"za best antispy - adaware at no 10" !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
cnet / download.com anti-spyware results are just out !
these r considered trustworthy & reputable
here is their new rating :
*i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/sc/32380240-2-120-0.gif
ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware
Norton
Trend Micro
Windows Defender
Webroot Spy Sweeper
Spyware Doctor
Spybot
CA
AdAware

*reviews.cnet.com/4520-3688_7-6721518-1.html?tag=nl.e757

shantanu

Technomancer
i am using windows defender, in XP and in VISTA... they work nicely for me.. and the most important thing is that its a part of windows only so not heavy on system.... :)

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
there r several reviews on the net. since cnet is a standard, i consider their reviews good enuf too.

now take for instance the adware report link. it rates spydoc at top. cud not dispute that ! next in line at no 2 is max secure spyware detector. it is from a pune based company. my review is here. zerospy, aluria (once a rogue anti-spy), stopzilla are among the top ten, while noteworthy misses are spybot, widowsdefender ... also i cud not find the link to their testing methodology ...

but then if all people agreed on all things, the world would be a dull place :D

so without getting personally involved in each issue i prefer to try to read all reviews and base my judgements on my/our personal experiences.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Yesterday my pc was infected by Trojan and ZA fails even to detect it. I run ZA internet security suite 3 times but all time ZA said all is OK but my XP System Alert pop up with Infection Message.

Switch to COMODO it detects Trojan with First Scan, now Good Bye to ZA.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
shantanu_webmaster said:
i am using windows defender, in XP and in VISTA... they work nicely for me.. and the most important thing is that its a part of windows only so not heavy on system.... :)

Do you have Genuine XP and VISTA?

Pathik

Google Bot
u can use them even wit pirated xp and vista.. Wga has been cracked long back and vga workarounds r also der

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah dude i have genuine Xp and vista... why not.. i think not only me , many members on this forum have genuine XP and Vista...

well truth is that i have not purchased it , i got it from Microsoft free of cost.. even vishal , gx_saurav, and anandk has also got it from M$, they are MVp thats why and i am LVP thats why :D:D:D

abhi1301

gEttIn 0uT@@@ BOXX
will some1 suggest me wat ANTI virus 2 put ??
i recently installed kaspersky but it's actin weired i feel :confused::confused::confused:

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
stic : za antispy dznt impress me 2 ! reviews apart, my personal favs have always been spydoc, spyswpr, ewido/avg, adaware, windefender, spybot ! the all-time greats :D

abhi : reg av; kav is good, but freeware avast/avg/avira r good too !

sabret00the

Youngling
I follow this sequence of removal of malwares in worst case scenario:-

1)I run Adaware SE Personal to start with
2)then I run Spy Sweeper (only problem being it takes a lot of time -but very effective)
3)Smitrem is another very good application
4)Lastly (if completely worst case) I run Hijackthis and uninstall the malwares by manual selection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom