Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
also if i use kms n upgrade method.. n at later stage if it doesn't activate then will i be able to restore from dell restore on hdd via bios? or i'll be no where man.. no windows 8 oem or even kms one.. just fkd up ... :( ... all this has sadden me m thinking just to partition hdd with eases n use lappy as it is... :(

btw, don't mind i copied ur signature as we share same lappy n almost same earphones n hdd. so edited things n changed signature... hope its ok.. ;)

no worries for the signature bro.. :mrgreen:.
btw, i was reading this article on tomshardware, and what i understood is that every windows 8 machine in OEM licensing now comes with it's key pre-loaded into the bios, so no key needed on the chassis or anywhere else.. :(
but you can try in legacy mode to install win8, i think that might work, as it would be in UEFI mode, meaning you can't even load any other OS in your lappy, not even linux, that's OA 3.0 by M$.. :evil:
but if you are too concerned about messing things up, then you can leave the system as it is, and uninstall all the bloatwares, till anyone else tries this method on this lappy.. :)

nandu26

In the zone
admn_head:

I believe that your new laptop came with Windows 8 pre installed. They why you require product key? Is it required to activate Windows 8?

ratul

█████████████████
also how much time it would take if i use easeus to shrink 855 gb c drive to say 150gb n unallocated parition that is created say 705 GB .. n than format it.. will be too long time? thr was user saying he had to wait 6 hours to complete process like dis on 1tb hdd but i guess he had some huge data n he way trying to merge a partition with 30gb on right side of partition n 1gb on left side of partition into one partition..

usually, Easeus takes hardly 5 mins to complete the task, but be careful while doing it, as one user here had the same problem, he had to wait too long, and Easeus got stuck somewhere in the end.. :( though he was able to boot successfully after that..

i want to format n make clean install.. after clean install v need product key to activate w8 ..

read the tomshardware thread bro i mentioned, it says while installing windows 8, you need to click on Purchase License, then contact Microsoft and they'll send you the key for your machine..

admn_head

Broken In
no worries for the signature bro.. :mrgreen:.
btw, i was reading this article on tomshardware, and what i understood is that every windows 8 machine in OEM licensing now comes with it's key pre-loaded into the bios, so no key needed on the chassis or anywhere else.. :(
but you can try in legacy mode to install win8, i think that might work, as it would be in UEFI mode, meaning you can't even load any other OS in your lappy, not even linux, that's OA 3.0 by M$.. :evil:
but if you are too concerned about messing things up, then you can leave the system as it is, and uninstall all the bloatwares, till anyone else tries this method on this lappy.. :)

yeah man .. i would be like "dell user na oem windows 8 ka na kms windows 8 ka" .. lol :p .. still applied with 7-8 emails for key.. lets see .. ;)

usually, Easeus takes hardly 5 mins to complete the task, but be careful while doing it, as one user here had the same problem, he had to wait too long, and Easeus got stuck somewhere in the end.. :( though he was able to boot successfully after that..

read the tomshardware thread bro i mentioned, it says while installing windows 8, you need to click on Purchase License, then contact Microsoft and they'll send you the key for your machine..

why things have to problematic.. y can't everything go smooth.. what care to take bro? its software which has to do work n by its own it will complete or give me problem :( hdd partiton was my worry n now this windows 8 stepped in.. i won't be taking risk of win8 fresh install..as if do than later i would have to wait for dell to send chargeable recovery disk to get lappy again working... in that dell post u link it was written dell will send recovery disk which won't require key n win8 will be installed...

ratul

█████████████████
yeah man .. i would be like "dell user na oem windows 8 ka na kms windows 8 ka" .. lol :p .. still applied with 7-8 emails for key.. lets see .. ;)

why things have to problematic.. y can't everything go smooth.. what care to take bro? its software which has to do work n by its own it will complete or give me problem :( hdd partiton was my worry n now this windows 8 stepped in.. i won't be taking risk of win8 fresh install..as if do than later i would have to wait for dell to send chargeable recovery disk to get lappy again working... in that dell post u link it was written dell will send recovery disk which won't require key n win8 will be installed...

yeah, but recovery disc would again install all bloatwares and make windows again run slow.. :(
And things have to be problematic, as it's windows 8, who has been given the crown of next "vista", so you can understand this problematic condition i think.. :p
Better wait for any other user who can try win8 install on this machine and give the feedback..

admn_head

Broken In
yeah, but recovery disc would again install all bloatwares and make windows again run slow.. :(
And things have to be problematic, as it's windows 8, who has been given the crown of next "vista", so you can understand this problematic condition i think.. :p
Better wait for any other user who can try win8 install on this machine and give the feedback..

bro which all things u think are making it slow n should be removed...?

antivirus? cyberlink media player? yet to check lappy programs list ... [for antivirus i have found nod32 v4 to be very smooth on my old p4 pc.. i can't even feel that its holding pc which other antivirus do.. it really smooth .. u can know that m using it on p4.. lol]

btw which is best player.. kmplayer or any other?

ratul

█████████████████
bro which all things u think are making it slow n should be removed...?

antivirus? cyberlink media player? yet to check lappy programs list ... [for antivirus i have found nod32 v4 to be very smooth on my old p4 pc.. i can't even feel that its holding pc which other antivirus do.. it really smooth .. u can know that m using it on p4.. lol]

btw which is best player.. kmplayer or any other?

yes, antivirus, they bloat that stupid mcafee with the lappy, super crap antivirus, nod32 is a very good choice, least resource hungry and lightest of all antiviruses, and a good detection rate too..
You can try Kaspersky Internet Security too, i have it, though resource hungry, but in this powerful lappy, i don't even notice that i have it installed, and best detection rate in the market too.. (found it better than even bitdefender) :p
For players, i think KMPlayer was discontinued a long time ago, instead of it, POTPlayer was introduced from the same guys, and it's good too, btw i use K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and have no complaints from it..

admn_head

Broken In
kmp media is active not discontinued.. see .. KMPlayer Version 3.4

so u use potplayer n k-lite pack .. ?

my current plan.. first partition with easeus (150gb os drive n remaing whole one partition... will organize wid folders), remove bloatwares.. replace av with nod32-update it, install basic media, messenger, teamviewer n browser apps, will use farstone restorit to make complete backup of os drive as i hav risky option of formatting.. restore via complete backup of restoreit is best for me if any issue comes.. have been doing this restore thing since 2 years wid my pc.. my cd drive doesnt open.. lol ... whn pc gets infected or system files corrupt.. restore it... sit back n relax.. a fresh os wid all basic thing is ready for u in 30 mins.. :)

btw this is my 1st jump for p4 to core i7 .. windows xp to windows 8 ... :p .. imagine how i managed these years.. ha ha ha...

also i plan to play wid gpu drivers once i hav backup as mentioned above via restore it...

my office pc uses deep freeze.. everytime pc restarts its like the 1st time it was installed... but more suitable for stationery system not for users like us..

any suggestions to above plan... ??

ratul

█████████████████
kmp media is active not discontinued.. see .. KMPlayer Version 3.4

so u use potplayer n k-lite pack .. ?

my current plan.. first partition with easeus (150gb os drive n remaing whole one partition... will organize wid folders), remove bloatwares.. replace av with nod32-update it, install basic media, messenger, teamviewer n browser apps, will use farstone restorit to make complete backup of os drive as i hav risky option of formatting.. restore via complete backup of restoreit is best for me if any issue comes.. have been doing this restore thing since 2 years wid my pc.. my cd drive doesnt open.. lol ... whn pc gets infected or system files corrupt.. restore it... sit back n relax.. a fresh os wid all basic thing is ready for u in 30 mins.. :)

btw this is my 1st jump for p4 to core i7 .. windows xp to windows 8 ... :p .. imagine how i managed these years.. ha ha ha...

also i plan to play wid gpu drivers once i hav backup as mentioned above via restore it...

my office pc uses deep freeze.. everytime pc restarts its like the 1st time it was installed... but more suitable for stationery system not for users like us..

any suggestions to above plan... ??

ok, i thought it was, they were stuck to version 3.1 for more than a year i think, and there were news all around of it's discontinuation, good to hear it's updated now... :)
i only use K-lite mega codec pack, if a single player can handle everything effectively, why use multiple players then?? :p
and as per suggestions, i too use acronis true image for regular backups of c: and system partition, it's a good practice to do it.. :)
Un-install almost everything that had come pre-installed except drivers or softs you need, analyze your requirements and according to that remove bloatwares you would'nt use otherwise..
And i was in the same boat as you are, for past 8 yrs, i was using my desktop with a celeron and winXP, for me too, the jump from desktop to this laptop was huge.. :p:mrgreen:
Deep freeze is not that effective option and slows down booting time considerably.. (used to use it 3-4 yrs. back during my hacking tests, now use VMWare for it :p)

sam142000

Journeyman
Guys Dell is offering to replace my Gpu because I told them about a silly problem that almost everyone would have.
But it would be a refurbished part.
Should I go for it? What say??

Guys......anyone?

Also, does anyone play Crysis 2 here? Suddenly it has started crashing on my system. Tried reinstalling, nothing happened.

ratul

█████████████████
Guys......anyone?

Also, does anyone play Crysis 2 here? Suddenly it has started crashing on my system. Tried reinstalling, nothing happened.

first of all, elaborate that "silly problem", which most of us are having..
and i play crysis2, it's working fine here, no crashes even on ultra settings and GPU overclocked..

sam142000

Journeyman
first of all, elaborate that "silly problem", which most of us are having..
and i play crysis2, it's working fine here, no crashes even on ultra settings and GPU overclocked..

Have you ever used this site Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements ?? It doesn't detect the AMD GPU, while using it. That's what I told them, and they told me that there is something wrong with the GPU and it needs to be replaced.
Any suggestions for solving the Crysis2 problem? It crashes a few seconds after I start playing the game.

ratul

█████████████████
Have you ever used this site Can You RUN It | Can I run that game | Game system requirements ?? It doesn't detect the AMD GPU, while using it. That's what I told them, and they told me that there is something wrong with the GPU and it needs to be replaced.
Any suggestions for solving the Crysis2 problem? It crashes a few seconds after I start playing the game.

can't run that site as my jre is corrupted..
btw, run 3DMark11 and post your score, if it can detect your GPU, then it's OK..
and for Crysis 2 problem, i can give you suggestions what you would have heard numerous times.. :p Reinstall drivers to latest version (both intel and AMD), check for any system file corruption by running "sfc /scannow", check for viruses or try other games and do they crash too??

sam142000

Journeyman
can't run that site as my jre is corrupted..
btw, run 3DMark11 and post your score, if it can detect your GPU, then it's OK..
and for Crysis 2 problem, i can give you suggestions what you would have heard numerous times.. :p Reinstall drivers to latest version (both intel and AMD), check for any system file corruption by running "sfc /scannow", check for viruses or try other games and do they crash too??

All other games work fine, other than 'Medal of Honor Warfighter'. But I guess its something to do with latest drivers. It runs perfect on 12.9drivers (currently I have 12.11 beta8). Also, I have already tried reinstalling AMD driver.
Whats "sfc /scannow"? Is it some software or a command prompt?

ratul

█████████████████
All other games work fine, other than 'Medal of Honor Warfighter'. But I guess its something to do with latest drivers. It runs perfect on 12.9drivers (currently I have 12.11 beta8). Also, I have already tried reinstalling AMD driver.
Whats "sfc /scannow"? Is it some software or a command prompt?

command prompt, run cmd in admin mode and run this command..
but if all other games work fine, then there's nothing wrong with hardware or your GPU, so no worries for a refurbished part.. :D
it might be something conflicting with crysis 2..

sam142000

Journeyman
command prompt, run cmd in admin mode and run this command..
but if all other games work fine, then there's nothing wrong with hardware or your GPU, so no worries for a refurbished part.. :D
it might be something conflicting with crysis 2..

Could you try and use that site I mentioned earlier?

ratul

█████████████████
Could you try and use that site I mentioned earlier?

as i said these sites are not recommended, btw i tried their detection application, and in my case too it was detected as HD4000, so it proves that it's still not able to detect enduro GPU's..
I think it's the immaturity of the AMD drivers, as in many games too (skyrim, gta4) AMD GPU is not detected, but i have seen Nvidia's optimus GPU's being detected in these games..
But don't worry, the AMD is working behind when needed, and as i said, run the 3D Mark11 test and post the scores, it should clear your doubt..

sam142000

Journeyman
as i said these sites are not recommended, btw i tried their detection application, and in my case too it was detected as HD4000, so it proves that it's still not able to detect enduro GPU's..
I think it's the immaturity of the AMD drivers, as in many games too (skyrim, gta4) AMD GPU is not detected, but i have seen Nvidia's optimus GPU's being detected in these games..
But don't worry, the AMD is working behind when needed, and as i said, run the 3D Mark11 test and post the scores, it should clear your doubt..

I got P2119 score on 3D mark11. I guess you got around the same score right?

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
There seems to be a dead/stuck pixel on my screen -_-

It is white. So is it a dead pixel or a stuck pixel?

Never mind. It fixed itself after playing a rapidly flashing video then restarting the screen :p *relieved*

Top Bottom