** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I usually get around 1600-1700 bill, it's unlimited plan, check bangaloretelecom.Com it's unlimited 512 kbps
They will send a separate detailed sheet with the bill. Look for call charges there.

512 Kbps unlimited should not be more than 850/month (my plan is 675 before tax for 512 plan)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I usually get around 1600-1700 bill, it's unlimited plan, check bangaloretelecom.Com it's unlimited 512 kbps

check here and tell us which plan you did opt for :
*bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/broadband/BB_plans_less_speed.html

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Exactly 10 days ago, I requested a plan change from ULD Combo 800 (1Mbps upto 6GB, 512Kpbs after that) to ULD Combo 1445 (2Mbps upto 20GB, 1Mbps after that). The plan was changed the same day itself. It was working fine till FUP (i.e. 20GB). After I exceeded the FUP limit, there was some strange problem where I could access HTTPS sites but not HTTP sites. After a lot of visits to the BSNL office, It took them 3 days to fix it. It is working fine now. But, not at the speed it should be.

As per my new plan, The speed I should be getting is 1Mbps (as I have crossed FUP already) but I am only getting 512Kbps. I have already complained about this to the person-in-charge yesterday itself. But, it is not yet sorted out. I cannot tolerate this bs any longer. And I'm sick of visiting their office. Is there any way to register a complain online? or via phone?

Also, have anyone faced such issues before?

amjath

Human Spambot
Exactly 10 days ago, I requested a plan change from ULD Combo 800 (1Mbps upto 6GB, 512Kpbs after that) to ULD Combo 1445 (2Mbps upto 20GB, 1Mbps after that). The plan was changed the same day itself. It was working fine till FUP (i.e. 20GB). After I exceeded the FUP limit, there was some strange problem where I could access HTTPS sites but not HTTP sites. After a lot of visits to the BSNL office, It took them 3 days to fix it. It is working fine now. But, not at the speed it should be.

As per my new plan, The speed I should be getting is 1Mbps (as I have crossed FUP already) but I am only getting 512Kbps. I have already complained about this to the person-in-charge yesterday itself. But, it is not yet sorted out. I cannot tolerate this bs any longer. And I'm sick of visiting their office. Is there any way to register a complain online? or via phone?

Nope never faced toss when I was in 1445.
Use this link to raise the service request for south Indian users
BSNL CDR Customer Portal

Or use 18003451500

After request use 044 XXXX(area number) 0123 if in chennai

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Nope never faced toss when I was in 1445.
Use this link to raise the service request for south Indian users
BSNL CDR Customer Portal

Or use 18003451500

After request use 044 XXXX(area number) 0123 if in chennai

Just logged in to selfcare portal and saw that the active plan is ULD 1495 and not ULD 1445. :facepalm:
Even before FUP, the speeds I received was 2Mbps (ULD 1445) not 4Mbps (ULD 1495). I'm sick of these idiots at BSNL office. Will have to again visit there office tomorrow to give them a piece of mind. :-x

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
[MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION] Being a customer of BSNL for so many years I found there is only 1 real solution: Leave BSNL for other ISPs. It's just not worth fighting over for.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION] Being a customer of BSNL for so many years I found there is only 1 real solution: Leave BSNL for other ISPs. It's just not worth fighting over for.

The only other ISP in my place is RailWire. Unfortunately, My area isn't under their coverage. So, I am forced to stick with BSNL.

- - - Updated - - -

Visited their office today and they want me to change the plan once again and pay for the 10 day usage too (including the down time). :banghead:

Last edited:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hello Forum members & Experts, Please suggest what to Do ?

I'm a BSNL BB User Since Dec,2005 & My Current plan is BBG COMBO ULD 845.

The problem is now - Last 6 months or more that when ever the Electricity Goes OFF the Broadband Line & Phone Dial Tone also go Dead. Earlier there is no such problem - If user able to provide power at the Modem, Internet browsing can be uninterrupted for whole time.

Upon telling the problem to the BB Section of the local exchange, their reply 'Sorry our battery stand is spoiled hence there is no power and we can't provide power during power cut'.

Now I gather they don't want to spend any money to replace spoiled battery....To me this is a void of contract which 24x7 BSNL BroadBand.

So I like to know to whom I need to lodge my complain ?

P.S: I can't go any other ISP because there isn't any in my Area, else I switch over in past 9 years.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

Once you exceed the FUP limit,BSNL notifies with a webpage seeking your permission to either go on with the same speed 2Mbps at extra rupees more or decreases your speed to 1Mbps without paying an extra paise.
I also do have the same ULD1445 BSNL Broadband plan. After opting out(usually I choose to decrease my speed to 1Mbps,without paying extra)from 2Mbps to 1Mbps ,one needs to switch off the adsl2+ modem/router and switch on say after 3 or 4min. No issues faced till date.

Yes the promised speed of 2Mbps and 1Mbps(after FUP) seldom reaches or happens,which is TRUE. The speed of BSNL Broadband is a real CRAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP................:zzz::deadbored::blackeye:

Strangely our Dum Dum Telephone Exchange is very good at servicing to customers in resolving issues since 3~4 years back. They at least try and succeed in most cases to resolve your issues/problems.Mainly realted to billing issues,net disconnection issues,misc. etc.They take a holistic approach of good servicing to customers,except failed in one main aspect : Actual Broadband speed/bandwidth.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=123453]kg11sgbg[/MENTION] I knew about the FUP limits crossed page. But the actual problem was It wasn't showing up. Rather, I was getting connection timeouts. Only a few HTTPS sites were accessible. Sometimes they won't load too. It lasted for 3-4 days until the oldies at BSNL fixed that.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@kg11sgbg I knew about the FUP limits crossed page. But the actual problem was It wasn't showing up. Rather, I was getting connection timeouts. Only a few HTTPS sites were accessible. Sometimes they won't load too. It lasted for 3-4 days until the oldies at BSNL fixed that.
Had the same problem here. Was fixed 3 days ago.

How to force them to implement Hyderabad plans in my circle too (particularly BBG Combo ULD 611 CS54 plan)? I'm fed up of this 512 kbps "meherbani" by BSNL. :mad:

*2.bp.blogspot.com/-PTI9LZvtKJA/VPVzhE2WSvI/AAAAAAAAG18/ZACRo1R9qEs/s1600/bsnl%2Bhyderbad%2B16mbps%2Bplans.png

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Had the same problem here. Was fixed 3 days ago.

How to force them to implement Hyderabad plans in my circle too (particularly BBG Combo ULD 611 CS54 plan)? I'm fed up of this 512 kbps "meherbani" by BSNL. :mad:

*2.bp.blogspot.com/-PTI9LZvtKJA/VPVzhE2WSvI/AAAAAAAAG18/ZACRo1R9qEs/s1600/bsnl%2Bhyderbad%2B16mbps%2Bplans.png

I would be more than happy with a 2 Mbps true unlimited plan without any FUP.

If they can provide 512kbps true unlimited plans, then why not 2Mbps? Or at least 1Mbps true unlimited plan. But, that's not gonna happen whatever we do. :|

kg11sgbg

BSNL won't implement these super Plans as depicted in Hyderabad circle to Pan India. Actually a state ,its capital,region of growth,competition and market demands play into these.
At least they will never implement such plans in Kolkata,as BSNL has a huge user base than other states,and mostly all of us(including myself) are forced to be satisfied with these crappy meagre speeds.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
BSNL won't implement these super Plans as depicted in Hyderabad circle to Pan India. Actually a state ,its capital,region of growth,competition and market demands play into these.
At least they will never implement such plans in Kolkata,as BSNL has a huge user base than other states,and mostly all of us(including myself) are forced to be satisfied with these crappy meagre speeds.

We should send an email/open letter to the chairman of BSNL, its board of directors (BSNL Board Of Directors) and also in public media citing how bsnl is blatantly ripping us off but favouring Hyderabad circle for their own greed.

Can digit post an article on the site and magazine for the same?

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

We should send an email/open letter to the chairman of BSNL, its board of directors (BSNL Board Of Directors) and also in public media citing how bsnl is blatantly ripping us off but favouring Hyderabad circle for their own greed.

+1 for this suggestion,brother.

+1 for d suggestion

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i have found out that most of them are damn thick skinned so i doubt how much that is going to help until it becomes a big movement.

Top Bottom