Samsung Galaxy S2 Price Drop?

mitraark

Decrepit
No for the G Version

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II vs. Samsung I9100G Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com

Some info from XDA

For me, the I9100 is better because there's far more custom roms & kernels for it on here (about a 20:1 ratio).

Here's is all you need to know .

*www.thegeeksclub.com/difference-samsung-galaxy-s2-gti9100-gti9100g

aviral1990

Broken In
No for the G Version

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II vs. Samsung I9100G Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com

Some info from XDA

For me, the I9100 is better because there's far more custom roms & kernels for it on here (about a 20:1 ratio).

Here's is all you need to know .

Samsung Galaxy S II I9100G vs Galaxy S2 I9100 - What's the difference? - The Geeks Club

you are missing my point m8...i already know that 9100G is inferior in performance to I9100.. So my second choice is moto atrix 2. However peeps says its buggy.. So i just wanna know whether buying 9100G would be better than buying atrix 2 or no? I wud love to buy 9100 but cant coz it aint available..

so my final decision has to be atrix 2 about 22k or SGS2 9100G at 26k..

What u guys suggest?

rider

as Kratos
But guys if i receive a 9100G version, will it be still superior to atrix 2??marginally or quite comparably..? This is because in my country i am not getting a 9100...thats why i was going for atrix 2 which did feel good on paper as well as video reviews..

But do tell me guys..shud i go for S2 only..?even if it is 9100G?

thanks

Samsung Galaxy Nexus (which is not launched in india) is having same chipset, processor, RAM and GPU like I9100G. It's better to get G version rather Atrix 2.
BTW Where are you from?

aviral1990

Broken In
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (which is not launched in india) is having same chipset, processor, RAM and GPU like I9100G. It's better to get G version rather Atrix 2.
BTW Where are you from?

New Delhi, India...

Atrix 2 has the same chipset and gpu as 9100G,just 200mhz lesser cpu clock..which might be equal to 9100G as i have read it is clocked at 1008mhz..
plus atrix quite cheaper,22k while SGS2=26k

thats why thought of atrix 2..but do u still suggest SGS2 even if it is 9100G..performance would be quite better than atrix 2 ? and how inferior than original galaxy 9100?

and the reason for not going for nexus is unavailability of samsung warranty here in india...

thanks

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
I'm not saying to buy imported galaxy nexus, I'm just giving example that the same configuration comes with the G version.
There are many points why galaxy is better than atrix not only the chipset, see everything is not as written in specs like you say I9100G has 1008Mhz dual core, this also applicable to atrix 2, may be it is 800 dual core or something?
Points that make atrix to avoid:
*Bad after sales
*Almsot getting invisible from Indian market, as many of their shops closed in India.
*Screen is normal TFT comparison to SAMOLED plus of S2.
*Worse camera performance than S2
*Heavier than S2
* Last but not the least the GUI Motoblur sucks, its the worst UI on an android device.
Many people commented in the review that its the worst GUI ever in the history of GUI.

If your budget is not more than 22k go for Galaxy S Advance.

aviral1990

Broken In
I'm not saying to buy imported galaxy nexus, I'm just giving example that the same configuration comes with the G version.
There are many points why galaxy is better than atrix not only the chipset, see everything is not as written in specs like you say I9100G has 1008Mhz dual core, this also applicable to atrix 2, may be it is 800 dual core or something?
Points that make atrix to avoid:
*Bad after sales
*Almsot getting invisible from Indian market, as many of their shops closed in India.
*Screen is normal TFT comparison to SAMOLED plus of S2.
*Worse camera performance than S2
*Heavier than S2
* Last but not the least the GUI Motoblur sucks, its the worst UI on an android device.
Many people commented in the review that its the worst GUI ever in the history of GUI.

If your budget is not more than 22k go for Galaxy S Advance.

the thing is i dont at all care about screen,camera etc.
I just want a smooth performer without lags,bugs etc..good for multitasking and playn heavy games..
So stil go for sgs2 i9100g?or atrix 2? :)
And s advance has 4'screen and 768 mb ram..so no to it..

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Atrix 2 is not with ICS and no news of upgrading in india yet. S II is much much better in terms of benchmarks also galaxy nexus/G version. Performance wise atrix 2 is worse than HTC Sensation.
Go to maket and buy I9100 (non G version), its easily available in delhi for 26k if you can bargain.

Last edited:

aviral1990

Broken In
Lol..Tell me the store name and area in delhi..i will go and buy it right now..near my house i cant find anyone seliing for less than 27.7k..

thanks

rider

as Kratos
Lol..Tell me the store name and area in delhi..i will go and buy it right now..near my house i cant find anyone seliing for less than 27.7k..

thanks

I can't tell you particular shop. Try some good shop in gaffar market who can provide bill.
What it is the problem to purchase it from ebay.in? They are reliable.
They are selling the non-G version and you can call them and make yourself sure.

randomuser111

Technomancer
Get the GT-I9100 and call it a day :p Don't get the G version. Go out and search for I9100 and the best deal you can get on it. As mentioned above, its clearly mentioned in the box and also the box for I9100 and I9100G differ.

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
the link the earlier provided here from eBay - check that again.
The seller has confirmed that he will be shipping I9100 Model with Black Colour only....

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
I will be going in a hunt for I9100 today , if its available for 26k ..I'm grabbing it...
In stores like UNivercell ,MobileStore.. is avail but for 28k... ::::(

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
Guys ... Guess what .. I got the samsung Galaxy S2 .. !! Finally :).. Bargained... spent half day today for this... FInally Could get it for 26.8 k with a Samsung blutooth headset worth Rs.999 and a proper bill :) ..

Really Excited .... Loving it...

rider

as Kratos
Guys ... Guess what .. I got the samsung Galaxy S2 .. !! Finally :).. Bargained... spent half day today for this... FInally Could get it for 26.8 k with a Samsung blutooth headset worth Rs.999 and a proper bill :) ..

Congrats! for the new phone, please post some pictures of phone.. so we can believe. :mrgreen: Also mention the place from where you purchased in delhi.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer

Congrats dude....

Top Bottom