Zotac GTX 670 AMP vs Asus Direct CU II Top

lol2

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

I ordered a GTX 670 AMP edition from my local dealer and when he tested the rig (so nice of him before delivering the system), temperature went beyond 90 C (when there was nothing installed, not even windows) and PC was automatically turned off

Now he has given me an option to either go for GTX 670 AMP again (as it was DOA) or Asus Direct CU II Top model (or any other model that you would like to suggest). There is a design flaw in Zotac GTX 670 AMP as mentioned in the techpowerup review here: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 670 AMP! Edition 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

Important: All data in this review was obtained after I repaired a major design error of the card. When I received it, the card ran extremely high temperatures, reaching beyond 100°C. This is caused by screws with integrated stop, that resulted in too little mounting pressure between GPU and heatsink. I added four metal washers, by removing the screws, adding the washer and putting the screws back. The cooler was not removed for this procedure, thermal paste was not changed.

Now I am a bit skeptical about buying Zotac GTX 670 AMP again, what if I again get a faulty card. My dealer is also suggesting to go for some other card.Need your suggestion on this.

Thanks
Chetan

***Guys its urgent please reply****

Darth Vader

In the zone
check this out too:
ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP 2 GB Review | techPowerUp
Yes, you've seen correctly, the ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP is the first graphics card ever that I gave a perfect ten score.

^ go for Asus GTX670 :)

akky89

Journeyman
go for asus.. i'm using its non-top version because of the availability of the top version...
was not able to find one in the market or anywhere.. so had to go with non-top
temps are good and the system is dead silent i just can't hear a thing in my caby....

so +1 to the Direct cu2 cooler

Top Bottom