Samsung Galaxy S2 Price Drop?

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
I will recommend to go and bargain in a local store and be confident before you buy. Flipkart is selling only G variant so not recommended.

I have emailed Flipkart about the version they are shipping.. and they said.. they have I9100 with Gingerbread as I9100G is discontinued!!

All local stores should be having only I9100 only...

Hey guys

I tried few stores on ebay..they say that it could be either 9100 or 9100G..however i want a 9100 only , not the G variant..even on flipkart..few people got 9100G instead of 9100..

thanks a lot

Well.. Email Flipkart Customer Care to confirm and opt for COD.. .if they ship I9100G you can reject the shipping... BUT you dont get best price for I9100 on flipkart right now

aviral1990

Broken In
Well thats the problem m8... Flipkart is selling for about 28k..and ebay its 26.1k..but cant guarantee whether it will be original or G variant. Local stores too almost selling at 27.9k only..

Im going for Motorola atrix 2 now..cheaper..good performance..could go for galaxy nexus also..but no samsung india warranty..so dunno whether should buy nexus or not..I mean do these phones give any such frequent hardships?( i will be getting 1 year seller warranty though..)

mitraark

Decrepit
Well thats the problem m8... Flipkart is selling for about 28k..and ebay its 26.1k..but cant guarantee whether it will be original or G variant. Local stores too almost selling at 27.9k only..

Im going for Motorola atrix 2 now..cheaper..good performance..could go for galaxy nexus also..but no samsung india warranty..so dunno whether should buy nexus or not..I mean do these phones give any such frequent hardships?( i will be getting 1 year seller warranty though..)

Are you sure about the Atrix 2 ? I had decided to buy the Atrix 2 but too many people complained about the Customer Service and several bugs + less community support which i why i decided to skip it even though it has excellent specs and reviews were also good.

rider

as Kratos
Are you sure about the Atrix 2 ? I had decided to buy the Atrix 2 but too many people complained about the Customer Service and several bugs + less community support which i why i decided to skip it even though it has excellent specs and reviews were also good.

Better to increase your budget little more and get Galaxy S II I9100 for 25k. Please don't buy Atrix 2, you will regret it later.

rider

as Kratos
HTC is gonna post loss this year as well :lol:

what do you mean by as well? They were in high profit last year (2011). Also they earn lots by launching first quad core mobile phone.
This phone HTC One S is only gonna popular if they launch 32 GB model for 26-28k.

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
what do you mean by as well? They were in high profit last year (2011). Also they earn lots by launching first quad core mobile phone.
This phone HTC One S is only gonna popular if they launch 32 GB model for 26-28k.

*inforains.com/htc-face-profit-loss-due-to-samsung-galaxy-nexus-and-apples-iphone-4s/

From last quarter of 2011 to carry on this year 'as well'..

Hmm if and only IF they launch ONE S with 32 GB version for 26~28 K , even i might mully over it..

BTW... there is no news of ONE S launch today ???

rider

as Kratos
*inforains.com/htc-face-profit-loss-due-to-samsung-galaxy-nexus-and-apples-iphone-4s/

From last quarter of 2011 to carry on this year 'as well'..

Hmm if and only IF they launch ONE S with 32 GB version for 26~28 K , even i might mully over it..

BTW... there is no news of ONE S launch today ???

LOL, it is loss in the profit, not the loss in revenue or income.
The phone has appeared on htc india website. So, it will available from next week in online websites.

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
Vellamao Benchmark Score of HTC ONE S (1.7Ghz dual core scorpion) is 1771 whereas international version (1.5Ghz dual core Krait) has 2404.

Profit loss it is !!

you mistyped "post loss", that's okay leave it. :-?

I called HTC India website, they are saying HTC One S is not launched yet, it would be availabe in the end of june or first week of july with 1.7Ghz dual core processor. :|

OP
far

far

Keep Going!
I called HTC India website, they are saying HTC One S is not launched yet, it would be availabe in the end of june or first week of july with 1.7Ghz dual core processor. :|

Oh God... they are going crazy ..are they gonna release 32 GB version as well.. they are delaying too much :O

They are making me wait on the S2 deal :shock:

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
There is no 32 GB variant of One S.

And I don't see why you should wait for One S with s3 cpu. GS2 is better/as good than s3 one S in every area.

mitraark

Decrepit
Galaxy SII released almost a year ago , is it still good enough compared to the newly launced phones such as Xperia S / P and HTC One S ? [ I have very little idea soyry :(]

rider

as Kratos
Oh God... they are going crazy ..are they gonna release 32 GB version as well.. they are delaying too much :O

They are making me wait on the S2 deal :shock:

There is no news of 32GB version yet. HTC One S is selling like hot cakes in other countries that's why they have shortage of krait processors.

Galaxy SII released almost a year ago , is it still good enough compared to the newly launced phones such as Xperia S / P and HTC One S ? [ I have very little idea soyry :(]

The international version of HTC One S is the best among all phones but our Indian version is with a year old processing system that makes it comparable to Galaxy S2.
Since, Galaxy S1 was discontinued in september/october last year, S2 might also be this year.

randomuser111

Technomancer

Galaxy S II is still a very good phone even compared to Sony Xperia S (Xperia P doesn't compare with SII really to be frank) and Htc One S. It also has a much larger developer support than either the Xperia S or Htc One S.

And overall neither the Xperia S nor the Htc One S (s3 version) is noticeably better than GSII.

And at 25-26k its AWESOME value !!. Don't worry about it being discontinued, it will continue to get huge developer support over @ XDA.

aviral1990

Broken In
But guys if i receive a 9100G version, will it be still superior to atrix 2??marginally or quite comparably..? This is because in my country i am not getting a 9100...thats why i was going for atrix 2 which did feel good on paper as well as video reviews..

But do tell me guys..shud i go for S2 only..?even if it is 9100G?

thanks

Top Bottom