Official iOS devices thread

goobimama

 Macboy
Re: iPhone3G owners discussion thread

^^ Isn't there a search bar on the iPhone contacts?

And if you want some juicy stuff on iTunes, visit check out the iTunes posts on Smoking Apples. ;)

Pat

Beyond Smart

Launch iTunes on your computer and make an account in the Indian iTunes Store. Make sure the Indian version of the store is open and you’re logged in. Sync your iPhone and it’ll change to the Indian store.

Thanks..That did the trick :)

Btw, how much time on an average does it take to sync music to an iPhone ? What speeds are considered normal ?

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Like, smokin’ fast! My 2.38GB collection takes, what, 5-10 minutes when synched the first time. Maybe even less. The backing up, however, can take quite a sizable chunk out of your life. Firmware v2.1, slated to be released today for legitimate users, is supposed to fix that.

Never explored the potential of iTunes before purchasing iPhone. Thought it was just another media player.
See, that’s the idea. They’re hoping that once you’ve tried Apple hardware such as the iPhone and iPod and software such as iTunes and Safari, you’ll want to experience everything the company has to offer. That you’ll then purchase a Mac. And, of course, once you do that, before you know it, you’ll be addicted for life, man. So stay away from good things. ;)

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom

Is there any app that can read(read is enough) Word and Powerpoint files for my Ipod Touch?

superczar

-n00b-

Picked up Cro-Mag for $2
All I can say is probably that money would have been better spent on a Chocolate Mousse at Cafe Coffee day or a Iced coffee at Dunkin' Donuts

superczar

-n00b-

Nah, No DD IN India as yet ....
unfortunately :(
What wouldnt' I do to start my day a Bavaraian Kreme Donut washed down with with their hazelnut coffee when I am in Chennai ... sigh!

@ aryayush, is cro-mag rally a nice game?
Hey, Tanmay..My last post answer your question

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

OK, OK, I get it. Sorry for wasting the money! :p

(Only $2 though.)

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

for the friends wish to view ms-office files grab a copy of Air Shairing. Nice app and the developers are giving it free now.

^^ Isn't there a search bar on the iPhone contacts?

And if you want some juicy stuff on iTunes, visit check out the iTunes posts on Smoking Apples. ;)

Don't know I am such a fool. It's right above the contact list. Thanks dude.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

Yep. Air Sharing is taking the case of every other file manager out there (especially since its free).

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

I hate these developers who release their good apps, that they ought to be paid for, for free and spoil the party for other hard working developers who’ve a similar paid application.

gauravsuneja

macaddict

where to buy unlocked iphone 3g 8gb /16gb online in USA . my friend is coming he is asking for the site where he can buy and take it for me to india . his zip code is 75042 and 75094

goobimama

 Macboy

^^ Okay I've had it with this guy. There's no reasoning nor there is any sense in his posts. For every one ends up being "Where do I get the iPhone?". You can't get the iPhone from the USA dude. How many times does one have to tell you that?

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Today I have purchased another two games :

1. iJezzball (reminds me the Win3.11 times, Jezzball from Microsoft Game Pack)
2. BreakClassic (Similar to DXBall / Brick game with touch controls)

Both games are really addictive. I love such games :)

@ aryayush & goobimama, the smokingapples initiative is really informative.

Enjoyed the file manager shootout. Did you miss AirSharing from the list?

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

The review was written like two weeks before it was published so yes, AirSharing did miss the list. I did mention it in the comments though. Thanks for visiting :)

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

When will we have 'Creative EP630i' in India?

SonyEricsson really spoiled us by giving 'Addictive' headsets with deadly 'earplugs'.

Now,hearing music in ordinary headsets is really 'noisy'.

I'm happy with EP630 but only problem: there is no mic.

Anyone tried EP630i or any other headset for iPhone?

Top Bottom