Zone alarm too slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anshul

Journeyman
I have zone alarm 7 pro..............but it makes my PC startup and shutdown very slow.......I cant shut it down as I am constantly on a network........any help??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't use it....

Try Comodo, it is atleast faster than this and it is free.

OP
anshul

anshul

Journeyman
I have used it and find it annoying...as it asks for each and every step even if I opt for remember my settings..............

Raccoon

Journeyman
Zone alarm is supposed to be bloatware. I just stay far away from all bloatware. These Firewall/Antivirus/Spyware/etc, developers forget that PCs are ment to do other stuff... not just run security software!!!

One of the lightest firewalls (and safest!) I'v used was Looknstop. But it refused to work with dataone. Tried lots of things, including asking the developer. Finally just gave up.

afonofa

Journeyman
Upgrade to ZoneAlarm Pro v8.0.059.000. It shuts down and starts up faster than ZAP v7. If you are using any other anti-spyware for realtime scanning then you can turn off ZAP's anti-spyware, which will speed up ZAP and your comp. You can also turn off ZAP's anti-spyware if you are using an anti-virus which is good at detecting spyware(like Kaspersky AV).

Depending on whether your ZAP v7 license is purchased or pirated, it may or may not work with ZAP v8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom