GTA IV Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hmm.. The Answer seems what i expected. OK. Anyhow i'll buy the 8600GT now and will upgrade the procy a month later..
Anyway, i just now finish the first mission with Little Jacob(Sneaking at the upstairs and shoot those *******s). I found only less time to play games and i just finish two missions per day. I think i'll finish the game before the new year :D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Just now finished the mission "Rigged to Blow".Man, the explosion effects were awesome. I am getting fully involved with the game.

RMN

In the zone
@raj...yeah dude i was really impressed with that.

btw for PC users...and Update patch is available now,few bugs fixed and few more Graphic settings available.
except for texture and one more option i put everything high on my HD4850 and was pretty smooth except that when i move around the camera with the mouse there is a little skip in FPS...i should try with Vsync off!

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
i am using a *cough* version, will that affect it and wat abt my saves on updating with newest patch out on jan 24

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^No idea about your saves but I heard that using the pirated version might give you the 'drunken cam' :|.

BTW, why did you pirate it ? The game is dirt cheap and its worth it... IMO its worth more!

RMN

In the zone
i am using a *cough* version, will that affect it and wat abt my saves on updating with newest patch out on jan 24

im using the *cough* version...except for crashes(which are present in the genuine ver too) i have no probs.
im using the latest patch too.
but if you don't have the *cough* version yet id advice you too get the original(since its really cheap and worth it)...can save you loads of time with installation etc.

quan chi

mortal kombat
i repeat.

guys while modding i mistakeably deleted the NON MODDED ORIGINAL VISUAL SETTINGS(DAT FILE) FILE.

now the game dosent start please can anyone upload it for me.

you will find it in c:\ rockstar games\gta4\common\data\visual settings.

please do help.

ajaybc

Youngling
^^what The Fu*k???

[Mod edit: @quan chi, this was for a spam post from above that got deleted.]

Last edited by a moderator:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Just finished the Mission "Blow Your Cover" and the new city is just awesome.
I spend most of times in TW@ to check mails from Brucie about the cars he needed. And esp the spam mails and mail sent by Roman.They were interesting.
I just put a hold for missions and start roaming around the city.Its really interesting.

Playing the game w/o cheat is really painful.
I finish the Blow ur cover mission after 11 attempts as at each attempt i ran out of bullets or health.:D
Ebenthough, i dont use cheat till now...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Why would one need cheats in the first place? It takes away most of the fun that is present in completing the main storyline. Some missions are just frustrating but after a few attempts you learn the tricks to complete it. Before starting any mission, be sure to stop by at the weapons shop. You can buy all the ammo & armour you would need. I had around 6 RPG's loaded for the last mission & rest of them pumped to the max ammo. Took a few agonising tries but completed it.

If you're still not able to complete any mission, you could use the trainers which are available on the internet.

tiger_ziper

Right off the assembly line
Please can someone send the file.....it doesnt work
the files of

F:\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\pc\data\maps\jersey\nj_04e

..thanx

ajaybc

Youngling
Just finished the Mission "Blow Your Cover" and the new city is just awesome.
I spend most of times in TW@ to check mails from Brucie about the cars he needed. And esp the spam mails and mail sent by Roman.They were interesting.
I just put a hold for missions and start roaming around the city.Its really interesting.

Playing the game w/o cheat is really painful.
I finish the Blow ur cover mission after 11 attempts as at each attempt i ran out of bullets or health.:D
Ebenthough, i dont use cheat till now...

GTA 4 is the eqasiest game in the GTA series.I dunno why u prefer to use cheats.
Try improving your relation ship with Little Jacob.He will supply you with armour and weapons for cheap.Always call him before doing a tough mission and buy armour and truckloads of ammo.Though I haven't tried it call Kiki Jenkins when you are pursued by the cops.She will get rid of them.Also if your mission is to attack and destroy some place,then before going and attacking get to good sniping position near the target and snipe as many as u can.
And even after trying all this if you are not successful on a mission use some walkthroughs like this : *www.mahalo.com/Grand_Theft_Auto_4_Walkthrough

It helped me complete the last mission which was very tough.Showed me a shortcut.

Yes Mahalo rockz. I prefer this site for any walkout. Completed the game twice. 2nd time i made different choices to play all the missions. But without CHEATS. I hate cheats coz they spoil the fun of the game.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Man, i said that playing games w/o cheat is painful. Though, i am still playing it w/o any cheat till now.
Cause i hate of using cheats in games , as it takes out most of the fun as Ethan_Hunt says.
Even i complete the mission "Deconstruction for Beginners" after seven attempts as i am not so good in shooting using covers. Anyhow i learned from all those mistakes and finish ir at my eight attempt, w/o any cheat.
I am just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom