UPS problem in low voltage, power fluctuation, PC getting restart..

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Then u can opt for, APC 600va + FSP Saga II 500W/Corsair CX400 - 3.8~4K for both..

P.S : If u can find a CX400 get it eyes closed..
from where i can get latest prices for these 2? and APC 600va, is that all? or any specific model for APC?

How u know so much abt PSU+UPS? r u Electrical Engineer?

Corsair 400 is very costly, just nw i checked it on ebay.in :( Corsair CX400W 400 Watt Power Supply SATA-Ready SMPS | eBay

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
You can have a look at this- Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 460W – 2,400

BTW guys, can a simple UPS handle fluctuations occuring 10 times/min, from 100V to 300V. Its the situation at my home. :( :-x

Check out PSU Prices

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
from where i can get latest prices for these 2? and APC 600va, is that all? or any specific model for APC?
Just ask APC 600va.. To be more specific, the model is RS-600..

sort of engg.. But Trial n Error method..;-)

Corsair 400 is very costly, just nw i checked it on ebay.in :( Corsair CX400W 400 Watt Power Supply SATA-Ready SMPS | eBay

CX400..
Get whichever suits ur budget, FSP saga II 500W/CX400/CX430V2..

You can have a look at this- Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 460W – 2,400

Its a big NO to that PSU.. Extreme power series are not reliable..

BTW guys, can u simple UPS handle fluctuations occuring 10 times/min, from 100V to 300V. Its the situation at my home. :( :-x

Simple in the sense?

My bro has same pow fluctuation issues in his home..
His rig is,
C2Q Q8400 + 8600gt powered by CX400 + APC 600W and no issues whatsoever till now..

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Better you consider APC 650Va ups.

APC BACK-UPS ES 650VA 230V INDIA

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Specs:-
Apc 650VA
Apc 600VA

Apc 650VA- Output Power Capacity
Output Power Capacity
390 Watts / 650 VA
Max Configurable Power
390 Watts / 650 VA
Nominal Output Voltage
230V
Output Frequency (sync to mains)
47 - 63 Hz
Waveform Type
Stepped approximation to a sinewave
Output Connections
(1) India 2/3-pin 6A (Surge Protection)
(3) India 2/3-pin 6A (Battery Backup)

With automatic Shutdown software

Cost- Rs 2K i think.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Specs:-
Apc 650VA
Apc 600VA

Apc 650VA- Output Power Capacity
Output Power Capacity
390 Watts / 650 VA
Max Configurable Power
390 Watts / 650 VA
Nominal Output Voltage
230V
Output Frequency (sync to mains)
47 - 63 Hz
Waveform Type
Stepped approximation to a sinewave
Output Connections
(1) India 2/3-pin 6A (Surge Protection)
(3) India 2/3-pin 6A (Battery Backup)

With automatic Shutdown software

Cost- Rs 2K i think.

why the hell this APC can only handle fluctuation compare to other brands like INTEX & MICROTEK?

Tenida

Gadget Freak
APC is like Corsair,Seasonic,and FSP in psu and Intex,Microtek and IBALL UPS is like Frontech and iball psu.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
can only UPS solve my problem?

:cry::cry:
I can understand your desire to solve the problem without buying both a UPS and a PSU, especially as you have to ask your parents for the money. But there's no way anyone can answer that question with 100% certainty. There are simply too many unknown and unpredictable factors.

If I were to make an educated guess based on a combination of theory and practical experience, I'd say no, a UPS alone will not solve the problem completely. It may improve the situation to some extent but there will be days when the fluctuations are worse and you will still face problems.

westom

Banned
can only UPS solve my problem?

Useful answers will also say why and with numbers. For example, all computers must work perfectly fine even when voltage drops so low that incandescent bulbs are at less than 40% intensity. How often are your bulbs dimming that low? If not, then you are not suffering low voltage.

Many UPSes are so cheap as to trip into battery backup mode even on noise. Irrelevant anomalies can make the UPS act as if low voltage exists.

UPS power in battery backup mode is often the 'dirtiest' power in a house. UPS power can be so 'dirty' as to potentially harm small electric motors or power strip protectors. Because all electronics are so robust, 'dirty' UPS power is also ideal perfect power to all electronics.

Is that UPS power confusing power circuits inside a computer? If a UPS is doing its job, then yank the UPS power cord from a wall receptacle. The computer should work perfectly normal as it power always exists. If not, the UPS is causing problems. Remember, a UPS has a typical life expectancy of about three years. These things are made as cheaply as possible.

If a UPS protects from surges, then its spec sheets said so with a numbers for each type of surge. No such numbers were posted in that last list of specs. Did you overlook them? Or, more likely, the UPS (like most all plug-in UPSes) does not claim effective surge protection. That protection exists in advertising and subjective claims where lying is acceptable.

Your every question should be answered by quoting manufacturer spec numbers. Any reply without facts and numbers that says why should always be ignored as hearsay.

This UPS, that is also an approximation to a sine wave, outputs square waves with a large spike between those square waves. Power so 'dirty' as to be potentially harmful to small electric motors and power strip protectors. And yes, they did not lie. Because square waves and spikes are sums of sine waves. They hope you do not ask for numbers such as the frequency of each sine wave.

UPS has one function. To provide temporary and 'dirty' power during a blackout. Other anomalies are solved by other solutions. Every honest recommendation comes with facts and numbers that say why that really is a solution. No tech numbers is how to filter out the uninformed from those who actually learned the engineering.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
^Experience in forums and newsgroups has taught me that a too-technical answer to a non-technical person is either ignored or misinterpreted or both. For example, I explained in the simplest terms the role of the filter caps in the PSU, but it apparently flew right by the OP without registering in his mind.

When replying to a question in a forum, the answer should be tailored to a level that the OP can understand. I teach EE graduates in the practical application of the raw background knowledge they acquired in college, but judging from the OP's posts, an in-depth technical answer would be way over his head. For example, he's hardly in a position to monitor the light output of his bulbs and see if they drop down to 40%, or understand what a "dirty" power supply is without a lot of further explanation.

It's not uncommon to see inaccuracies and omissions in replies posted by people who are genuinely trying to help. In such cases, it's best to politely provide corrections and fill in the gaps rather than calling them "uninformed" or telling the OP to ignore them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom