Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

Jakes

Broken In
I needed a laptop for watching movies, browsing and occasional gaming. I wanted a fast laptop. After much speculation, I finally ordered Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (i7 3rd gen/ 1 tb hdd/ 8 gb ram/ 2 gb nvidia gt 630m gpu) on flipkart. I dint go for dell inspiron 15r turbo coz i heard it has some battery/BSOD issues. I can still cancel my laptop. Should I do it and order Dell inspiron 15r Turbo coz I heard der r some probs in ideapad series on running win 8. Plz help. I am damn confused.

My main issues are that I dont want any heating issues with my laptop. It should not be slow. It should not hang or have any random BSOD.

If you will go with user reviews so much then you wont find any laptop has hasnt got any problem. I think Dell is reliable laptop it doesnt have any serious issues. Lenovo Ideapad Z580 has the same specs as Dell inspiron 15r but the dell inspiron 15r has a newer and better graphic card.
Depends on you if you want to have a better graphic card to play games

Last edited:

nandu26

In the zone
Dell 15R has a new Corei7 model with 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD but it is not available on flipkart. I still wonder what is the difference between 15R and 15R SE (Turbo) laptops.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Dell 15R has a new Corei7 model with 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD but it is not available on flipkart. I still wonder what is the difference between 15R and 15R SE (Turbo) laptops.

Dell Inspiron 15R is a simple everyday use laptop. Dell Inspiron 15R Turbo is high end multimedia laptop for advanced users. I would recommend you to purchase locally or from dell india official website. Purchasing expensive products from flipkart is unsafe.

ratul

█████████████████
Okay time for another noob question. How do I turn bluetooth on and off without disabling the bluetooth adapter from device manager?

fn+f2.. :p
or you can open Window Mobility Center ( The first button in the three buttons on top right), and disable it from there..

extended warranty can be bought later? if yes, is thr any major price difference in purchasing wid lappy or at later stage??

n summary of dis dell turbo laptop says essen hdmi cable.. does that mean we get hdmi cable wid lappy or its kind of internal hdmi cable for port??

yes, but DELL representative told me that if you buy it later, then it would charge 9k for 1 yr, as it's of two yrs now (for accidental cover)..
we get the hdmi cable..

I needed a laptop for watching movies, browsing and occasional gaming. I wanted a fast laptop. After much speculation, I finally ordered Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (i7 3rd gen/ 1 tb hdd/ 8 gb ram/ 2 gb nvidia gt 630m gpu) on flipkart. I dint go for dell inspiron 15r turbo coz i heard it has some battery/BSOD issues. I can still cancel my laptop. Should I do it and order Dell inspiron 15r Turbo coz I heard der r some probs in ideapad series on running win 8. Plz help. I am damn confused.

My main issues are that I dont want any heating issues with my laptop. It should not be slow. It should not hang or have any random BSOD.

Battery, yes, but it's known for years that DELL and HP installs one of the worst batteries in their lappies, so it's a well known fact for years..
But BSOD, haha, who told you that, yes i got BSOD's, but almost all of them were when i was overclocking the GPU or games running on overclocked GPU crashes, other than that, no BSOD's..
Heating?? It's one of the coolest 3rd gen lappy, what more do you want??

My battery wear level is 11% currently and i bought laptop on 12 oct. I think its on higher side after only 40 days of use.

yes, try callibrating the battery by using the lappy on battery till it hibernates, and then restart the PC (don't login after hibernation, restart and then login)..
Also don't do gaming on the battery..

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
@ratul

Thanks. Is there a way to keep the connection to my router via wifi on and still disable bluetooth?
Since I have to turn wifi on to connect to my router. I don't really need bluetooth all the time though.

ratul

█████████████████
@ratul

Thanks. Is there a way to keep the connection to my router via wifi on and still disable bluetooth?
Since I have to turn wifi on to connect to my router. I don't really need bluetooth all the time though.

yes for that i told you the second method, through Mobility Center, there you can disable bluetooth without affecting the wifi..
*i.imgur.com/3ndIR.jpg​

Last edited:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Thats the thing. There is no "turn off" option in mine.
There is only a launch option.

*i50.tinypic.com/iyllar.png

admn_head

Broken In
so accidental warranty for 1 extra year renewal is almost double cost compared to wht i can get currently. its 4.7k for accd. cover if purchased now..

m tight on budget n want i7, 8bg ram,hd screen model..

wht u suggest should i compromise on 4gb ram n get warranty or go on wid 8gb ram n 1 yr warranty .. n see wht offer i can get at later stage for extra accd. warranty... ??

@ratul, regarding not gaming on battery.. it is not advisable to game whn battery is charging?? hence game only whn battery is fully charged n run on external power cutting battery usage... !!! seems really akward to wait for lappy to get charged b4 gaming.. :))

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
so accidental warranty for 1 extra year renewal is almost double cost compared to wht i can get currently. its 4.7k for accd. cover if purchased now..

m tight on budget n want i7, 8bg ram,hd screen model..

wht u suggest should i compromise on 4gb ram n get warranty or go on wid 8gb ram n 1 yr warranty .. n see wht offer i can get at later stage for extra accd. warranty... ??

@ratul, regarding not gaming on battery.. it is not advisable to game whn battery is charging?? hence game only whn battery is fully charged n run on external power cutting battery usage... !!! seems really akward to wait for lappy to get charged b4 gaming.. :))

Get 4GB RAM + Warranty.

Play without battery directly on A/C. :p

dheemanth10

Broken In
Thats the thing. There is no "turn off" option in mine.
There is only a launch option.

*i50.tinypic.com/iyllar.png

thats how it was for me at first then i updated all my drivers including wireless drivers from dell web site ..now there is an option to turn off bt without affecting wifi

if u need it for watching movies then dell 15 r se has a full hd screen variant ...trust me the screen is amazing ..i use it for watching movies as well...its superb !!! and u get a btr graphics card also

Jakes

Broken In
Is there any dell inspiron 17r owner ?
I want to know if 17r is too big ? I am stuck between 15r and 17r. 17r has better graphic card.
Whats the battery backup of 17r compared to 15r and does it have heating problems while extreme gaming?

Last edited:

aditya_reds

Right off the assembly line
Do not go by the expected delivery date. From my personal experience, your sales representative is they best source of actual delivery date. I was seeing a delivery date of 7th Nov on the website, which meant 2 weeks from date of order. But my sales guy promised me 1 week even before i placed the order, and i did get it in 6 days ie. on the 30th.

That's great to hear mate, but the problem with mine is that, there is already a delay as they have a shortage of Full HD screens, had a talk with DELL CC and they said on the 27th the new parts will come to them and then the production will be finalized. So at the moment just waiting for the 27th and hopefully after that wont be too long..

sj2202

Broken In
Ain't removing the battery every time one plays and inserting it back affects battery?
And won't it screw the battery compartment if done for 1-2 Years!

No....the battery of a laptop is affected by the heat generated....and a lot of heat is generated during gaming....so it is advisable to remove the battery while gaming for a long time continuously....IMO it wont screw anything if you are handling it with care.

EDIT-You can check it out hereBatteryCare - Proper laptop battery usage guide

Last edited:

admn_head

Broken In
Guys ordered a Dell 15R Turbo - i7,8gb ram,hd screen, 3 years complete accidental cover for 68.5k ..

Payment transfered via NEFT, they said they will give official confirmation for payment n order id tommorow.. will get acknowledgement mail today.. though havent received it yet..

Has any one experienced accidental cover service.. they replace any damaged part during this period?? n i even heard they replace full lappy if thr is any major accidental damage...

Hope they provide delivery soon... :)

fn+f2.. :p

yes, try callibrating the battery by using the lappy on battery till it hibernates, and then restart the PC (don't login after hibernation, restart and then login)..
Also don't do gaming on the battery..

u r right how did i forgot about gaming point although i play games ocasionally

annnnnnnnnd how do all of u installed catalyst 12.11. I installed but it does not detect 7730m, its not working

how much will it cost to attach 32 gb msata drive and what is max capacity of msata drive
the dard drive provided is avg and multitasking suffers since 1tb hdd has only 8 mb cache

Top Bottom