Official iOS devices thread

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
Re: iPhone3G owners discussion thread

SonyEricsson really spoiled us by giving 'Addictive' headsets with deadly 'earplugs'.

Yeah, thats the problem i am facing with N95 & iPhone.

I use one in-ear headset from Panasonic... dont know the model though. The headset costs me 2k approx.

@goobimama and aryayush, what is new in OS 2.1?

Anything new except the genius playlist in iPod?

Last edited:

oval_man

Journeyman

Anyone using unlocked iPhone with Airtel or Vodafone?

plz share ur experience!

goobimama

 Macboy

Yeah, thats the problem i am facing with N95 & iPhone.

I use one in-ear headset from Panasonic... dont know the model though. The headset costs me 2k approx.

@goobimama and aryayush, what is new in OS 2.1?

Anything new except the genius playlist in iPod?
For one it fixes a lot of bugs. Makes the system faster. Other than that, features wise Genius playlists is its only change. It also features some enhancements in the UI of the iPod section.

Here's a post on the 2.1 software and what changes it brings.

Last edited:
OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Till date two of the games are my favorite:

1. BreakClassic (i am a die-hard fan of the brick games)
2. FreeBee Sudoku... The best among the free flavours of Sudoku

@goobimama... one thing i really like of the 2.1 software... the drastically reduced sync time :)

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Thanks ayush, that is also a nice feature.

I have also installed BiiBall lite and chesspuzzles.

BiiBall is really addictive. However i found controlling through accelometer is a bit tough. Think i need lot of practice :) though.

goobimama

 Macboy

There's a lot of negative talk about the accelerometer being used in iPhone games. Says it makes em difficult. If the games weren't difficult, they wouldn't be fun to play with now would they? Getting the hang of the Accelerometer is just part of the deal with iPhone gaming. And its not like the games are meant for kids, cause they are not the target audience of the iPhone.

(Certain genres like car racing are a bit 'uncontrollable' with the accelerometer, which is why I like the touch controls in Asphalt Elite Racing)

This post was not directed at you, Tanmay.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Is Asphalt worth $9.99? We should wait for NFS, right?

---------------------------

@Tanmay Satpathy,
It used to be even better when you couldn’t control the speed with the accelerometer. Now it is too hard.

goobimama

 Macboy

Asphalt is definitely worth the asking price. NFS does look good, but this game certainly rocks. The graphics are good, and the gameplay is superb. I say we go for it. :)

NFS would kick any other game's arse.Let the baby(monster under the hood) come.

I am waiting for spiderman on iPhone.Touch-screen free roaming would be awesome only if activision in interested.
Is iPhone poweful enough to compete with PSP ?

goobimama

 Macboy

Processing powerwise, I don't think so. By in terms of being an awesome gaming platform, sure!

Awesome gaming platform?No except a few games.We want some better games.Enough of puzzles and solitaire.
Believe me free roaming games like spiderman,GTA would rock iPhone gaming.

goobimama

 Macboy

Well I didn't mean right now. As more games are developed, most people have iPhones, more places have wifi, the iPhone platform is certainly going to be one to look out for.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

No matter how good the games are though, most games just work better on devices with physical buttons.

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Physical button on gaming devices gives a feel of better control compared to touchscreen controls.

However, touchscreen controls along with the accelerometer gives a new dimension to mobile gaming. However it will be a long way for the iPhone to match with the gaming devices like PSP.

Just on question, is iPhone apps got uninstalled by just deleting the icons?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

But they remain in your iTunes library, should you wish to reinstall them later.

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

That means i can uninstall paid apps also... without losing them?

Is there any resources for iPhone ringtones? (website/converter from mp3/wav/midi)?

goobimama

 Macboy

Even if you delete them from your iTunes library, paid apps are linked to your iTunes account, so downloading them again is free unlimited number of times.

Top Bottom