Official iOS devices thread

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Re: iPhone3G owners discussion thread

There’s no iPhone 2G. There’s the iPhone and the iPhone 3G.

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

There’s no iPhone 2G. There’s the iPhone and the iPhone 3G.

:D WELL SAID :D

By the way, is iPhone still available in india?

Today I dropped my iPhone accidentally. To my utter surprise, it survived without any scratch. I thing the build quality is really good.

Last edited:

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

To All IPhone Gurus,

After loosing my n95 8gb i thought of taking the iphone.. I have some questions can some one help me pls..

> Can i use my nokia BH-501 headset with it.
> If i jail break my iphone can it be restored back again to avail warrenty.. Like nokia file system hack i hope
> If i take my mobile from airtel who gives the warranty.
> Does the iphone browser supports full flash enabled website.
> How much RAM do the cuty have.
> Can i transfer file through bluetooth?
> And though i hope the answer is no still... as the iphone has Mac OS x(Correct me if am wrong) will it support the mac softwares.
> How is the battery backup?

Sorry for asking so many questions but i dont know anyone with an iphone so that i can clear my doubts!
Thanks

:D WELL SAID :D

By the way, is iPhone still available in india?

Today I dropped my iPhone accidentally. To my utter surprise, it survived without any scratch. I thing the build quality is really good.

Ya available in chor bazars LOL.. in bangalore National Market.. they have it.. selling for 18k.. one friend told

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

1. If its not A2DP, yes.
2. Yes.
3. Doesn't matter, you get warranty. From Apple at least.
4. No flash. Rest is full.
5. Does it matter? It runs fast enough.
6. No. Bluetooth is only for the headset.
7. Only applications that are available in the AppStore (one tap installs).
8. Pretty good. Lasts for a full day with a lot of music, calling and videos.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

BH-501 is an A2DP headset. But with the iPhone you can only make and receive calls with it and cannot listen to music. Also AFAIK, you cannot download files from Safari on to the iPhone. Only images on the page can be saved.

Also there is still no copy-paste, MMS, SMS forwarding and video recording. And you need to have iTunes installed on your PC. Just letting you know, that's all. :)

Pat

Beyond Smart

BH-501 is an A2DP headset. But with the iPhone you can only make and receive calls with it and cannot listen to music. Also AFAIK, you cannot download files from Safari on to the iPhone. Only images on the page can be saved.

Also there is still no copy-paste, MMS, SMS forwarding and video recording. And you need to have iTunes installed on your PC. Just letting you know, that's all. :)

Everything except copy-paste is possible on a jail-broken iPhone. Just letting you know :)

the.kaushik

I was really excited about the browser.. but no flash! :O I am thinking again..

Guys what about GPS? ANy one using.. how is it compared to Nokia Maps

Pat

Beyond Smart

What do you need flash on a phone for ? There is already an app for youtube! Just asking!

For everyone:
Heres how to create a free itunes store account without any credit card/gift cards. Works for all countries. Enjoy :)

*techwiredau.com/2008/09/grab-a-free-itunes-account-for-any-country/

goobimama

 Macboy

Also AFAIK, you cannot download files from Safari on to the iPhone. Only images on the page can be saved.
But, you can download applications via the AppStore, and Music via the music store. You can also view documents using the Mail application or several of the other App Store file managers.

And iTunes is what makes the iPhone.

Flash? WTF! Why is this a big deal? Youtube vids are recognised and played right there on the youtube player. Besides that there's only the occasional video or animation that one comes across. Flash is old technology for making things on the web look good. CSS and Ajax has taken over now.

Last edited:

the.kaushik

But, you can download applications via the AppStore, and Music via the music store. You can also view documents using the Mail application or several of the other App Store file managers.

And iTunes is what makes the iPhone.

Flash? WTF! Why is this a big deal? Youtube vids are recognised and played right there on the youtube player. Besides that there's only the occasional video or animation that one comes across. Flash is old technology for making things on the web look good. CSS and Ajax has taken over now.

I am not in any argue dude.. I know why flash is required and what for CSS and ajax is required! Still flash rules the web when we talk about dynamic animated content.. Lets not go in that direction.. :)
Can some one tell me about my GPS query in my above post?

What do you need flash on a phone for ? There is already an app for youtube! Just asking!

For everyone:
Heres how to create a free itunes store account without any credit card/gift cards. Works for all countries. Enjoy :)

*techwiredau.com/2008/09/grab-a-free-itunes-account-for-any-country/

Reason i was asking as youtube is not the end! There are hundreds of other video sites and if there is flash support we can access them also.. as i used to do with n95 8gb... anyways while browsing i found that it seems sooner a flash lite version may appear for iphone.. :D

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Flash for iPhone may raise its head, but I wouldn't count on it.

As for GPS, I don't know about the Nokia phones, but it was pretty amazing on the iPhone. Driving around in the car with the tracking thing was fun! And the map keeps up with EDGE, so I'm guessing when 3G comes it will be really fast.

the.kaushik

Flash for iPhone may raise its head, but I wouldn't count on it.

As for GPS, I don't know about the Nokia phones, but it was pretty amazing on the iPhone. Driving around in the car with the tracking thing was fun! And the map keeps up with EDGE, so I'm guessing when 3G comes it will be really fast.

Oh is it.. am eager to see that.. can you tell me one thing about the GPS.. is it the google map or apple own application. And does it have anything like navigation or direction? How long it takes to connect! Just eager to know.. though this don't count..

goobimama

 Macboy

Its the google maps application. The App is made by Apple, the Maps are supplied by Google. It does not support turn by turn directions. And downloading and using Maps is pretty fast even on EDGE (wifi of course is really fast).

Pat

Beyond Smart

AFAIK, its google maps right now. TomTom is going to release their version for iPhone (or they already have ?)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer

GPS in the iPhone is through the Google Maps app. And I don't think there is any turn-by-turn navigation or voice guidance in the iPhone. And as for the Flash, several web sites use it. But then again, if the iPhone lacks it, it must be old or useless, right? :D

Pat

Beyond Smart

GPS in the iPhone is through the Google Maps app. And I don't think there is any turn-by-turn navigation or voice guidance in the iPhone. And as for the Flash, several web sites use it. But then again, if the iPhone lacks it, it must be old or useless, right? :D

You are right! We need flash ads while surfing websites on a phone :grin:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

^^now please not another tool, we must preach apple for some adblocker then

Top Bottom