The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
got it easily, purchased it.. ! for my cousin

demand for the phone has gone down, just put it on sale already, no more dumb flash sale.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Friends, ordered a Redmi 1S today to replace my wife's Xperia L. Might get it by Friday.

After reading the reviews of that phone on flipkart, I believe the first thing to do to reduce heating and improve battery life should be to root the phone and underclock the processor to 1.2 GHz. What do you guys think? Would getting new updates become a problem if I do that?

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Friends, ordered a Redmi 1S today to replace my wife's Xperia L. Might get it by Friday.

After reading the reviews of that phone on flipkart, I believe the first thing to do to reduce heating and improve battery life should be to root the phone and underclock the processor to 1.2 GHz. What do you guys think? Would getting new updates become a problem if I do that?

Update to the latest V45 ROM, then root and install nofrillzcpu and under clock it. It will reduce the heat considerably, but it still can get warm. You can't OTA update if you are rooted, but you can download any new ROM in pc, transfer it to phone and update.

A friend of mine has Redmi 1S in his cart till tomorrow evening. If anyone wants please pm me. Can be ordered if COD is available.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
A friend of mine has Redmi 1S in his cart till tomorrow evening. If anyone wants please pm me. Can be ordered if COD is available.

It CAN be shipped via COD. I did to amjath.
And now when we have a separate thread, post this here: *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/188062-any-one-needs-redmi-1s-no-extra-charge.html

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
It CAN be shipped via COD. I did to amjath.
And now when we have a separate thread, post this here: *www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/188062-any-one-needs-redmi-1s-no-extra-charge.html

Done! Thanks.

Nighthawk12

In the zone

Nah no need to do anything other than updating it to v45. It's doesnt' heat much unless you're using it while charging or gaming for long.
I'm using it since I say 20 days or so no heating issue experienced so far. I play Clash of Clans very often it doesn't heat much.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Experienced my first problem today with Redmi1s. It was saying Mobile Network not available even though SIM was available. Had to reinsert SIM and restart phone. Since phone was with my mom whole day I was not able to contact had to come from office and do the troubleshooting.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Do not update it to latest version(v45)Some redmi 1S user are saying after updating UI is laggy due to aggressive CPU throttling .Root your phone install coolify or you may try one power guard make sure you select conservative.

Corrected.

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Do not update it to latest version(v45)Some redmi 1S user are saying after updating UI is smooth due to aggressive CPU throttling .Root your phone install coolify or you may try one power guard make sure you select conservative.

I don't understand. How is the UI smooth if CPU is aggressively throttled?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys if I have the lite version enabled will I not have access to the notification area at the top of the window.
In lite version it's quite inconvenient to go to setting and enable or disable Wi-fi.

amjath

Human Spambot
That was fast... Bangalore always gets priority... I have Flipkart first subscription, but won't get it until Friday atleast in Hyderabad...
My colleague also got it in 24 hour with standard shipping