ZEB-L2012 external tv tuner to cpu

funkygarzon

Broken In
hi all ,

Bought ZEB-L2012 and don't know how to connect with cpu for watching tv and doing work in computer. what is pip mode ? and how this hardware will help in both watching Tv and browsing net .

I already have internal tv tuner card and was using that , now the cable tv operator asked us to buy Set top box and set to box out come with 3 male pin and so we bought ZEB-L2012 and don't know how to connect it to cpu . We don't wanted to directly connected to lcd monitor but to cpu and tv channels under control of OS .

please help me connecting ZEB-L2012 to cpu.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you need to connect your set top box to tv tuner & then connect tv tuner to cpu using VGA output.there are 3 ports at the side of ZEB-L2012(yellow,white & red).yellow is for video,white for L(left) audio & red for R(right) audio.in your set top box these same 3 ports should be there so connect them.

OP
F

funkygarzon

Broken In
you need to connect your set top box to tv tuner & then connect tv tuner to cpu using VGA output.there are 3 ports at the side of ZEB-L2012(yellow,white & red).yellow is for video,white for L(left) audio & red for R(right) audio.in your set top box these same 3 ports should be there so connect them.

Thank you very much for your reply and help @whitestar ,

Before trying your technique , ZEB-L2012 device put into trouble , like now power is not coming , i think it is the worst product in the earth. so 22 $ is waste . ok whitestar leave that , please help me in giving a good solution ,i mean good device which will help me in connecting 3 pin from set top box into cpu so that i can control TV using cpu , i mean inside the Operating system , like pinnacle tv tuner , BTW we actually have pinnacle TV tuner but that doesn't take 3 pin option or it doesn't have 3 pin port for taking set top box input ... Hope you will give me the best solution .. Thanks in advance

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 pin option/RCA is actually the worst option in terms of picture quality.if you can not get a set top box with good quality output options like component then it doesn't matter even if you buy a $100 usb tv tuner because output from set top box will be poor quality.it will help if you post pics of various ports on your set top box,usb tv tuner & pinnacle tv tuner.

Top Bottom