GTA Heaven

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
@sunil Man i'm struggling to play at 800x600 with nvidia 250 and u r with onboard:-D:rofl: many times game gives blue screen of death and temperature remains above 70'c.

it is not sunil it is sonil..........and i am playing it very well on onboard graphics with some patching but not getting full perfmnce

Alok

Adventurer
Use commandline for
1. Turn off vsync
2. Lower resolution
3. Availablevidmem 2.0
4. No memrestrictions
5. view distance 0

6. detail distance 0

For ur resolution use -width 640 -height 480

So r u familiar with commandline or i need to explain??

Last edited:

Alok

Adventurer
Ok wait a min.

Make a commandline.txt in your gta4 directory.
Then just copy and paste things below and save::==>

-availablevidmem 2.0 -width 640 -height 480 -nomemrestriction -norestrictions -viewdistance 0 -detaildistance 0 -novblank -noprecache -fullscreen -safemode

Ok now time to try game

Last edited:

Blue Ripazah

THE CHOSEN ONE
thnx its running on a better speed .........i think i can play it for a while thani ll upgrade my pc with a graphic card ........which one shud i go for 5670 1 gb ddr5 pr 6670 1 gb ddr5

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh boy I was having nightmares running it on decent resolution on my 5770. and you are talking about 5670. :) Get a better one.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, I played GTA 3 Liberty City on my Pen 4, with pretty good graphics. So I was expecting that GTA 4 should have run fine!
Anyway, looks like I was wrong!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well, I played GTA 3 Liberty City on my Pen 4, with pretty good graphics. So I was expecting that GTA 4 should have run fine!
Anyway, looks like I was wrong!

GTA 3 was actually very good. It runs even more smooth once you "Disable" trails.

GTA IV is one of the best games ever I played. But one of the best games ever is one of the most unoptimised games EVER.

Anyways I did manage to run GTA 4 in my old P4 PC(OC to 2.4 GHz).
IT ran at 20 FPS and yes I finished the game like that :D One hell of a good game. Great storyline.
Secret to running- 9500 GT 1 GB :wink:

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
thnx its running on a better speed .........i think i can play it for a while thani ll upgrade my pc with a graphic card ........which one shud i go for 5670 1 gb ddr5 pr 6670 1 gb ddr5

sunil, get the 6670. that with a decent dual core CPU can run the game at higher res & high textures @ min of 30fps

till then dont bother playin GTA4

instead play GTA SA :p

Top Bottom