Anime/Cartoon/Mangas Thread ~Giga Drill Breaker version~

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]: Thanks for the info..One Piece is next on my list.
currently busy with Death Note

Update: OMG :shock: 680 episodes and 17 Seasons and still going on..phew will take huge amount of time to start & complete

btw did u read manga or episodes?

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION]: Thanks for the info..One Piece is next on my list.
currently busy with Death Note

Update: OMG :shock: 680 episodes and 17 Seasons and still going on..phew will take huge amount of time to start & complete

btw did u read manga or episodes?

caught up with both the manga and anime. :D
Way better than Bleach, naruho (and shitpuddle), Fairy Fail combined.

snap

Lurker
I hope I will avoid telling any spoilers.

It can make you cry for the death of a non-living object. It can make you laugh when your partners screwup so badly. It can make you cry when your friend wants to live and when a friend wants to sacrifice his life for your sake. It gives you the chills when they decide to fight for their friends and also when they fight their friends. Its a great journey, one which can never be surpassed by anything currently. Its so epic that you will call it the "mother of all manga/anime". Every next arc is so awesome that the previous ones seem not so awesome. One Piece is just Legen

WAIT
-
FOR
-
IT

dary!!

LEGENDARY!!

It would be unfair to compare it with other long running manga/animes as they have become crap after some point. There's so much in One Piece that even Akira Toriyama, the mangaka of Dragon Ball, has appraised it (source: Oda/Toriyama Long Interview )

A salute to Oda-san's dedication.

mehh

:troll:

Piyush

Lanaya
Watched She and her cat. 5 minutes :lol:

Was it by any chance The Place Promised in Our Early Days ?
:D yea 5 mins
And now that you mentioned it, I will check this other one as well

- - - Updated - - -

Completed Kimi ni Todoke S2 as well. Overallm the franchise is good. Its your usual romance, slice of life, school anime. But yet it is memorable story. Art is good, better than ToraDora, Lovely Complex, GTO but thats because it newer than the rest. The only minus in this franchise would be a couple of moments in a couple of episodes where the protagonist acted so dumb making the viewers wish to jump into their world just so to push her in order to make decision.

So here's the rating

Story- 8
Art- 9
Music- 9
Characters- 9

Next on the list is My little monster

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
One of the things about one piece is the nature of story enables it to be long
I mean if you are in a need of filler you can just go to a random island and still have fun
Problem with other long running anime is they eventually catch up with manga and the anime starts adding stupid fillers (bleach had the worst of em)
I havent watched one piece much only till around 50 episodes, and I have around 400 epi with me so I hope to catch up with it eventually but as far as I know, there is still no sight of end right?
I don't see much mention for Hunter x Hunter here? It's one of the best anime out there, on a different level whole together compared to other shonen

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ I've completed the anime and caught up with the manga. It's really sad that crap like Naruto gets limelight when its manga ended and nobody cared enough for HxH when its anime and manga came to hiatus. :(

Last edited:

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
And man the hate for naruto in this thread is bit over the top
Granted the anime has been messed up with lame fillers, I don't think the manga was that bad and pfft comparing it to chota bheem lol
I won't say its the best, but it ain't bad as it made out to be

snap

Lurker
[MENTION=107549]kamikaz[/MENTION] You probably are reading too many of SaiyanGoku's posts :p Naruto is an OK anime.

Piyush

Lanaya
Naruto minus fillers is a decent series. Especially that akatsuki arc.
Anime creator of Naruto ruined it for me. I dropped the anime but completed the manga. Would give an overall of 7/10 for manga.

And HxH, is a great anime overall. I have completed the anime but not the manga. I still sometimes rewind that episode in which Killua talks with her little sister and "something". Memorable moment in that series.

kisame

King of Heroes
Naruto still attracts anime newbies.It went downhill but its start was very good.
And HxH is the best shonen I have read, IMO.

Piyush

Lanaya
Finished My Little Monster

Story starts from where the female protagonist is asked to drop some papers to male protagonist because he was temporarily expelled from school, after a brawl. He is shown a short tempered, somewhat dense, arrogant, possessive yet honest, helpful, intelligent and cheerful when situation arise. Story is decent, characters are only a few but are shown OKish. What is different in this one is the nature of male protagonist. His comments will make you laugh hard sometimes not only because they are somewhat awkward and straight but also the female protagonist is shown totally opposite to him, studious and having "dont know dont care attitude". The ending left an unusual and empty feeling. The story could have been extended a lot more easily. May be the production house left it for some financial reasons... may be manga have more chapters, I havent checked.

So overall score :
Season- 1
Episodes- 13

Story- 7
Art- 7
Music- 7
Characters- 8

Also updated my animelist after a long time. Added many series in plan to watch. In case any one interested in Rom-com, Slice of life, Comedy, Drama genre apart from a few which belong to other genre.

MAL account

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
One piece new chapter out. Looks like this arc is gonna end in upcoming month since many fights are coming to an end except a couple of main ones.
--------------------------------
Finished 2 anime
Bokura wa minna kawaisou - Comedy, Romance, Slice of life
Season 1
Episodes 12

Story is about a male protagonist who is made to shift in a boarding house since his parent transfer. There he meets the female protagonist who is shown an avid book reader. Since she spent most time around books than people, she has almost no friends. The guy also meets a guy in his 30s who is a hardcore masochist and also his roommate. Then there are 2 more, 1 working women , hourglass figure but having bad luck with men. And the other one is a college girl with sly personality. The overall plot is very basic. Nothing special. The only thing which kept me going was the comedy in daily chores.

Score
Story- 7
Art- 7
Music-7
Characters- 9

----------------------------------
Sakurasou no pet na Kanojo - Comedy, Romance, School, Slice of life
Season 1
Episodes 24

Now this one can be considered a unique anime. Story starts when this guy, Sorata, is given 2 options: Either stop keeping stray cats in his boys dorm room OR to move himself and his cats to to Sakurasou, a dormitory considered place for problem children from this school. But this small dorm actually holds the best minds of school. There he meets one of the art teacher, who is asked to look over students staying there, a 2nd yr hyperactive girl Misaki who is already famous for her anime creations over Japan, her childhood friend Jin who is helping her in scripts, a not so social 1st yr programmer guy who never comes out of his room, so much so that he has created a mail bot just to reply mails automatically. Then the female protagonist appear, Shiina, who is actually a world famous painter, a cousin of teacher staying in Sakurasou, but isolated from social world. Because of her awkward behavior, teacher asks Sorata to help Shiina cope up in this new surrounding. Thats where story picks up.
This anime is unique because the story isnt what one can easily predict. There will be failures, a lot of them but still they keep going on. Characters are lively and memorable, the trait which i always look for in an anime. Take out some time for this one, you wont regret it.

Score
Story- 9
Art- 9
Music- 8
Characters- 10

- - - Updated - - -

New Gintama coming soon
And many more

Upcoming Spring releases

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Waiting eagerly for Gintama's return :D and excited to see new Digimon series as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Remove/resize that pic [MENTION=89186]Piyush[/MENTION]. It crashed my browser thrice. :mad:

Piyush

Lanaya
Started Golden Time
--------------
Completed:

Yahari Ore no... - Comedy, School, Romance
Season 1 (season 2 in April 2015)
Episodes 13

Not much to tell here. Protagonist here is anti social guy. Other female main character is a smart but somewhat loner as well. Somehow they both are made to work together in a club dedicated to solve people problems. I should mention that the conversation between 2 feels like from Monogatari series (Senjougahara and the guy, forgot his name). Waiting for second season because thats when story will pick pace since 1st season introduced characters mainly.

Score
Story- 7
Art- 8
Music- 7
Characters- 8

------------------

Kaicho wa Maid-sama - Romantic, Comedy, School, Slice of Life
Season 1
Episodes 26, 1 OVA

Now i know why so many people use the avatar of this series male protagonist. He is shown a cool and funny guy, yet composed and calm, and knowing almost everything that goes in world. Female main character is a school president who is working secretly as a maid in a maid cafe to help with financial issues. She is hard working, righteous, always ready to fight for sake of girl students. The animations are super funny. And the voice acting for many characters esp male protagonist is done so well. Totally fits the character being showed. A must watch. The only comedy short anime which was almost equally fun like Lovely Complex.

Score
Story- 9
Art- 10
Music- 8
Characters- 10

Here is my one of the favorite scene from this anime.
[youtube]VhOQmLs82e4[/youtube]

Top Bottom