt find any diff though against dxva,ffdshow)

[+]
  • great streaming ability....i think this must the reason vlc is popular
    (not much use to me...thanks to 2.5gb monthly quota)
  • playing rar files
    again extracting takes just few secs...
    but i heard somewhere that the direct links(from hosts like mediafire,rapidshare etc) are streamable too
    ...dont know if its true

Guys any other + points compared to mpc

Last edited:

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
I praise VLC for all the reasons mentioned before.
However there's one problem I found in TwoFlower. IDK whether something's wrong with my OS but it hasn't been on the previous versions.
Whenever I open some movie/video file, on moving the mouse slightly the video starts lagging and sometimes the video stops while audio keeps playing. I have to move the seek bar and leave the mouse to get it right.
Anyone seem to have this problem?

PS - Still happy for VLC for reaching v2 and improved GUI.

Top Bottom