Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

admn_head

Broken In
@ratul, thanx man for the reply... n u purchased pro version or used kms n upgraded with media center ... :p ?

whats ur view regarding partitioning .. does making a partition improve performance n in long run may be hdd life .. ? actually i have faced hdd problem while partitioning on my old pc n hence asking for it.. i don't want hdd to be problematic just in order to get extra partition..

chinmay.

Right off the assembly line
yup.. :agreed:
btw chinmay, what results you are getting in GTA 4 Benchmarks, see my results and compare.. (pics in spoiler)
if you are getting close to this fps, then it's 7730m..
*i.imgur.com/mB4mw.jpg*i.imgur.com/5F1h9.jpg*i.imgur.com/nnlFx.jpg

thankyou for reply.
Actually I'm not getting those fps I'm getting around 40fps but mine is 719/2049 as oppose to yours 621/2049.so I guess its okay i.e. using 7730m.But there is tremendous lag at each and every turn.Are you lag free?
Even with such good graphics card why is it causing problems.I have seen youtube videos of people playing GTA 4 even with Intel hd graphics 3000. :shock:

this is why WEI is not used for benchmark. It shows random scores and can't detect a lot of other stuff.

if GTA4 fully updated? GTA4 is known to be buggy and getting it to work on laptops with switchable graphics is not easy. Try adding GTA4 to highpower from AMD CCC and try again.

Even if WEI is totally worthless why are some getting accurate results and some not. as like here (*www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-Inspiron-15R-Special-Edition-Notebook.78323.0.html)

GTA 4 is already set to high performance still lagging.

ratul

█████████████████
@ratul, thanx man for the reply... n u purchased pro version or used kms n upgraded with media center ... :p ?

whats ur view regarding partitioning .. does making a partition improve performance n in long run may be hdd life .. ? actually i have faced hdd problem while partitioning on my old pc n hence asking for it.. i don't want hdd to be problematic just in order to get extra partition..

of course i purchased win8pro.. (through KMS, haha :wink:)...
if MS is literally giving away their OS's (literally), so why not to use KMS.. :)

and partitioning does'nt effect HDD life anyhow, it's just like creating folders only, but on a more higher level of mounting and sectors, so go ahead and create as much as you want..

thankyou for reply.
Actually I'm not getting those fps I'm getting around 40fps but mine is 719/2049 as oppose to yours 621/2049.so I guess its okay i.e. using 7730m.But there is tremendous lag at each and every turn.Are you lag free?
Even with such good graphics card why is it causing problems.I have seen youtube videos of people playing GTA 4 even with Intel hd graphics 3000. :shock:

Even if WEI is totally worthless why are some getting accurate results and some not. as like here (*www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-Inspiron-15R-Special-Edition-Notebook.78323.0.html)

GTA 4 is already set to high performance still lagging.

40fps, definitely HD4000 can't give you that.. :p
and mine too lag on almost every turn dude, fps drops to 20 while driving sometimes, it's the famous un-optimized GTA4, don't worry, it even happens on the most powerful rigs available today, as this game is a solid example of how much of a crappy console port can a game be...

and in notebookcheck, WEI score is 6.6, but as here, Sam also said that WEI is a total garbage, on some systems it detects somethings, on others it can miss somethings, even i don't get 6.6 in Desktop performance, but do i care, hell no!!!

androiderrr

Broken In
Friends need ur urgent help.Can u tell me how to update my AMD graphics driver to latest.The one available on amd website is not working.It says that my product is incompatible with driver.Driver on dell website I think is outdated one.
So kindly help me in this regard

Emre9110

Broken In
Ratul did u get 2297 score with overclock or witout overclock ?

And if it is witout overclock it great score. But only 3dmark2011 benchmark does not show us that 7730>640m. We should see 3dmark05-06 vantage test pcmark7 test etc. Also we should look average fps value in same game :) This is better compare that to say 640 or 7730 is better ? In some game 640m may better than 7730 some game not :)

admn_head

Broken In
well my shows "3 yr accidental cover"..
*i.imgur.com/MGqGR.jpg

see image: *img838.imageshack.us/img838/12/dellcompletewarranty.png

for my order details i too have same 3 yr accidental cover as in ur image.. but when i try to add product to my dell account, i get above details with 730 days... so i guess it only shows extra 2 years warranty days in addition to bundled
1 year cover... even days aren't reducing.. from the day i post about this 730 days over here it is still 730 today also..

can u check in ur dell account under my products.. if u don't have your product added.. u can get this by adding product with your order number or customer number...

ratul

█████████████████
@Ratul :- Do you got GTA IV 1.7 patched? cuz on 1.4, it used to lags but 1.7 fixed it. I get 45+ every time and 30 on highest

it's patched to 1.7...
i heard that for modding 1.4 is the best, but could'nt find any solid working guide to downgrade it, so kept it as it is on 1.7.. :p

Ratul did u get 2297 score with overclock or witout overclock ?

And if it is witout overclock it great score. But only 3dmark2011 benchmark does not show us that 7730>640m. We should see 3dmark05-06 vantage test pcmark7 test etc. Also we should look average fps value in same game :) This is better compare that to say 640 or 7730 is better ? In some game 640m may better than 7730 some game not :)

yes, it's with overclock, as i normally run the card on those clocks only, without overclock, score is still better than 640m's..
P2108 3DMarks with AMD Radeon HD 7750M(1x) and Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
In the pic there is 7gb of sapce titled recovery partiton but i can't see this partition in my computer, how exactly can we access it....should i make a dvd of this partition and if so how?

also i used easeus to partition 49gb from a drive i partitioned using windows disk management...it worked fine and was done in 10 sec. should i proceed with partitioning the c drive.

image 1.jpg

ratul

█████████████████
well my shows "3 yr accidental cover"..
*i.imgur.com/MGqGR.jpg

see image: *img838.imageshack.us/img838/12/dellcompletewarranty.png

for my order details i too have same 3 yr accidental cover as in ur image.. but when i try to add product to my dell account, i get above details with 730 days... so i guess it only shows extra 2 years warranty days in addition to bundled
1 year cover... even days aren't reducing.. from the day i post about this 730 days over here it is still 730 today also..

can u check in ur dell account under my products.. if u don't have your product added.. u can get this by adding product with your order number or customer number...

i am not able to add my product in my account, have tried every method (Service tag, order no., customer no.) and everytime it says "No product found".. :(

santoshk87

Broken In
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know that is 15" FHD a good deal? I mean do u actually feel a big difference between normal 1366X768 screen and FHD screen?

Coz I was thinking if I shud go for 15" FHD or 17" FHD? I dont want a very big laptop of 17", so I had this doubt.

Also if I should go with Win 8 or Win 7? On Win 8, all games run smoothly widout any compatibility probs?

ratul

█████████████████
are you using the dell account / email that u used when u ordered it online .. ?

also there was some way to associate customer id with dell account.. i did that n it worked.. will let u know if i find that option..

yes, the e-mail id is the same used for ordering the lappy..
and ok, post the method once you find it..

Hi guys,

I just wanted to know that is 15" FHD a good deal? I mean do u actually feel a big difference between normal 1366X768 screen and FHD screen?

Coz I was thinking if I shud go for 15" FHD or 17" FHD? I dont want a very big laptop of 17", so I had this doubt.

Also if I should go with Win 8 or Win 7? On Win 8, all games run smoothly widout any compatibility probs?

Difference in both is quite huge, you get more workspace in FHD display, and the content is more sharp and crisp..
15" FHD would be better as you yourself said 17" would be too big to carry it around..
And now i don't see Win7 option on Dell's website, so win8 would be your only bet, and there are no compatibility problems yet on win8, though some games are slightly slower in win8.. (2-5fps) and some have equal performance, but i did'nt see any performance gain in any of the games.. :-?

nandu26

In the zone
Hi guys,

More the resolution, the smaller will be the text size. If you are sitting just before the lappy then it is ok. If you use external keyboard/mouse, then you will be far away from display and you will find it difficult to read text/browse web.

This is what I learnt over the last 3 days of research.

Emre9110

Broken In
yes, it's with overclock, as i normally run the card on those clocks only, without overclock, score is still better than 640m's..
P2108 3DMarks with AMD Radeon HD 7750M(1x) and Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor

But only 3dmark2011 benchmark does not show us that 7730>640m. We should see 3dmark05-06 vantage test pcmark7 test etc. Also we should look average fps value in same game This is better compare that to say 640 or 7730 is better ? In some game 640m may better than 7730 some game not ?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
In the pic there is 7gb of sapce titled recovery partiton but i can't see this partition in my computer, how exactly can we access it....should i make a dvd of this partition and if so how?

also i used easeus to partition 49gb from a drive i partitioned using windows disk management...it worked fine and was done in 10 sec. should i proceed with partitioning the c drive.

View attachment 7792

You can't access recovery partition as its not supposed to. Leave it as it is. And apparently, you seem to have 4 primary partitions which is the max limit, therefore to create more partitions, you will need to create one extended partition. In this case, convert one of the partitions (except C, system and recovery) to extended/logical partition.

Top Bottom