HP Pavilion G6 2005AX Review and Benchmarks

sh4r4th

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys,:-D Joined thinkdigit because of this awesome review! Plus soon to join the HUGE list of owners of this laptop..! Can you guys suggest the best cooling pad for this laptop? (heard it heats up too much at the top left end or something like that:-?) So I need a cooling pad between 1-2k with a fan in that location. Also, shall I go with Windows 8 or stick to Windows 7 HB for this one? I'm an avid gamer so I don't want old games to have compatibility issues or anything like that. Please help! Gonna be buying this like day after or the day after that! :razz: Thanks in advance! Cheers! :smile:

diagus

Journeyman
Re: HP Pavilion G6 Review and Benchmarks

is this your blog or have you also written there [Full Review] HP Pavilion G6 2005ax – My New Laptop ~ Electronic Gurudev

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Can you name the software which you used for the benchmark tests..:oops:

only the software and not the games..

nimitkhurana

Right off the assembly line
HI All,
I just bought this model and after some careful observation found that there is something wrong with the display. I can see pixels if I tilt the screen away from me and its very irritating. Its like sand grains, from a distance it feels like a plain sheet but when you go closer you can see the grains. I bought the laptop on 28th received it on 2nd evening and lodged a complain on 12 of this month and since then I have been running around without any results.

Did anyone of you had the similar issue?

Regards
Nimit

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
if you keep the "overlay" option on, then a lot. it can cause games to drop framerates by half. you want to check FPS? try the benchmark tool that writes data to a .txt file.

how do you close the overlay option??

Guys, i wanted some help from fellow G6 2005AX owners , so i am posting the same thing i posted on laptop Sub section.

I had given my motherboard for repairs. So when i got my laptop back, there is no Dedicated Graphics

*i.imgur.com/8QJmL43.jpg

I am running Catalyst Verion 14.9 and AMD Catalyst Suite version 14.301.1001

Can others confirm that i got the correct motherboard???

Last edited:

Ronnie012

Earthling
Guys, i wanted some help from fellow G6 2005AX owners , so i am posting the same thing i posted on laptop Sub section.

I had given my motherboard for repairs. So when i got my laptop back, there is no Dedicated Graphics

*i.imgur.com/8QJmL43.jpg

I am running Catalyst Verion 14.9 and AMD Catalyst Suite version 14.301.1001

Can others confirm that i got the correct motherboard???

I checked mine(hpg6 2005ax) and it is showing as crossfire disabled whereas in yours it is not showing. My driver version is 14.1

I checked mine(hpg6 2005ax) and it is showing as crossfire disabled whereas in yours it is not showing. My driver version is 14.1

My laptop's motherboard version in inferior. Apparently HP dont have the spare motherboard of the original G6 2005ax, since it got discontinued 2 yrs ago. It seems we Indians simply dont like AMD, more so the shitty A6/A8 laptop ones.
Anyways, i had no choice. Either live with the inferior motherboard (without 7670M) or dont have a laptop at all.

akbsol

Broken In
My laptop's motherboard version in inferior. Apparently HP dont have the spare motherboard of the original G6 2005ax, since it got discontinued 2 yrs ago. It seems we Indians simply dont like AMD, more so the shitty A6/A8 laptop ones.
Anyways, i had no choice. Either live with the inferior motherboard (without 7670M) or dont have a laptop at all.

I have recently replaced my MB. I couldn't find one with graphics anywhere in the market but found a avenue to purchase one online. If you are still looking for it, feel free to contact me.

ankitj1611

Journeyman
Is someone playing GTA V in this laptop??
I have same config laptop with some additional things.My laptop is HP Pavilion G6 2010ax

Ronnie012

Earthling

Have you tried contacting other HP service centres in other cities across India? Or online as suggested by Mr. @ akbsol?

Top Bottom