Here's Why Moto G will have a tough time being super hit in Indian market

ankush28

Bazinga
Dont compare those desi craps with moto g -_-
Wth anyone will do with Octacore processor in phone??
That is the biggest question !!! Anyone who is little bit aware of tech will chose moto g/XL over those desi craps and samshits.

Best things I liked in Moto G which you will not find in others are.
>CG3 best in class screen
>No bloatwares~Stock vanilla android=The fastest & newest android OS 4.4 others may get 4.3 at MAX
>Google phone~no tension for updates
>Looks :D
>Size - I can use it with one hand (like my SGY :p), Not like those giant phones who give strain to hands when using for long time.(plastic bricks :lol: )
>Look at the XDA forum of Moto G lots of modding stuffs are available withing month of launch, those desi crapos won't even get a dedicated forum(or even a thread)

Octacore is just another way of hacking minds of Indian consumer :')

4G again "no point at all"...
Person who buys a sub 15K phone will rarey opt for 4G... (Even 3g is questionable in many case :lol: )

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Dont compare those desi craps with moto g -_-
Wth anyone will do with Octacore processor in phone??
That is the biggest question !!! Anyone who is little bit aware of tech will chose moto g/XL over those desi craps and samshits.

looks like You haven't read the Article completely
I agree with you those who are aware of tech will choose xperia L over chinese crap
but wait a minute when it comes to performance the ocatcore actually beats Moto G with a good margin

Let's diregard it as octac core and see how it Performs as a quad core

1) Its 0.5-0.0.8 ghz faster than moto G ( thats 40-50 % faster Cpu right there )
2) And secondly the Gpu is Fatser than Moto G adreno 305 by 50 % ( not a small difference )

there are other problems with chinese like bad OS , AAS but don't say that moto G is actually equal to octa core

you ask what will a person do with OCTA core ?
i ask you if at the same or slightly higher price i am getting Much faster quad core with 4 extra cores isn't that good or will you intentionally choose a Weaker Cpu at the same price if other things being constant(brand,screen,AAS etc ) .. i'll glaldly buy a 1000 core phone if it's 4 cores are much more powerful than the compared quad core if it comes at the same price even though no body can use 1000 cores but hey at the end of the day it will be a much faster quad core ..

Best things I liked in Moto G which you will not find in others are.
>CG3 best in class screen
>No bloatwares~Stock vanilla android=The fastest & newest android OS 4.4 others may get 4.3 at MAX
>Google phone~no tension for updates
>Looks :D
>Size - I can use it with one hand (like my SGY :p), Not like those giant phones who give strain to hands when using for long time.(plastic bricks :lol: )
>Look at the XDA forum of Moto G lots of modding stuffs are available withing month of launch, those desi crapos won't even get a dedicated forum(or even a thread)

i agree with you and i have mentioned the same things in the article .. IF you are going for The XDA Route then whatever the OS comes with doesn't matter since in phones like Xperia L/M have a good community over there that ensures you can get the stock vanilla lots of mods etc.. I have Highlighted the Branded mobiles in bold for this reason only because i am not comparing chinese **** to moto G i am comparing upcoming models like xperia X/L refresh versions , Lg D412 ,Samsung win PRo , to Moto G .. They all get good Modding Community over XDA

Octacore is just another way of hacking minds of Indian consumer :')

Same way as Quadcore is just a way of hacking minds ... not even 0.1 % of the apps use quad core majority are dual cores including HD games
4G again "no point at all"...
Person who buys a sub 15K phone will rarey opt for 4G... (Even 3g is questionable in many case :lol: )

Again if i am getting 4G at the same Price why not ... heck i'll take 6G , 7G , if i can get at the same price as a 3g one if other things are constant.. whether it's usable or not is irrelevant , i won't go out and look for a 6g phone but if it comes to me without paying extra and no loss in performance or other things( brand , ASS , Screen ,OS)etc as compared.to the 3g one why not ?
The more the merrier . and besides the upgraded version of moto G will be 4g so will you go out and say no to that and buy this version of moto G which is 3g ? i bought N73 when 3g was unheard of in india and i didn't even knew what 3g was back then... but after 2 years i was able to use it and can still use it as a modem sometimes as a spare phone when needed in emergency... that's what future proofing means ..

Last edited:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
3g is cheap these days and anyone can afford it. I use the aircel plan of 130 rs offering 1.25 gb for a month. What else is needed

Hrishi

@Rish , The reason why I am not considering high-end gaming in this aspect of entry level smartphone range is because most people won't be playing those high-end games.
As a matter of fact , majority of high-end games are paid , and do you really think someone who buys micromax will buy games that cost 4-5$ ?? Maybe , or maybe not.

IMO , an entry level smartphone should be responsible for providing a smooth and optimized smartphone experience instead of pushing the high-end games to its limit.
What's the point in getting a smartphone that can play Asphalt 8 without lag but still sucks at calling and quality , UI ? Overheating ?
The point of having a community wide device is to address common problems in the devices and eliminate it to the very extent possible.

There are high-end devices with huge potential and heavy raw power for number crunching but some of them suck at it , despite of raw power , because of some issues that render day to day operations flawed.

There is no doubt that after the entry of Kitkat the low end devices too can run stuff not possible on JB. But again , a device which has wide support from it's community will trump a chinese crap.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
@Rish , The reason why I am not considering high-end gaming in this aspect of entry level smartphone range is because most people won't be playing those high-end games.
As a matter of fact , majority of high-end games are paid , and do you really think someone who buys micromax will buy games that cost 4-5$ ?? Maybe , or maybe not.

IMO , an entry level smartphone should be responsible for providing a smooth and optimized smartphone experience instead of pushing the high-end games to its limit.
What's the point in getting a smartphone that can play Asphalt 8 without lag but still sucks at calling and quality , UI ? Overheating ?
The point of having a community wide device is to address common problems in the devices and eliminate it to the very extent possible.

There are high-end devices with huge potential and heavy raw power for number crunching but some of them suck at it , despite of raw power , because of some issues that render day to day operations flawed.

There is no doubt that after the entry of Kitkat the low end devices too can run stuff not possible on JB. But again , a device which has wide support from it's community will trump a chinese crap.

+1.:)

ankush28

Bazinga

I second this:D
Nice explaination :)
I would like to "LIKE" this post

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

:+1:

Some of my batchmates have Galaxy S3, S4 and Xperia Z and even they install pirated apps.

Hrishi

:+1:

Some of my batchmates have Galaxy S3, S4 and Xperia Z and even they install pirated apps.

Getting the payment accepted through Debit card is PITA for Playstore. So it's not just most of us don't buy it but also that majority of us don't use or own CC.

OP
R

rish1

Cyborg Agent

I 100 % agree with you Completely bro no doubt

but at 15-16k do you think that's low end ? i would call it a mid end device .. under 10k is what is low end . Let's get this fact straight ahead hardly even 10 % population buys apps and games . all use pirated apps

even then bro games like asphalt 8, riptide gp 2 , dead trigger 2, shadowgun these are all free games .. the gaming community has moved on from paid games to freemium model because of piracy .. and in future mostly all games will be free to play and will have in app purchases.. that brings more revenue for developers .. i remember not too long ago the first question that everyone use to ask regarding smartphone was
hey can it run temple run or subway surfer ? when it used to lag in devices costing less than 11-12k .. and these games are played by everyone from year kids to 40 years old..

Bro i don't think devices like xperia M/L , sucks at calling quality , UI , overheating .. they are good enough to provide basic experience ofcourse few bugs are always there but that's with every phone even nexus 5. Sure they might not give vanilla android experience but they definitely don't suck .

once again i am not comparing moto G with chinese Only i am comparing it with the upcoming branded phones and hence marked in bold . a person who want's to buy chinese crap will buy it he is out of the picture ..

Bro how many do you think people go to xda and download roms and mods ? the number is very less maybe 0.1 % even those who play high end games are larger than that .

hmm.. all i am saying is Moto G is an awesome Device no doubt but it won't be like lumia 520 was a killer Seller where there was literally no competition and lumia 520 has become a huge huge success because the competition was crushed badly , with moto G the competition from Xperia m/Xperia L refresh models, Galaxy Win Pro , Lg D412, Lumia 625, lumia 725 it won't be a piece of cake or as easy as it seems as everyone is expecting like it's the holy Grail device .. that what differentiates from hit and being super hit

Btw Nice to have a great discussion

Last edited:

Hrishi

@Rish
Bro I don't think devices like xperia M/L , sucks at calling quality , UI , overheating .. they are good enough to provide basic experience ofcourse few bugs are always there but that's with every phone even nexus 5. Sure they might not give vanilla android experience but they definitely don't suck .
I was talking about devices that are not built under standard guidelines , i.e. those chinese craps which people here usually buy. They always come up with huge array of problems. With no community support or anything else to get these bugs solved , but those who have good community support stand a chance to have these issues addressed and patches released in time.

Your point about Moto G not getting popular may probably come true , no denying in that.

Top Bottom