Run Opera mini on Nokia s40(v2, v3, v5)

santanu007

Right off the assembly line
dear amir few days back i have asked u for the vodafone settings..but u haven't replied..its ok bro...i just found it in ur given folder..the settings is absolutely working fine with my nokia2630..thnx a ton bro...once again thnx a tonzzzz..

public_amrut

Re: Run Opera mini on Nokia s40(v5)

sorry amir....
i created it again in wml editor........
but same response.......
invalid web settings........

if possible u can create it?????

have loop...

public_amrut

hey amir........
2day i tried something else........

i transfered tat .prov file created my me on other phone...

nokia 6070......

n guess wat... it worked........:lol::p:grin::cool:

d BPL or LOOP settings r working...........

but its not working in my 5130........
may b der r some other settings for v5...

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
hey amir........

nokia 6070......

Dont no why it is not working on your mobile set. But i have tested setting on nokia 5610 xm s40v5.... and it works successfully.

alfredkalel

Re: Loop :- acess point settings including all information given below

It is not tough as you think.
Use some mind.. just send it via bluetooth or infrared in your mobile.
Now will recieve a message(file received).... save it(save it anyway if it says file not supported) and goto setting and set this setting default for all applications...That's it .

I have saved it, but in local drive (my gallery for example)...but useless, doesn't appear any new web setting =S... :/ i thought i made a bad compilation or something, so i tried to send your .prov (posted in this thread)...but samething =S :cry:

public_amrut

hi amir.

sorry 4 disturbing u again....

but i noticed 1thing 2day......
when i activate d sent setting's in 5130xm
d default browser starts n i can surf....

but,
wen i activate default settings in all application's
everything stop's working again..... even d default browser....

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
hi ...
i tried this on my nokia 5130 (Series 40 5th Edition, Feature Pack 1) with vodafone live but it didn't work ,even the normal browser which was working fine b4 stopped working ...
Please help..

hey amir........

nokia 6070......

yeah....it is the problem with new Nokia 5130 XM.
I was using this trick for over 1.5 yrs.....with my nokia 5200 n N 3110c.

But now its not working with my N 5130 XM...

Might be due to s40 v5, or the files now need some more modification...

Amir, can u try to look this matter.......thnx..!!!

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
^^Ok, let me try to find the solution...Come back again if find any success.
Actually the main problem is i have currenty no any s40 v5 device....move to s60...same with my friends also....some of them have either s40 v2 v3 or s60.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
kk......i think there is some certification problem (may b to enhance security by Nokia) which i think denying access to jar apps. coz pre-installed apps like OperaMini and others are also jar apps, but they r working fine with default gprs settings......!!!

vista__n00b

Broken In
Ok so I got a Nokia 5130C-2 yesterday and the first problem I had to fix was that Opera Mini was not the latest build. The supplied build is 4.1 but I installed 4.2 and found that it didn't work. Search around a lot...found this thread and many other resources...a little head banging and now Opera Mini 4.2 works in Nokia 5130 :)

Actually latest S40 phones do not allow proxy settings to be used globally. You need to define them for individual MIDlet's so I had to make a few changes to the WML file. Here is the link to download WML and PROV file for "MTNL Postpaid Delhi" and Opera Mini.
*rapidshare.com/files/280161173/MTNL_Delhi_WebProxy.rar.html
MD5: 3768CB039D66E2303CF6CB934B49E836

Enjoy :)

P.S. Thanks a lot to Amir.php for creating this thread.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
just checked ur edited file......but i think MTNL aka Dolphin does not needs any proxy....i have used it...without any worries....!!!

Well coming to this.....can u tell how to generalize this for running all kinds of java apps....

Secondly, how did u got this name "x-midlet-Opera Software ASA Opera Mini" ?
If i edit it for a particular application, say "eBuddy" for Airtel NOP, what would i write in value ?

Thnx for this new file........!!! :)

vista__n00b

Broken In
just checked ur edited file......but i think MTNL aka Dolphin does not needs any proxy....i have used it...without any worries....!!!
Then you are luckier cos it just didn't want to work for me :)
Infact all the settings inserted in that file have been taken by me from the following link and it shows that MTNL's network even uses a username and password
*mtnldelhi.in/dolphin/gprs.htm
Well coming to this.....can u tell how to generalize this for running all kinds of java apps....
I really have no idea how to do that. I am just guessing that if the settings are being set for a particular application then we might have to make prov files for each midlet and change our settings everytime we want to use a particular app. On the other hand I have been able to use Opera Mini, Nimbuzz and Google app from getjar after using these proxy settings...so I really don't know what is the mumbo jumbo behind it.
Secondly, how did u got this name "x-midlet-Opera Software ASA Opera Mini"?
This just comes from the format for writing these values. It takes x-midlet-<first 20 characters from app vendor's name><space><first 20 characters from app name>

I also wanted to try ebuddy but don't know exact vendor name and app name from "about" page of ebuddy bcos it just doesn't open until we have a network connection. If you can get the exact vendor name and app name from somewhere...then try it in this format and please post here. I will try it on MTNL network :D

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
On the other hand I have been able to use Opera Mini, Nimbuzz and Google app from getjar after using these proxy settings...

U r trying to say that, with this single settings u r able to use Opera, Nimbuzz & google maps.....(all) ?

Nimbuzz is what i want....actually its quite hectic if we have to change setting for a particular apps all time.......

I'll definitely try this, may get work......!!!

I also wanted to try ebuddy but don't know exact vendor name and app name from "about" page of ebuddy bcos it just doesn't open until we have a network connection.

So, with this settings ebuddy didnt worked.....???

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Great trick vista_n00b. I am happy to see that you guys also trying to find solution....And vista_00b please give the name of applications which are really working on your s40 v5 with these new parameter. If your trick is working&.. then it will really be so helpfull for v5 users....Both pritdude and vista00b accept my thanks for your patience. Also a Good news opera recently launches new version of opera mini beta 5. it is awesome... try it on your s40 also...good by.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Hello all Nokia s40 v5 users, Your solution is here.:idea:
Nokia has continue to annoying peoples in there latest s40 v5 devices(more):-?
1. First you need to Download some file:
1. Wml file - for Editing(it is currently for Airtel now)
2. wbxml2-0.9.0-bin.win32.rar
3. WML Editor
2. Install WML editor and open the Downloaded .wml(NokiaJAVAProxy2)file in it. it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE wap-provisioningdoc PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD PROV 1.0//EN"
"*www.wapforum.org/DTD/prov.dtd">
<wap-provisioningdoc version="1.0">

<!-- This WML doc created by Ravi Mathur, January 12 2008 -->
<!-- HowardForums username: ravidavi -->

<characteristic type="BOOTSTRAP">
<!-- Name of the configuration -->
<parm name="NAME" value="MTNL Postpaid JAVA"/>
</characteristic>

<!-- Defines how network access occurs -->
<characteristic type="ACCESS">
<parm name="RULE" value="Default Rule"/>

<!-- Connect through specified proxy -->
<parm name="TO-PROXY" value="MTNLProxy"/>
</characteristic>

<!-- Defines proxy parameters -->
<characteristic type="PXLOGICAL">
<parm name="PROXY-ID" value="MTNLProxy"/>
<parm name="NAME" value="MTNL Proxy"/>
<characteristic type="PXPHYSICAL">
<parm name="PHYSICAL-PROXY-ID" value="MTNL Proxy"/>
<parm name="PXADDR" value="172.16.31.10"/>
<parm name="PXADDRTYPE" value="IPV4"/>
<parm name="PUSHENABLED" value="0"/>
<characteristic type="PORT">
<parm name="PORTNBR" value="9201"/>
</characteristic>

<!-- Connect through specified access point -->
<parm name="TO-NAPID" value="MTNLNAP"/>
</characteristic>
</characteristic>

<!-- Defines Network Access Point (NAP) parameters -->
<characteristic type="NAPDEF">
<parm name="NAPID" value="MTNLNAP"/>
<parm name="NAME" value="MTNL NAP"/>
<parm name="BEARER" value="GSM-GPRS"/>
<parm name="NAP-ADDRESS" value="gprsmtnldel"/>
<parm name="NAP-ADDRTYPE" value="APN"/>
<characteristic type="NAPAUTHINFO">
<!-- PAP is "normal" authentication -->
<parm name="AUTHTYPE" value="PAP"/>
<parm name="AUTHNAME" value="mtnl"/>
<parm name="AUTHSECRET" value="mtnl123"/>
</characteristic>
</characteristic>

<characteristic type="APPLICATION">
<parm name="APPID" value="x-midlet"/>
<parm name="TO-PROXY" value="MTNLProxy"/>
<parm name="NAME" value="MTNL Proxy"/>
</characteristic>

</wap-provisioningdoc>
3. Edit according to your service provider specification, which i have marked as RED.
you can also edit Your service providers name(optionally but will be better for you), which i have marked as Green. and Save it.
Now we are ready to convert this wml file into prove file:

1. Make a folder in any Drive and copy/paste this wml file in this folder.
2. Extract and copy/paste wbxml2-0.9.0-bin.win32 folder also in that folder(for your ease only).
3. open wbxml2-0.9.0-bin.win32 and you will see xml2wbxml.exe.
4. To run this file open command window and go your created folder by cd command and run it. It will show how to use it.
for example:
Syntax: xml2wbxl -o output.wbxml input.xml
eg.
xml2wbxml -o C:\Amir\NokiaJAVAProxy2.prov C:\Amir\NokiaJAVAProxy2.wml
This will generate a .prov file with name NokiaJAVAProxy2.prov in the folder name C:\Amir.
5. That's all.
Now you can transfer this .prov file in your mobile using bluetooth or infrared.
Save this setting and make it default from configuration.
Fore more help see the Screen Shots on first page, step wise:

I want to give the credit for making this wml setting file for s40 v5 is to digit users:
pr.itdude & vista__n00b

Last edited:

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
Note: You need to generate separate provisional(.prov) file for each Your internet based java apllications, such as Opera mini, google map, yahoo go ect.
In this case v2, v3 users are lucky, because they need only one prov file for each java application to access internet.
The credit for making prov file for s40 v5 is for digit user: vista__n00b.

Here is something interesting i found......
I used this parameter instead of provided by vista_noob,
Code:

I used this setting for Airtel NOP, and all the applications are running without any problem.....!!! I tested most of the applications, like preinstalled OperaMini 4, new OperaMini 5 beta, eBuddy, CricZenga etc etc.

Failure : One application which i tested and not run was Nimbuzz (messenger), actually it stuck in middle and neither passed nor failed.

So, v5 users u may try this parameter and post your reply for a specific application......whether it succeeded or not.....!!!

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Here is something interesting i found......
I used this parameter instead of provided by vista_noob,
Code:

I used this setting for Airtel NOP, and all the applications are running without any problem.....!!! I tested most of the applications, like preinstalled OperaMini 4, new OperaMini 5 beta, eBuddy, CricZenga etc etc.

Failure : One application which i tested and not run was Nimbuzz (messenger), actually it stuck in middle and neither passed nor failed.

So, v5 users u may try this parameter and post your reply for a specific application......whether it succeeded or not.....!!!

wow, your means only one provisional file for all JAVA Applications in v5 also.
If it is really, then please upload and give the link of your sample wml file.
So i can edit second tutorial for other peoples help.
Thanks once again for conribution.

Last edited:

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
^^ yeah, one .prov file for all java applications in the new Nokia S40 v5 phones.
See the attached file for Airtel NOP users (both .wml and .prov).
*www.4shared.com/file/133781574/a7d72504/NokiaJAVAProxy2.html
*www.4shared.com/file/133781562/57afb170/NokiaJAVAProxy2.html

One can edit his own file, by just adding the following code in the end, just before the "</wap-provisioningdoc>" line of the particular .wml file for his operator. And then following the same procedure.

Code:
<characteristic type="APPLICATION">
<parm name="TO-PROXY" value="AirtelProxy"/>
<parm name="NAME" value="Airtel Proxy"/>
</characteristic>

I have tested this for a lots of applications now, like ebuddy, Google Maps, Opera Mini (preinstalled), Opera Mini 5 beta, Snaptu etc etc.

If anyone face any problem with any particular application, post here..... we try to test that too....!!!

Thanx to vista_noob, amir.php and hail to Digit community...!!!:razz:

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
^^Thanks mate, i have edited second tutorial based on your wml file. And make the link on the first page also.
As i said earlier i have no any s40 v5 device(using n73 s60 v3).... So for this invention all the credit to You(pr.itdue) and vista__n00b.

Top Bottom