Run Opera mini on Nokia s40(v2, v3, v5)

arnold

Broken In
Hi!

Ok,could you please make me the [.prov] file for the following parameters,in the format as you have wanted :-

I want it to work in Nokia 3110c ( s40 v.3 ) with an Aircel Prepaid ( Pocket Internet offer ) connection.

proxy : 172.17.83.69
port : 8080
apn : aircelweb
Please let me know if any more information is needed regarding Aircel Web/connection.

Thanking you for this great tutorial thread and also for helping all others.

arnold

Broken In
Aircel Prepaid Network Settings for Java based Applications in Nokia 3110c Handsets

Thanks for working out the settings, but sorry to say that even activating the said settings and making it default, "Opera Mini" & other Java based applications weren't working, stating that the application failed to connect due to network problems.

So,perhaps the trick is not applicable for Aircel users in the eastern region of India. If anyone can make it work with Aircel pre-paid connection with a Pocket Internet facility,please come forward and let us know.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Re: Aircel Prepaid Network Settings for Java based Applications in Nokia 3110c Hands

Thanks for working out the settings, but sorry to say that even activating the said settings and making it default, "Opera Mini" & other Java based applications weren't working, stating that the application failed to connect due to network problems.

So,perhaps the trick is not applicable for Aircel users in the eastern region of India. If anyone can make it work with Aircel pre-paid connection with a Pocket Internet facility,please come forward and let us know.

It does not matter which network you are using. It only depends upon parameters and version. If all the parameters you have mentioned are right and there are no any network problem of aircel in your area, then there is no any reasion for not working of this setting.
From the last 2 year i have been provided thousand of setting to the various countries network.

Last edited:

Abhi191

Broken In
After reading this thread i have tried almost all the tricks given here but my opera won't open givin an error - "Falied network connection".......
pls provide me .prov file for airtel nop....
I'm having nokia 5220 xpress music(s40v5).......

acces pt- airtelwap.com
proxy - 100.1.200.99
port - 8080

Pls help.......

Good to see that this thread is still active.....:-D:-D

Last edited:

arnold

Broken In
Re: Aircel Prepaid Network Settings for Java based Applications in Nokia 3110c Hands

It does not matter which network you are using. It only depends upon parameters and version. If all the parameters you have mentioned are right and there are no any network problem of aircel in your area, then there is no any reasion for not working of this setting.
From the last 2 year i have been provided thousand of setting to the various countries network.

The settings with the Aircel NAP is working well when I am using the mobile's default browser, but as soon as I try to start any netwrk based application including Opera Mini, the small "E" that shows web accessibility gets crossed and the connection is closed with the message showing the cost for the session is flashed. Only once the application called "iRadio" worked fine for a while with the above settings in Nokia 3110c handset.

So, any idea what is the problem ? Does the connection needs some more correction or something ? But, I did checked with the customer care with the manual settings parameter that is used to make the [.prov] file, it needs no change.

Please do reply.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
^^if one application can detect the internet via this setting, why not other?
Do a fresh Install of the opera mini. Go to application manager and make sure all options are allowed for it.
It should work.

Abhi191

Broken In
Hey thanks for these settings Amir.......
They are working very well for all the java apps on my mobile....
But still one problem is that i can't make ucweb or teashark to work .:sad::sad::sad:
Also i cannot bypass the 3 mb download limit of airtel nop using opera mini..
Please help....

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
^^You cannot do anything to baypass the 3mb limit.
it is the maximum download limit in Airtel proxy..... Only UCweb can help.....it should work.
check ucweb network access permission is enable or not in file manager.

alfredkalel

Right off the assembly line
Hello people, i still have problems, while sending the configuration (.prov file) to my s40 6230i

i don't know if its because of the file, or the phone, i receive the file, but my phone detects it as a "unknown" file, not as a config file :S

HELP PLEASE :(

rudie_techie

I figured it out myself... See this guide : *forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1249166.htm Thanks for all the help...;-):cool:

chandan385

After reading this thread i have tried almost all the tricks given here but my opera won't open
pls provide me .prov file for smart
I'm having nokia 3500c

acces pt- rcomwap
proxy - 97.253.26.143
port - 8080

Pls help.......

Good to see that this thread is still active.....:cry:

ojam22

hello experts...could you send me or tell me how to use google maps on 5130 c-2 nokia express music how to do this guy *www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0CzZlsSKcE i cannot install application just i can download it and then i am lost...i tried call O2 and nokia but as well but they dont help me. I using O2 in UK my mobile says that the application needs connection from data, its says that they want me to go to google site/gmm/configure.html or i need allow data access via application setting but i realyy lost..thanks for answer

shasha1993

Re: Request for correct .prov file

Hi, Amir. I followed your instructions without fail till the last step but when i transferred the .prov file into my phone through my PC (using Bluetooth dongle) it said 'settings not supported by phone' but still i made them default as i read in one of posts i read written by you. Activated them in all applications but in vain.
When i opened Opera Mini 5 beta {i downloaded it through the official site} it said 'No working network connection found'.
I felt like *@##$*$#/#*$*.
Please send me the correct .prov file.
I will be highly thankful.
I use
Nokia 5130 XM (s40 v5 fp 1)
My connection is MTNL 3g Prepaid. [Could you please check the details i am giving below, I am sure they are right but in case........]
settings-
port- 9201
access point- gprsppsdel
IP address- 172.16.31.10
homepage- *172.16.31.23.8181/mtnl/index.wml

Please send the file soon.
I am desperate to use these wonderful internet applications on my phone.

Top Bottom