The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
^^
I used my sister's spice dream uno. Redmi couldn't match up. Redmi UI lagged (v45) while Spice was butter smooth. Absolutely no waiting time.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
People who are complaining should not forget how much they have paid...
May not suit heavy gamers & multitaskers.
Very good for day to day use. Not to forget the quality display, excellent camera & finally music through earphones. Pair it with quality iems & you are good to go.

setanjan123

In the zone
^^
I used my sister's spice dream uno. Redmi couldn't match up. Redmi UI lagged (v45) while Spice was butter smooth. Absolutely no waiting time.
Different perspectives. Btw the lag isn't surprising considering you are on v45. It has aggressive cpu throttling. Stock firmware is smooth. And don't confuse snappy with slick. Stock android is snappy but looks ugly, atleast to me. Miui on the other hand is slick, what with the nice ui and transitions not to mention the much better screen of redmi. If you want smoother performance from your redmi flash pure performance X, you will surely feel the difference.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
People saying Redmi UI is smooth should try Android One.
I have spice dream uno. Its by far the fastest and responsive UI That I have tried.
Nah. I have used my friend 's spice dream uno. My Redmi seems much more slick
If by slick You mean neat and innovative, then I agree with you. Its does lag here and there at times.
^^
I agree, My dream uno is much smoother but it lacks the quality on hardware side.
People who are complaining should not forget how much they have paid...
May not suit heavy gamers & multitaskers.
Very good for day to day use. Not to forget the quality display, excellent camera & finally music through earphones. Pair it with quality iems & you are good to go.
Absolutely.
My friend played the demo video on default rom and the thing was hot like it was playing the video for hours. But apart from that it was running quite cool and there was no overheating after the system update.
Different perspectives. Btw the lag isn't surprising considering you are on v45. It has aggressive cpu throttling. Stock firmware is smooth. And don't confuse snappy with slick. Stock android is snappy but looks ugly, atleast to me. Miui on the other hand is slick, what with the nice ui and transitions not to mention the much better screen of redmi. If you want smoother performance from your redmi flash pure performance X, you will surely feel the difference.

I agree, stock kitkat 4.4.4 is quite boring.
The only thing I like about it is the ability to use a Portrait type wallpaper.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I'm sorry for reposting again. But can someone post link for a good screen guard for my new Redmi1s. I found a decent back cover but now looking for screen cover/scratch guard for the Display.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Guys I'm sorry for reposting again. But can someone post link for a good screen guard for my new Redmi1s. I found a decent back cover but now looking for screen cover/scratch guard for the Display.

Accordplus Tempered Glass Screen Guard FOR Xiaomi Redmi 1s Redmi 1s Tempered | eBay

I have this!

whiplash

Broken In
There are two variants in nillkin back cover for mi3. One is plastic/frosted and the other one is of artificial leather..any suggestions on which one to buy ?

rdx_halo

In the zone
There are two variants in nillkin back cover for mi3. One is plastic/frosted and the other one is of artificial leather..any suggestions on which one to buy ?
For for the plastic one. I have the leather which gets dirty, and the flash color is also tinted by the color of guard. So better get white or black one.

dan11

Broken In
Guys For a new phone , which update sud someone go for ver 41 or 45 ? pls post quite rookie level steps for updating
I have read quite a lot of -ve reviews in mui forum n dont whether to trust it or not .

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I'm really sorry for posting this again. But can someone suggest
1. Screen Protector
2. Back Cover/Flip Cover

Gollum

Collector
I am not able to get myself identified as a registered user for today's sale :(
I registered.
Can some one please add it to their cart

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
You are registered for the Redmi 1S sale, beginning at 2PM on November 4, 2014.

Please ensure you buy your Redmi 1S as soon as the sale starts, as we are expecting a huge response.

Today's Redmi 1S sale will NOT include a complimentary screen protector and a micro SIM card adapter.

Customers who are able to successfully buy RedMi 1S during today's sale
must complete the payment by 11:59 PM tomorrow.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Got a message in the morning that the product has already been added in the cart.
Really looks like the number of people interested in buying this phone has reduced.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Lol relax dude the codes been just pushed to aosp, will take a while, unless someone ports the new aosp

Top Bottom