Run Opera mini on Nokia s40(v2, v3, v5)

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
^^for which version of s40?...I mean s40(v2, v3) or v5.
Also give the parameters shown in Red:
proxy address
port number
access point
these parameters are must need generate a .prov file.

^^for which version of s40?...I mean s40(v2, v3) or v5.
Also give the parameters shown in Red:
proxy address
port number
access point
these parameters are must need generate a .prov file.
S40 v5 Feature Pack 1 (Nokia 5130 XpressMusic).

The problem is I DONT know the 3 parameters you want. I'm looking for a proxy for free unlimited browsing.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
^^ I think aircel provides unlimited browsing with Rs. 98 card... Am i right ?
If yes, do they not support java apps....?

Try getting these settings from their Customer Care, u have to convince them that u r unable to save those settings that they sent or u r not receiving any settings or any other excuse.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
^^ u can also try these :

apn : aircelwap or aircelgprs (any one of these)
proxy add : 172.17.83.69
port : 8080

Try these and post whether u succeeded ?

Last edited:

pratikalwaysrocks

Right off the assembly line
guys you all are best
since when i was trying to get hands on my nokia 5130 xm which is s40 v5
now it is possible

thanks guys

if anyone need help pls feel free to call me on 9867267050

honest

@Amir
Hello my dear friend.

I'm successfully using the Settings given by you on my Nokia 3120 Classic handset from the last few months.

Now, I need Settings for Nokia 5130 XM phone, which I purchased for my son.

Settings Needed for Vodafone, Mumbai.

Eagerly waiting for the settings as my son whenever see my Nokia 3120 Classic working with your Settings, starts complaining of his Nokia 5130 XM not working as same as my phone.

Please help me for this.

Thanks in Advance.

rudie_techie

hello guys. I was using this trick on my nokia 3110c phone which was s40v2 i guess, but this isn't working with my nokia 2700c which is s40v5. Can anyone help me with the settings? Is there any workaround... please help..!

I transfered the file to my phone via PC Suite's phone browser and then I sent the prov file to my dad's Samsung E1410 via bluetooth and then transfered it back to my 5130XM hoping it would be identified. But there seems to be no effect. Any idea what to do now ?

Celerai

@Amir

could you plz make me the .prov

i use Nokia 6300 ( s40 v.3 ) i am using Reliance SMART ( SMARTNET offer )

proxy : 97.253.29.199
apn : SMARTNET
EDIT : nevermind i did it myself and its working . thanks man for such excellent tutorial . but i think its not allowing more than one settings in thr phone .

Last edited:
OK, I created the .prov file, but my phone is not allowing me to key it in as "default" :(

(Nokia 6300 v3 phone model)
I've transferred the file through USB, not IR or Bluetooth. Either way how to make the phone use the .prov file as default?

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
@Amir
Hello my dear friend.

I'm successfully using the Settings given by you on my Nokia 3120 Classic handset from the last few months.

Eagerly waiting for the settings as my son whenever see my Nokia 3120 Classic working with your Settings, starts complaining of his Nokia 5130 XM not working as same as my phone.

Please help me for this.

Thanks in Advance.

sorry bro, but there are some trouble with me....... you need to wait some days more or contact with: pr.itdude.
i am sure he will help you.

O I got it to work on my phone, but it works only once for an app, after that I have to reset the default to vodafone, run the app, then set the default back again to the new one I created and then use the app ..

How to make it permanent for all apps?

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
I sent it through another phone. So shouldn't it work ?
And isn't there a workaround ?
Is there an app for PC Suite to configure stuff in phone manually ?

best is to use bluetooth dongle in your PC, and transfer the prov file directly to your phone.
copy/pasting will not going to work here.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
@Amir
Hello my dear friend.

Please help me for this.

Thanks in Advance.

sorry bro, but there are some trouble with me....... you need to wait some days more or contact with: pr.itdude.
i am sure he will help you.

Hi honest,
I dont have exact settings for Vodafone-Mumbai,
but check out the link below and test this file(.prov), which is for Vodafone-Delhi and i tested it too. AFAIK, the settings are same for all over India.

*www.4shared.com/file/138265408/827a79a0/NokiaJAVAProxy-vodafone.html

And post whether it worked or not.....!!!
Posted again:
Dont have a dongle.
Isn't there any workaround ?

I m sure, atleast one of ur frnd hav a lappy, so y dnt u ask him for a lil help :p

Copy the .prov file in a pen drive, and then send the file to ur phone via his lappy's bluetooth.

This is what i did around 2 yrs ago, when i first used this trick :grin:, now i have a dongle .....!!!:lol:

Last edited:

arnold

Broken In
Requesting [.prov] file for Nokia s40 [v2,3,5] with Aircel Prepaid WAP connection

@Amir

Could you please make me the [.prov] file for the following :-

I want it to work in Nokia 3110c ( s40 v.3 ) with an Aircel Prepaid ( Pocket Internet offer ) connection.

proxy : 172.17.83.69
apn : aircelweb

Thanking you for this great tutorial thread and also for helping all others.

Top Bottom