GTA IV Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

quan chi

mortal kombat
URGENT HELP REQUIRED.

guys while modding i mistakeably deleted the NON MODDED ORIGINAL VISUAL SETTINGS(DAT FILE) FILE.

now the game dosent start please can anyone upload it for me.

you will find it in c:\ rockstar games\gta4\common\data\visual settings.

please do help.

Last edited:

Who

Guess Who's Back
Yeah upgrading RAM will make things lot faster & smoother , you see GTA IV requires minimum of 2 GB ram , so 1 GB is very low , let me put it for you if you buy the best CPU & GPU out there with 1 GB ram GTA IV will be still very slow , so i advise to upgrade your ram to 2 GB atleast , also ram is pretty cheap these days.

anispace

dattebayo
Finished the game on sunday:(..... the ending was a letdown though. It seemed abrupt. Bulgarin somehow disappeared from the storyline. I would be really pissed if the storyline continued in the X360 episodes.

Anyone know if the X360, GTA4 episodic content is exclusive forever or only for 6-12 months or something like that. But anyways I dont think Rockstar would release GTA4 episodes for PC:cry:

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I thought the storyline was perfect. The end was filled with total desire for Niko's revenge (Revenge ending). That drove him & Jacob towards hunting down Pegorino & delivering what he truly deserved, Death. The chapter was named accordingly, so you should have seen this coming. I loved the way Niko was so passionate about Kate & after her death he felt a great sense of anger. He wanted to wipe the slate clean after finishing off Dimitri but Pegorino had to push him. This could have only led to one ending & that is what the game delivered. Had it gone any other way with Niko forgiving him & stuff like that then that would have really made me want to kill somebody.

I loved the way character development had taken place in this game. Each incident had some sort of effect on the protagonist. The ending of the game was to finally end things the way Niko had borne all that he had done throughout the game. I wish Pegorino had put up some sort of fight on Hope Island instead of just hiding behind a tree but then again atleast he didn't jump in the water. :D

As for the DLC for GTA IV, Lost & Damned, it's an exclusive 360 download. MS has paid sh*t load of money for it. We won't be seeing it on the PC anytime soon. Also none of the current storyline is linked with it in anyway. It's a new beginning but the same city. ;)

anispace

dattebayo
yup the storyline was perfect... i never said it wasnt. But just that the ending could have been better. Bulgarin totally dissapeared from the game and he was the main reason Niko came to Liberty. They could have atleast let Niko kill him or something.

But overall a really great game. Worth every rupee I spent buying it. And to top it all I played this on my 3.5yr old HP Pavilion.(P4 with 1.25GB RAM and Geforce 8400GS):)

Never got anything above 20FPS at 1024*768 res:|, but still very much playable.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
hi guys
my query is regarding the GTAIV (original disk) installation
i bought GTAIV yesterday....during installation there were some crc errors (i think 4) i just ignored it and continued with installation the instal was complete...
but the folder showed up 14.9gb space aquired on disk but on box it is written 16gb minimum space im confused.....is 14.9gb full installed or im missing some thing help me out guys....

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I am on the mission "Hung out to dry"..
I just started the game yesterday night and its really awesome..

I play the game with a 7600GT and even with that too, the graphics look awesome.

Last edited:

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
Please can someone upload this folder. i deleted it by mistake.

D:\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\common\shaders\win32_30_nv7

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Guys,seems bit OFFTOPIC but i have to ask it. The game just gives an playable FPS at an average of 14 with my current setup (P4 3.06GHz,2GB,7600GT,at lowest settings :D).But sometimes it went down to 4-5 FPS(especially at the foggy time and rainy effects) which is unplayable.Its really frustrating. If i change the gfx card to an 8600GT, will it give a playable FPS of 20-30 at lowest settings or i have to change both proccy and GFX?
I am on shoe string budget and have some 3k in hand.Thats the reason i chose 8600GT.
Please help me out guys.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
P4 + 8600GT = Bottleneck

Though you will get some 8-9FPS more...so buy the card right now and upgrade the proccy later :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom