The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

dan11

Broken In
tried updating ver 36 directly to ver 45:-D
It started showing some chinese junk but luckily I had done backup so device is still working.

Ps : I tried updaing after downloading file in lappy n sent it in 1s n selected manually update :-o:-o

Gollum

Collector
It started showing some chinese junk but luckily I had done backup so device is still working.

Ps : I tried updaing after downloading file in lappy n sent it in 1s n selected manually update :-o:-o

OTA update should work right?

dan11

Broken In

I was trying the moronic thing of updating directly to 45 instead of updating to 43 than to ver 45

ajayritik

Technomancer
I obsereved recently that when I charge my phone via the Xiaomi charger even though the phone gets charged faster it's drains out faster as well. One of my colleagues told the same but I didn't believe till I experienced it.
Phone:Note2
Charger: Xiaomi 10400

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Got the phone... Updated to v45... Quite a decent phone for 6k... Almost as good as a Moto G... Total value for money.

Any recommendations for Headphone settings under Sound >> Optimise Audio Quality?

Also, please let me know if there is any way to disable capacitive hardware keys and enable software keys for the phone... That is one sore point while using this phone...

Cheers!

setanjan123

In the zone
Got the phone... Updated to v45... Quite a decent phone for 6k... Almost as good as a Moto G... Total value for money.

Any recommendations for Headphone settings under Sound >> Optimise Audio Quality?

Also, please let me know if there is any way to disable capacitive hardware keys and enable software keys for the phone... That is one sore point while using this phone...

Cheers!
Good to hear that someone considers it as good as moto g. Have been reading too many bad reviews of redmi . People are focusing too much on the negatives of this phone.

Gollum

Collector
A big middle finger to all of them.

I in love with this UI. some of the themes are so good.
Brings me back to nokia themes days.
Also the phone is so many features inbuilt, like recorder, notes, calendar, analog clocks, calculator flash light, screen shot, and all these widgets are part of the rom and neatly customized.
I have not even logged into the google account

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I in love with this UI. some of the themes are so good.
Brings me back to nokia themes days.
Also the phone is so many features inbuilt, like recorder, notes, calendar, analog clocks, calculator flash light, screen shot, and all these widgets are part of the rom and neatly customized.
I have not even logged into the google account

If u Love iOS theme then u'll love MIUI, Meizu OS, Flyme OS etc

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Redmi 1S is impressive for the price... It is not perfect, but very good. Have to keep reminding myself how little I paid for this phone and how foolish it is of me to compare it to a 35k phone...

I have rooted the phone, installed a custom recovery. Enabled soft keys using app *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fatedevgroup.softkeyenabler&hl=en

This gave me a new hidden option inside Settiings >> Buttons to manage softkeys. This option should have been available out of the box. But for some reason, it is hidden.

I have found out that we cannot use Xposed framework with MIUI, so have not installed it yet. I have not found any way to disable hardware keys.

The phone is heavy, and very slippery. I have installed Google Now Launcher on the phone. 8 GB memory is not enough. No option to move apps to SD card.

Overall, for the price I have paid, I would give this phone 9/10... It would get 10/10 if this phone had AOSP of Cyanogenmod out of the box... Don't like MIUI...

setanjan123

In the zone
Redmi 1S is impressive for the price... It is not perfect, but very good. Have to keep reminding myself how little I paid for this phone and how foolish it is of me to compare it to a 35k phone...

I have rooted the phone, installed a custom recovery. Enabled soft keys using app *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fatedevgroup.softkeyenabler&hl=en

This gave me a new hidden option inside Settiings >> Buttons to manage softkeys. This option should have been available out of the box. But for some reason, it is hidden.

I have found out that we cannot use Xposed framework with MIUI, so have not installed it yet. I have not found any way to disable hardware keys.

The phone is heavy, and very slippery. I have installed Google Now Launcher on the phone. 8 GB memory is not enough. No option to move apps to SD card.

Overall, for the price I have paid, I would give this phone 9/10... It would get 10/10 if this phone had AOSP of Cyanogenmod out of the box... Don't like MIUI...
Actually there is wsm tools which is a xposed alternative for miui. But I haven't installed it because it supposedly doesn't work on redmi. I don't want to brick my phone

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Actually there is wsm tools which is a xposed alternative for miui. But I haven't installed it because it supposedly doesn't work on redmi. I don't want to brick my phone

Me too... I might brick the phone. If it was a Samsung or Sony, I would have done that, because recovering these phones is very easy as long as you can access Fastboot... But don't know much about Xiaomi and how easy it would be to recover from a brick...

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
wsm tools will work in redmi without any problem. I have wrote a tip on how to get back the electron beam (CRT) screen lock animation back in V45 using wsm tools.

setanjan123

In the zone
wsm tools will work in redmi without any problem. I have wrote a tip on how to get back the electron beam (CRT) screen lock animation back in V45 using wsm tools.
Will it work in v34 aka the stock firmware?? Can't update to latest firmware atm

Top Bottom