The Witcher 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
@ gameranand, Thanks bro..I haven't had time to sit on the net properly last few days...The video was awesome....The Witcher 1 gave one of the best stories i have gone through, and it just falls in the category of an interactive cinema, rather than a mundane PC game...Witcher 2 has lived up to the tradition..must have game next one, priority no.1..just shows you don't need DX11 bruhaha to make a gorgeous looking game!!! All it needs is good artwork and a bit of patience..and the best thing is no area is spawned repetitively..every area is unique with it's own unique ambience!!! :-D
@ JojotheDragon : Kudos..hope you are on to the Enhanced Edition version...you are in for a hell of a time :) and the story will leave you shattered in the end..it is one of the Christopher Nolan-esque type endings :-D

gameranand

Living to Play
healerneil said:
@ gameranand, Thanks bro..I haven't had time to sit on the net properly last few days...The video was awesome....The Witcher 1 gave one of the best stories i have gone through, and it just falls in the category of an interactive cinema, rather than a mundane PC game...Witcher 2 has lived up to the tradition..must have game next one, priority no.1..just shows you don't need DX11 bruhaha to make a gorgeous looking game!!! All it needs is good artwork and a bit of patience..and the best thing is no area is spawned repetitively..every area is unique with it's own unique ambience!!!
I specially liked the enemies. The big ones. Damn they look good. I also got some sexy screenshots from beta version of the game. Was on net.:)) Can't post them here they are topless. ;);)

axes2t2

I am a cat
I specially liked the enemies. The big ones. Damn they look good. I also got some sexy screenshots from beta version of the game. Was on net.:)) Can't post them here they are topless. ;);)

Whose pics are they ? Triss,Ves..

And been watching the "Lets pay Witcher 2" vids on youtube.Looks awesome.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Quick question, do we need to play the first game before jumping on the second one? Also does the sequel support the 360 controller (native)? How hardcore are the RPG elements?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^If you haven't played the first game, You will be wondering about the referecnces later in the game.

it will be like...

A: Salmaan Khan didn't deserve what witcher had done to him.
B: He had to.

you will understand what happened to salmaan khan and who is salman khan if you had played the first game. But...if you haven't. There will be a option in the conversations like.

"who is salman Khan", "What did I do to him". etc.

See.. because.. Witcher here is suffering from Amnesia. So, he knows about the first game same as any dude who hasn't played the first game.

Yes.. 360 control is supported. Natively. But you can't switch between keyboard and mouse on the fly. Just select the 'gamepad' from controls menu. You will be good to go. But no rumble support.And, I personally prefer playing with gamepad and Keyboard and mouse.

Hardcore RPG element here are decision making. Its not like.. if you choose "Die.. b!thc" you will get +10 neagitive karma, renegade or something like that. Every decision you make.. will weave the mission progress from there on. Let it be a side quest or the main quest. If you choose a option... good or bad.. game makes you to play the game that is in your vision. Something I found only in this game. with that said.. there are elements like.. inventory system. Which is easy to manage. and, Character progression based on leveling system.You have to allot skill points to 4 different trees of categories (abilities, swordplay, alchemy and magic). Collecting herbs and preparing portions (Alchemy). None of these feels heavy like DA: O.

Everything feels smooth. I would say.. JUMP IN.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you. I saw the review and found the inventory system to be a bit complex. What exactly does it involve us handling?

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^Nah its pretty easy to handle once you understand it. Its pretty much like every other inventory system in all the rpgs, but you can get weapons crafted using the items collected or looted :p

progress-
Still in Act1, killed the kayran and supporting that elf dude Iorveth. gonna travel to some place to find triss.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Basically inventory is categorized as any RPG game. You will find all the armorplates, glows, etc in the armor category. Swords, maces, in weapons category, etc. And other categories like traps, bombs, potions, trophies, notebooks, herbs, runes, etc.

The only thing we will be doing in the inventory is... equipping, dropping, enchanting(applying the runes you have found to armor, weapons which will permanently increase their damage and will add additional capabilities like poison damage, etc.).

In equipping regard, there will be two set of swords for witcher. Steel and Silver. Steel is for humanoid enemies, silver is for demonic enemies. After equipping weapons. You have to choose armor, boots, trousers, glows, trophy (which you collect from fallen enemies like their eyes, part of their hand, etc).

After that.. there is pockets to equip bombs, potions, etc. Which you can use while in combat with press of a button.

And basically that is it.

There is a weight cap for inventory system. I think, it depends upon the level of the player. After you hit the cap... you cannot move swiftly in the battle or while exploring. And you will also be accessing inventory while selling the items off.

It is really not that complex as it seems or sounds. :)

progress-
Still in Act1, killed the kayran and supporting that elf dude Iorveth. gonna travel to some place to find triss.

I gave the sword to varnon roche. Lets see how things will turn out for you and me :D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Excellent! Thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely come back once I start the game, which should be as soon as I finish L.A. Noire. Hope it's not as unforgiving as Demons Souls. :(

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Sure.. it punishes the bad choices in both game and combat(especially button mashing). But, I have completed Demon's Souls and I can guarantee you that this game is not that punishing at all.

gameranand

Living to Play
Ethan_Hunt here is a simpler and more elaborating review from IGN
[YOUTUBE]euLYjmuLM9Q[/YOUTUBE]

And one more news
Witcher 2 patch 1.1 is coming soon maybe next week.
here are patch notes
Patch 1.1
Simpler and more reliable game installation and activation. Details to be revealed soon.
Fixed the free Troll Trouble DLC download. It is now included n the patch so there's no need to download and install it separately.
Fixed an issue that prevented some users from downloading other free DLCs (the ones given out with some pre-orders, special promotions, etc). The launcher now properly refreshes the list of available DLCs and allows for installation.
Performance improvements: approximately 5% to 30% better framerate and faster game loading for many users, depending on their individual systems and game versions. Owners of retail versions can expect the biggest improvements.
Fixed random crashes occurring on some systems, especially after saving and loading saves.
Key mapping – allows the arrow and number keys to be used for movement.
Added the option to invert the mouse.
nVidia surround vision now works properly.
More accurate assessment provided by the "auto-detect settings" option will help improve game performance.
Removed a bug that prevented completion of the "Blood Curse" quest.
Fixed a bug that prevented the additional link in "Extras" from being unlocked after winning the dice game against the GOG.com monk.
GOG.com credits now work properly.

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
I am waiting...won't repeat the same mistake i made with DA-2...If i have to experience the witcher, it has got to be the most polished version!! :-D especially when i am spending 2.5 k!

gameranand

Living to Play
Looks like XBOX 360 owners are going to be happy because this game is coming on 360 most probably. Although not sure for PS3 but I guess they will release this game on that console also. After all who don't want big sales right.
Source

gameranand

Living to Play
OK fellas Witcher 2 patch 1.1 is up on net. And you know the best part apart from performance and many improvements is that its DRM free. :)
Here is the link to download the patch
Witcher 2 Official Site

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
Well, we aren't going to be crying foul as long as the first priority were PC gamers..and that is why I think it's utmost imperative we support these companies...the graphics really are top notch!! A virtual time machine..makes you a part of that world :-D!!
@gameranand..thanx bro ...that was really fast and CD Projekt have done a commendable job to iron minor issues so soon!!!!

Top Bottom