HP Pavilion G6 2005AX Review and Benchmarks

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
Have anybody played HD games with cooling pad ? What are the temps then ? Only heat during games dont let me buy HP G6 2005AX.

aakash.mukherjee

Right off the assembly line
Re: HP Pavilion G6 Review and Benchmarks

You are welcome akbsol! Appreciate the comments!

Thank You sam! Couldn't resist with the pics especially the Heaven benchmark! Looks too good :)

Say that is a nifty app - Battery Eater - will be sure to try it out tomorrow and post the results here.

I removed Norton Internet Security that came with the Laptop and installed Microsoft Security Essentials. Norton was too annoying with many pop ups.

Another small fact about this laptop is that it has no lights for Num lock. Slightly annoying when you type on the numpad and no numbers appear!

A nifty feature is with the Wifi Button (which is on F12 key) - it glows orange when its off and white when on - the status light is on the button itself and not on a seperate status light row, come to think of it this laptop does not have a row for status lights like some other laptops (I remember the K53 had a row near the touchpad)

When turned off
*i.imgur.com/xcpF7.jpg

When turned on
*i.imgur.com/d8ppn.jpg

To-Do List

* Get latest games like BF3 and Crysis 2 and benchmark them
* Call HP regarding extended warranty
* Revisit 3d Mark after AMD releases new drivers - my processor and Graphics card was marked as unrecognized by 3dmark
* I'm missing win 7 ultimate as I was using it for past years on my desktop
* I'll be looking at a clean install of ultimate some months down the line, when I'm bored of home basic (miss the transparency effects). But I'm wondering how to install some of the useful hp apps (auto system updater etc) after a clean install
* Put another 4gb RAM alongside the stock one and test the performance
* and of course the battery eater test requested by Sam

EDIT: oops Forgot to mention the laptop model no. in the thread title; Can mods edit it to "HP Pavilion G6 2005AX Review and Benchmarks". Thanks a ton!

Hey I recently gt the 2005ax now i am having little problems...
When I first ran gta4 for the first time in this machine it was lagging a little.....(Dual graphics were probably enabled and cpu was clocked at 1900mhz not more)
I dont know whether this was due to the graphics or ram or processor...Anyway please tell me how to disable 7640g? I tried my best but all i cud do was only disable the 7670m but not the 7640g (in amd vision software).....I only want 7670m to run and not 7640g...shud I disable {7670m+7640g dual graphics} in device mangaer or there is any other way....pls help

regards,
aakash

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Remember that there is no clear way to select 7670M directly. So all i did was turn dual GPU off and set the game to high performance mode. Looking at the performance i am sure 7670M kicked in switching off the integrated HD 7640G.
*i.imgur.com/qd2UN.jpg

AMD Trinity (Mobile) performance analysis

aakash.mukherjee

AMD Trinity (Mobile) performance analysis

hey thnx....dis ws helpful indeed....1 last thing!
in HWiNFO64 & amd system monitor software, the 7670m display adapter is coming under max clock (core) speed of 300mhz....I saw 7670m clock speed as 600mhz and memory 900mhz before buying 2005ax in notebookcheck.com & many other sites.....so is this happening to you also? pls let me know & a solution would be greatly helpful...

regards,
aakash

Bough this laptop a week ago ... and really impressed and amazed by the performance of this product. On normal work was able to get around 4hrs+ of battery life, could have got more but decided to plug in while around 28% batter still was left.

updated the driver to 12.8 .. and got graphics WEI of 6.6 on both gaming and desktop graphics while crossfire was enabled ... so haven't tried turning it off ..

ran a single thread cpu intensive program ... that allowed me to test the turbo core functionality ... the core did reached 2.8Ghz ...

links to the result .. (sorry cudn't get one for battery)

*www.dropbox.com/s/tr70dniy7v5lygw/cpuz-max cpu.png?m

*www.dropbox.com/s/uezvzuh6j2mz7uw/wei.png?m

and just to clarify one thing ... i found some people telling about different HDs like toshiba ... i too have toshiba installed thats why my disk wei is 5.5 ... i check it with HP and they told that on models after 25 july ... they installed toshiba HDDs ... with one major difference .... those models have 1.5 GB Hypermemory + 1 GB dedicated memory for 7670HD and regular 512 shared for APU .. earlier it was 512 APU + 1GB dedicated 7670HD + 512 Hypememory 7670HD

ariv

hey i am looking for laptop arnd 35k but for me i need laptop with better life so want to know that is amda8 is better than i5 3rd generation in performance and in life

i play game but not that much addicted but watch movie do surfing

if u think if there is any new entrance in market than due tell

duke123

In the zone
hey i am looking for laptop arnd 35k but for me i need laptop with better life so want to know that is amda8 is better than i5 3rd generation in performance and in life

i play game but not that much addicted but watch movie do surfing

if u think if there is any new entrance in market than due tell

:lol:there is nothing like AMD has inferior life and intel has better life...performance wise A8 4500M is less than i5 but its more than sufficient for daily usage also cheap compared with intel...and if you are worried about life:shock: get the three year extended warranty for 1700₹ ...i have got the warranty extension approved...:razz:

lastname

Thanks for a terrific review. I have been considering grabbing this one for a couple of weeks now. You've helped convince me now.

A couple of minutes later: And, of course, flipkart has promptly jacked up the price (compared to what it was a week ago) and no longer offers the free cooling pad. Why does this always happen to me? :-(

Abhishek Nama

Journeyman
A couple of minutes later: And, of course, flipkart has promptly jacked up the price (compared to what it was a week ago) and no longer offers the free cooling pad. Why does this always happen to me? :-(

I think you should strike a deal with a local retailer. Ask him for freebie's or a good discount. But locally you can get it cheaper.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks for a terrific review. I have been considering grabbing this one for a couple of weeks now. You've helped convince me now.

when FK was selling the laptop for 33.8k, a friend of mine got it for 32.4k without any free gift. Of course bargain may have bought the price down to 32k and a cooling pad will cost 1k so still saving around 500 bucks. Buy locally, will be lot cheaper.

jasku

In the zone
Fantastic review, I am considering this for my fiance, her requirements are daily use, browsing, videos, office. I initially had shortlisted the E-1800 which is extremely portable, she wasnt too enthused with the 11.6' scree, then I glanced upon this model, and thought it would be a decent backup to my desktop. My gaming requirement is secondary.

Anyways, enough rambling, so how portable is the laptop, I know the weight says around 2.3Kg, so how convenient is it to carry it around?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
with the backpack, easy to carry but without it one will really feel the weight. And it weights around 2.5-2.6Kg + charger weight. if it to be carried around why not check the Asus U32U-RX012D. Other than gaming and serious multitasking it can do most of the work.

jasku

In the zone
with the backpack, easy to carry but without it one will really feel the weight. And it weights around 2.5-2.6Kg + charger weight. if it to be carried around why not check the Asus U32U-RX012D. Other than gaming and serious multitasking it can do most of the work.

Thanks for the response Sam, I was wondering how much superior the E-1800 actually is to the E-450, apart from the obvious 300mhz clock speed, would there be a noticeable difference for daily use activities?

Also, how does a intel dual core stack up against the AMD fusion based processors?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
both are almost same. E2-1800 will add support for USB 3.0 and slightly higher clock but performance wise E450 and E2-1800 will be almost same as both are aimed at low power computing. such small clockspeed increase won't bring any noticeable performance improvement.

(2nd gen) Dual Core will be around 2 times better than any E series processor.

@games goblin .. i bought this laptop 2 days back... i lost my drivers cd ..i download drivers thru internet ...bt while opening the device manager ...i have question marks under section OTHER DEVICES...!!!
can u help me out ...wid the proper info ??

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Thanks for the response Sam, I was wondering how much superior the E-1800 actually is to the E-450, apart from the obvious 300mhz clock speed, would there be a noticeable difference for daily use activities?

Also, how does a intel dual core stack up against the AMD fusion based processors?

where's the 300 mhz diff? it's 50 mhz. no noticable diff in performance in daily activities between the 2 AMD's.

The E2-1800 belongs to the Brazos 2.0 platform and replaced E-450, It bumps up E-450 clock by 50 MHz and comes with a better graphics.E2-1800 will consume lower power and will come with USB 3.0 Support.

Graphics-
e2-1800 has Radeon HD 7340 523 MHz, 680 MHz turbo where as e-450 has HD 6320, base clock 508 MHz, Turbo 600 Mhz

compared to intel, AMD beats it in graphics, intel beats it in processor performance. For general usage you wont notice the difference in performance, like surfing etc.

Top Bottom