HP Pavilion G6 2005AX Review and Benchmarks

xdruchir

Right off the assembly line
Bought this lappy day before n it works like a charm..

Could any one help me with switching on the integrated webcam?

When I open youcam it asks me to turn on the integrated webcam, and i found nothing that could help me..

Also are there any drivers that i need to installed for the same?

Any kind of help is really appreciated.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
anyone who wants to view the 3dmark11 score of 7670m alone it is
p1234
graphics - 1153

you can view my benchmark here

Trinity Devastator Lite Mobile video card benchmark result - AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics,Hewlett-Packard 184A score: P1234 3DMarks

the test was done using amd official beta 12.7

the crossfire dual gpu score with stock hp drivers
p1668
graphics - 1725

Trinity Devastator Lite Mobile video card benchmark result - AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics,Hewlett-Packard 184A score: P1668 3DMarks

crossfire dual gpu score with 12.7 drivers
p1689
graphics - 1751

Trinity Devastator Lite Mobile video card benchmark result - AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics,Hewlett-Packard 184A score: P1689 3DMarks

aakash and games goblin bro you can add the screenshots of above links in your review..

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
@ shar_yogi
bro if cooling pad is used then how the Temp will be ?
Can i play mafia2 on it under medium settings. Is that heat is something to worry about.

far

Keep Going!
Guys !!
Lets do any 2005AX discussion on on the offical owners club :)

2005AX Proud Owners Club

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ moving post won't work so created a new discussion thread:HP G6 2005AX (powered by Trinity) Discussion Thread. Post there :)

the other one will be removed.

softhunterdevil

Journeyman
Thanks Games Goblin, your nice review has helped me to finally order the laptop on snapdeal. Hope they deliver on time. Thanks a lot.

sumit269

Broken In
Hi,
Can you please confirm if this would run Designing softwares like AutoCAD and 3DS MAX smoothly??

Your review is making me recommend this to a friend for such tasks and i dont want to go wrong with the advice else gaali padegi hamesha.

bhavukful

please please please help!!!!
i am confused b/w two laptops HP Pavilion G6 2005AX and HP Pavilion g6-2008TX (flipkart link: HP Pavilion g6-2008TX Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook)
please tell me which has better processor and which has better graphic card.
please reply fast as i don't have much time .
thanks.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ok looks like we all missed this laptop. Both will perform almost same and the one provided by you may offer a few FPS more in some games but more or less, as GPU is same and the resolution is nothing to brag about the processor will never be stretched so as to show which one is superior in games. So its your pick.

bankrupt

bought dis laptop....awesum xperience...smooth gameplay...m goin 2 try playin elders scroll and battlefield 3 2day.. den will let u 9... heating is moderate...nd can b minimised by placin d lappy on a buk... lyk m doin nw..:lol: i bot it 4 32300 4m emall kolkata nd gt a mouse,4 gb pndrv n a hdphn free... the bag wich i got ws black in clr with bluish grey borders... luvd it...:)

vinayty

Hi, I upgraded the laptop to Windows 7 Professional and bluetooth and USB 3.0 aren't working.
I saved the SWsetup folder from Home Basic and pasted it back after installing professional.
I then ran the driver check on the HP website and found all drivers in place.But still my bluetooth isn't working and the the USB 3.0 ports work like they are 1.0.

Please help me in this regard.

Vinay

vvaisakh2006

@ Any1

I am going to purachase this laptop via Flipkart.. So I would like to know more about the Cooling Pad they are providing for free..? Is that a good cooling pad??I think Game Goblin can give me a reply for this.. Eagerly waiting for your reply guys..

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
guys if I ask the shopkeeper to make 4 partitions of the HDD , then the pre installed OS will b lost. how can get it back ?do I need to buy the original OS?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
when my friend bought the laptop the shopkeeper portioned the drive into 2-3 drives excluding the backup drive. OS won't be lost.

do2blehelix

Broken In
hey guys,
i just got this laptop some weeks ago...
thanks for the wonderful review....

just that i had a query...about the hard disk in this laptop.

i was supplied with a toshiba hard disk in the laptop
.....which gives transfer speeds from one partition to another around 11Mbps which is unexpected!. It starts around 30-35 and then falls.

for copying to and from a usb drive it averages speeds around 20Mbps !

i was hoping if somebody could provide benchmarks for the same and let me know if that is normal or do i have to get a replacement !!

thanks in advance. :)

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,I have recommended this laptop to my close buddy...the only thing we are skeptical about-Is amd as good as intel as far as reliability goes...??I asked a person from a hp service,he told me"laptops powered by amd proccy are a headache in the long run...any insight on this...??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Is amd as good as intel as far as reliability goes...??

explain this part. Are you concerned about APU failing in a few years time?

I asked a person from a hp service,he told me"laptops powered by amd proccy are a headache in the long run...any insight on this...??

they have no idea what they are saying. But maybe he is true. Any AMD processor launched before A series (or E/C) were slow and heats up. Now that is history and current AMD processors are fast (compared to Intel based laptop at same price) and runs cool.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Guys,I have recommended this laptop to my close buddy...the only thing we are skeptical about-Is amd as good as intel as far as reliability goes...??I asked a person from a hp service,he told me"laptops powered by amd proccy are a headache in the long run...any insight on this...??

can we please get over this myth. My bro has a 5 year old HP AMD laptop, it runs fine. If you are worried get the 3 year warranty. Don't worry.

nikku_hot123

In the zone
hi.. There are so many drivers are there on HP Site for this
laptop, but i am not able to install all the drivers like broadcom or ralink drivers.
Wifi drivers are not getting installed. i think its having atheros chip not broadcom or ralink. Please help..

Last edited:
Top Bottom