Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

admn_head

Broken In
wht 6k for a battery!!

Looks like expense ride has just started... :p

ratul is it true that aftr mrkt batteries n charger dont work ??

n on flipkart thr r batteries around 3k saying dell brand... wht u say.. r they genuine or aftr mrkt...

do this batteries look compatible wid 15r turbo Dell Inspiron 1525 6 Cell Battery | Laptop Battery | Flipkart.com

ratul

█████████████████
@ratul

u r getting it wrong. I mean to say that since i7 is more powerful at same tdp hence it is more efficient and it wil have more performance/power. so it will consume less power and hence it will make battery to last more.

then say it like that only, the explanation you gave lead to some other conclusions.. :p

wht 6k for a battery!!

Looks like expense ride has just started... :p

ratul is it true that aftr mrkt batteries n charger dont work ??

n on flipkart thr r batteries around 3k saying dell brand... wht u say.. r they genuine or aftr mrkt...

do this batteries look compatible wid 15r turbo Dell Inspiron 1525 6 Cell Battery | Laptop Battery | Flipkart.com

no it won't be compatible, as the battery pins are located at a different location than our laptop, though from comments it seems to be a genuine DELL battery..
and here you can find our laptop and charger prices (in US$): Dell Batteries.

Last edited:

admn_head

Broken In
what u think, whn can v expect this beta tag to be removed from drivers and get final version of graphic card drivers.. ?

regarding removing battery from lappy while playing games.. do u think keeping battery in while ac plugged in with a cooling pad connected could reduce heat? n how about in A/c room... still is it advisable to remove battery while playing games ? or it is like make it a thumb rule to remove battery when playing games .. :p

my order status changed to manufacturing build complete today and edd is 7/12/12 .. looks like too much time for a completed unit to reach via shipping.. n in quote it was mentioned shipping via AIR .. so hope to get it latest by a week... :)

btw, i opted for 3 years accidental warranty n in my account it shows POW (Parts only warranty) for 730 days.. is it like its showing only extra purchased 2 years warranty in addition to bundled 1 year warranty or there is some problem? @ratul, u can answer this better as u also have 3 years accidental warranty if m not mistaken.. ?

karkeo

Broken In
guys im really confused !!
i went to chroma today to check out 17r turbo(i5 version)
and he had only the hd option available ame not the full hd one and deliver in 2 days and dell fhd takes 3 weeks to be available .so i wanna choose between these two .....
1) what are the significant difference between hd(1600*900) and full hd?
2)Does it affect game play experience considerably?
3)if it does please be specific a video link would be helpful !!!
4)should i upgrade to win 8 what are the advantages?
5)is the fhd affect movie watching also considerably???
thx in advice.
the answer to the above will finalize my decision...
ps:17r is a massive one :-(

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
Got my 15R toady... Look amazing but windows8 is not easy :confused:...it took me 5 minutes to figure out how to shut it down and still I don't think I did it in the right way...:p

Gtb93

In the zone
and he had only the hd option available ame not the full hd one and deliver in 2 days and dell fhd takes 3 weeks to be available .so i wanna choose between these two .....
thx in advice.

FHD: Everything will look better than in the HD screen. Movies, Pictures, everything will be way better. You'll get more workspace due to the higher resolution too.
It will look 'lovely'. However, when it comes to gaming, you will have to tune down settings. The 7730M cannot handle games @ high/ultra at FHD resolution. Decrease settings, or decrease resolution.
Update to win8, and use win7 start and similar features if you don't like the 8's interface.

ratul

█████████████████
what u think, whn can v expect this beta tag to be removed from drivers and get final version of graphic card drivers.. ?

regarding removing battery from lappy while playing games.. do u think keeping battery in while ac plugged in with a cooling pad connected could reduce heat? n how about in A/c room... still is it advisable to remove battery while playing games ? or it is like make it a thumb rule to remove battery when playing games .. :p

my order status changed to manufacturing build complete today and edd is 7/12/12 .. looks like too much time for a completed unit to reach via shipping.. n in quote it was mentioned shipping via AIR .. so hope to get it latest by a week... :)

btw, i opted for 3 years accidental warranty n in my account it shows POW (Parts only warranty) for 730 days.. is it like its showing only extra purchased 2 years warranty in addition to bundled 1 year warranty or there is some problem? @ratul, u can answer this better as u also have 3 years accidental warranty if m not mistaken.. ?

well my shows "3 yr accidental cover"..
*i.imgur.com/MGqGR.jpg

Got my 15R toady... Look amazing but windows8 is not easy :confused:...it took me 5 minutes to figure out how to shut it down and still I don't think I did it in the right way...:p

congrats bro.. :doublethumb:
hope you have joined the FB group here...
and there's a keyboard shortcut to shutdown "windows key+i".. :p though alt+f4 is still ma favorite combo..

karkeo

Broken In
FHD: Everything will look better than in the HD screen. Movies, Pictures, everything will be way better. You'll get more workspace due to the higher resolution too.
It will look 'lovely'. However, when it comes to gaming, you will have to tune down settings. The 7730M cannot handle games @ high/ultra at FHD resolution. Decrease settings, or decrease resolution.
Update to win8, and use win7 start and similar features if you don't like the 8's interface.

Still confused!!!
its 650m not 7730m.:-D
&
Can you be more specific?????:|
COZ im really inclined to HD+,
I don wanna regret the choice i make.

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
I don't see the recovery drive in my computer there is disk space allocated to it in the disk management, but i can't see it...

also should i use the disk management itself to make partitions or use easeus(which does frighten me a bit as while downloading i read people saying that it screwed their hard disk)...what do i do??

nandu26

In the zone

Can you tell me the config you got and the cost you paid ? How much time it took for the laptop to arrive from the payment date?

I am interested to order from dell website but i am not willing to wait for 1 month to get my laptop.

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
I bought the i5 version basically the base model....i ordered it through a dell sales representative on the phone on the 15th this month...the laptop was ready on the 17th but because you have to send a document to them(which i had sent on the 15th itself through blazeflash courier it took those idiots 6 days to deleiver the document) i could not get the laptop till yesterday.....apart from couriers screwup from my side the laptop would've been with me in 5-6 days....so am happy that i finally got it...

Guys anybody for my problem with the partition..

dheemanth10

Broken In
thx in advice.

trust me bro go with FHD screen you wont regret it ....FHD screen on my 15R is brilliant .....go with it anyway 650m can handle btr graphics than 7730m so its not a big issue

nandu26

In the zone
I bought the i5 version basically the base model....i ordered it through a dell sales representative on the phone on the 15th this month...the laptop was ready on the 17th but because you have to send a document to them(which i had sent on the 15th itself through blazeflash courier it took those idiots 6 days to deleiver the document) i could not get the laptop till yesterday.....apart from couriers screwup from my side the laptop would've been with me in 5-6 days....so am happy that i finally got it...

Guys anybody for my problem with the partition..

What about the heat after 2 hours of usage?

guru_da_preet

Journeyman
Well i did not feel any heat after 2 hrs, but i haven't actually used the lappy for anything major....

@admn_head: I sent a authorization letter/order confirmation/declaration letter(the heading on the document)...this was to let them bill me for the laptop....

Guys, anybody for my problem about the partition....

nox007

Right off the assembly line
It's all upto you what you prefer 14" or 15.6" screen. The 7730M is expected to be as good as 640M. According to notebookcheck.com the performance should be between the DDR3-versions of Nvidias GeForce GT 650M and 640M. IMO It would be the best performance in this budget.

HD 7730M ≥ GT 640M > HD 6770M > GT 630M ≥ GT 540M > HD 6630M

Nope, according to netbookcheck.net 640M is one rank ahead of 7730M and 640m provides with more better options.

Top Bottom