Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

ratul

█████████████████
^ @ ratul

I see @_@
My battery wear level just went up to 5% :/ Time to try out your technique for the next 2 weeks :p
If battery wear remains same I will continue using your method :p

BTW don't you have a ups for your desktop at home?
Yo can do this too. Connect a spike guard to ups=> remove laptop battery and run lappy on ac power from the spike guard. That way even if powercut occurs, you won't get a total shutdown of lappy :p

P.S:- Is the "Enter" key a little repressed than all the other keys? Very slightly though. It seems to be at a slightly lower level than the other keys.

i "had" UPS, current one's battery has lived it's life and now dead, so soon buying new one.. :p
And we don't have the UPS waala inverter, only simple one, so that also don't help in keeping the continuous electricity flow.
And btw, i can't use the lappy with it, i use my lappy in my room and my desktop is far away in the other room, so even a spike guard won't help there.. :p
nice tip though.. :)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Ah damn.

Btw what about the enter key? Is the one on your lappy a bit repressed too?

P.S:- starting your method of 3-4 days charge and use technique. :p Hope it works. What software do you use to monitor battery?

ravidahiya74

Right off the assembly line
I am constantly getting cll.implementation error..?
anybody else experiencing it? why only me??
and when i try to upgrade to windows 8 through offer, it says you are not eligible. WTF? I bought the laptop 2 days back

sugs77

Broken In
As DELL India has stopped giving the 32GB mSATA SSD with the 15R Turbo Models, can anyone please let me know if the currently shipping models have any provision for an SSD which we can install????

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
@ravidahiya74 " I am constantly getting cll.implementation error..?
anybody else experiencing it? why only me??
and when i try to upgrade to windows 8 through offer, it says you are not eligible. WTF? I bought the laptop 2 days back
"

1.)Install driversweeper
2.)uninstall catalyst drivers which you are presently using.
3.)Use driversweeper to analyze and clean all "ATI-Display" related files.
4.)Install Catalyst 12.1 beta drivers(download beforehand).
5.) Report back here.

ratul

█████████████████
^ Ah damn.

Btw what about the enter key? Is the one on your lappy a bit repressed too?

P.S:- starting your method of 3-4 days charge and use technique. :p Hope it works. What software do you use to monitor battery?

no, it's at the level of the other keys..
and i use batterycare...

ravidahiya74

i have uninstalled all .frameworks. Should i install all the .net frameworks again or installing .net framework 4 would be enough?

aditya_reds

Ordered a dell 15R Full HD laptop, got the order confirmation on 20/11/2012.

Now the expected delivery date is showing as 12/12/2012.

Just wanted to confirm does it really take that long, can someone let me know how many days did they get their laptops after ordering..

The reason i am asking is because i am going out of town on 4th dec, and i had hoped will get the laptop before that.

androiderrr

Broken In

Just wanted to confirm does it really take that long, can someone let me know how many days did they get their laptops after ordering..

The reason i am asking is because i am going out of town on 4th dec, and i had hoped will get the laptop before that.

There cannot be any accurate answer about your question as far as my experience is concerned.I ordered dell laptop on 3rd november,my delivery date was 20 and today it went to 30 nov,the current status says work in progress.While my cousion ordered same laptop with same configuration(core i5,720p display) on 8th november and he received it on 15th itself.
When I tried to keep that point with dell representative...he everytime repeats that he will investigate this and expedite my delivery.Today I phoned him and he said that they are facing shortage of backlit keyboards,therefore the delay
So u can get u laptop within a week,or 3 weeks or till Delivery date or it may go beyond that
But Lets hope for the best

aditya_reds

There cannot be any accurate answer about your question as far as my experience is concerned.I ordered dell laptop on 3rd november,my delivery date was 20 and today it went to 30 nov,the current status says work in progress.While my cousion ordered same laptop with same configuration(core i5,720p display) on 8th november and he received it on 15th itself.
When I tried to keep that point with dell representative...he everytime repeats that he will investigate this and expedite my delivery.Today I phoned him and he said that they are facing shortage of backlit keyboards,therefore the delay
So u can get u laptop within a week,or 3 weeks or till Delivery date or it may go beyond that
But Lets hope for the best

Sorry to hear that mate, i hope you get ur lappy soon..

Hopefully i ll get mine soon as well..

admn_head

Broken In
extended warranty can be bought later? if yes, is thr any major price difference in purchasing wid lappy or at later stage??

n summary of dis dell turbo laptop says essen hdmi cable.. does that mean we get hdmi cable wid lappy or its kind of internal hdmi cable for port??

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Okay time for another noob question. How do I turn bluetooth on and off without disabling the bluetooth adapter from device manager?

achyutaghosh

Journeyman

Do not go by the expected delivery date. From my personal experience, your sales representative is they best source of actual delivery date. I was seeing a delivery date of 7th Nov on the website, which meant 2 weeks from date of order. But my sales guy promised me 1 week even before i placed the order, and i did get it in 6 days ie. on the 30th.

santoshk87

Broken In
I needed a laptop for watching movies, browsing and occasional gaming. I wanted a fast laptop. After much speculation, I finally ordered Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (i7 3rd gen/ 1 tb hdd/ 8 gb ram/ 2 gb nvidia gt 630m gpu) on flipkart. I dint go for dell inspiron 15r turbo coz i heard it has some battery/BSOD issues. I can still cancel my laptop. Should I do it and order Dell inspiron 15r Turbo coz I heard der r some probs in ideapad series on running win 8. Plz help. I am damn confused.

My main issues are that I dont want any heating issues with my laptop. It should not be slow. It should not hang or have any random BSOD.

pratyush997

Inactive
I needed a laptop for watching movies, browsing and occasional gaming. I wanted a fast laptop. After much speculation, I finally ordered Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (i7 3rd gen/ 1 tb hdd/ 8 gb ram/ 2 gb nvidia gt 630m gpu) on flipkart. I dint go for dell inspiron 15r turbo coz i heard it has some battery/BSOD issues. I can still cancel my laptop. Should I do it and order Dell inspiron 15r Turbo coz I heard der r some probs in ideapad series on running win 8. Plz help. I am damn confused.

My main issues are that I dont want any heating issues with my laptop. It should not be slow. It should not hang or have any random BSOD.
60k for a lappy with GT 630 :facepalm:
Dell would have been better

Top Bottom