suyashshinu

Right off the assembly line
i have decided to get blackberry z10 shall i go for it. i am getting it for 17990
i dont like android at all i cant afford ios so i have to go for windows or blackberry'
however plz suggest any android if it belong to sony or htc(not samsung)
i need
2g,3g
wifi
NFC
bluetooth
memory 8 gb and expandable
camera at least 8 mp(i am very specific)
battery at least 1800ma
price below 20,000
core: dual or quad
brand as i told you blackberry sony nokia or htc no indian brand or samsung
it would be good if you give at least 3 of total and tell the best

HTC's pricing is not good, it seems they are trying to compete with Apple

Sony Xperia SP vs Lenovo P780: Compare Mobiles: Flipkart.com

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i have decided to get blackberry z10 shall i go for it. i am getting it for 17990
i dont like android at all i cant afford ios so i have to go for windows or blackberry'
however plz suggest any android if it belong to sony or htc(not samsung)
i need
2g,3g
wifi
NFC
bluetooth
memory 8 gb and expandable
camera at least 8 mp(i am very specific)
battery at least 1800ma
price below 20,000
core: dual or quad
brand as i told you blackberry sony nokia or htc no indian brand or samsung
it would be good if you give at least 3 of total and tell the best

Get a lumia or a z10 android is terrible trust me
I don't own a bb10 so far but my cousin and family etc all have lumias,bb q5,z10 and iPhone 4s
If u need apps get a cheap android tablet in addition to a lumia and trust me its a much better experience than a android phone which will hang all the time etc
Most of the people in thinkdigit forums will probably booo me or something but fact is a fact,nokia is very dedicated to lumias and apps are better quality ones than android counterparts such as Facebook etc
Battery life and build quality is also superior

And for proof I have tried and tested every popular phone,os ,tablet and speak purely from experience
As for service centres ,nokia has the best followed by blackberry and then the lag droid service centres
I suggest u stay away from an android phone unless u have ur sights set on a moto g or a nexus device other than that none are worth the troubles for a few pirated apps etc IMO

Don

Broken In
Moto G is perfect buy for you. If want, check reviews and comparisons on youtube. If you mind having a basic featureless smartphone, go for lumias.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I told u these droid heads haven't seen anything else other than android after symbian collapsed and ios 1.0 was released
@don "featureless lumia,basic??" What are u in the past?
@op don't worry go for a lumia or a z10 or a nexus,moto g all are great phones but don't go by the android fanboys comments, these days all phones have the same features etc
The lumias are the kings in terms of battery life,camera quality,display,user interface and a very quality based app store
The z10 is a great phone as well but it has an android runtime since os10.2.1 and hence can run android apps but without google play services which means 95% android apps will work fine infact the z10 has been proven to run some android games better than a lot of quad core android phones despite being a dual core
The moto g,nexus 4,nexus 5 are the best phones in android and are worth but they lose out because of future possibility of android fragmentation and the battery life is lesser than the z10 and lumias
If u want games and piracy android is for u
If u want everything else, lumia or z10 is for u and yeah u can install cracked apks on the z10
Lumias and bb10s are better quality than android ,for proof just see the marketshare rise for wp8,the only reason android is surviving is piracy,easy to hack and steal info and chinese android phones etc
The apps on windows phone may be fewer but they work better than android counterparts such as the facebook app etc and the wp8 apps also don't hang,lag or ask for access to random suspicious parts of ur phone (android) also nokia is working hard on lumias and is releasing or porting apps all the time so development is on full scale and all lumias are usually treated equally so even if u buy a lumia 520 for 7-8k u will still have a solid performing phone which will run all apps which also run on the 1520 and higher end phones unlike android where ur cheap moto g in a year or so will start lagging or won't get the latest update
All lumias will be suported fully for updates upto 2016 and will get the next release of windows phone ie wp8.1
@android fanboys there is a world beyond android and piracy so if u haven't tried every os/phone available ,don't put them down like that
I own android devices too but no one uses them - nexus 7,note 2,nexus 4,lenovo a3000,lenovo a2107. And I speak by experience not by specs ,only android needs high end hardware for basic functions

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^my old galaxy y worked fine and lag free for 2 years on gingerbread despite being a low end phone.

@op if you can, then wait for moto x launch.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
^my old galaxy y worked fine and lag free for 2 years on gingerbread despite being a low end phone.

@op if you can, then wait for moto x launch.

Yeah right and my nokia 1100 had 4G
Don't mislead the op is open to platforms and try exaggerating about lagdroid
@op he's bullshitting google it if u don't believe me galaxy y is the worst android phone I've seen so far ,my friends year old galaxy y hangs worse than Chinese android phones
Google all this and ull see the truth for yourself

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
@kkn13 calm down people here are just suggesting....
@OP get xperia SP or Xperia C

Yeah but when people exaggerate and mislead its very irritating
@op even Xperias are good but depends on ur needs I suggest u try out all the phones mentioned such as the nexus series, Xperias ,lumias and z10 first

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
I told u these droid heads haven't seen anything else other than android after symbian collapsed and ios 1.0 was released
@don "featureless lumia,basic??" What are u in the past?
@op don't worry go for a lumia or a z10 or a nexus,moto g all are great phones but don't go by the android fanboys comments, these days all phones have the same features etc
The lumias are the kings in terms of battery life,camera quality,display,user interface and a very quality based app store
The z10 is a great phone as well but it has an android runtime since os10.2.1 and hence can run android apps but without google play services which means 95% android apps will work fine infact the z10 has been proven to run some android games better than a lot of quad core android phones despite being a dual core
The moto g,nexus 4,nexus 5 are the best phones in android and are worth but they lose out because of future possibility of android fragmentation and the battery life is lesser than the z10 and lumias
If u want games and piracy android is for u
If u want everything else, lumia or z10 is for u and yeah u can install cracked apks on the z10
Lumias and bb10s are better quality than android ,for proof just see the marketshare rise for wp8,the only reason android is surviving is piracy,easy to hack and steal info and chinese android phones etc
The apps on windows phone may be fewer but they work better than android counterparts such as the facebook app etc and the wp8 apps also don't hang,lag or ask for access to random suspicious parts of ur phone (android) also nokia is working hard on lumias and is releasing or porting apps all the time so development is on full scale and all lumias are usually treated equally so even if u buy a lumia 520 for 7-8k u will still have a solid performing phone which will run all apps which also run on the 1520 and higher end phones unlike android where ur cheap moto g in a year or so will start lagging or won't get the latest update
All lumias will be suported fully for updates upto 2016 and will get the next release of windows phone ie wp8.1
@android fanboys there is a world beyond android and piracy so if u haven't tried every os/phone available ,don't put them down like that
I own android devices too but no one uses them - nexus 7,note 2,nexus 4,lenovo a3000,lenovo a2107. And I speak by experience not by specs ,only android needs high end hardware for basic functions

+1 for this

Very true!
Piracy - Android
Quality-Lumia
Encryption-Apple

Former is least preferable but I think you should consider Lumias
Wait next month after Nokia's flagship Icon launches you my get 925 less than 20k or 1520 around 30k.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Low end Android lags a lot (below 12k). Myself have Galaxy Y and sometimes its so slow (only facebook and Hill climb racing apps are installed ), that i wish to throwaway. Lags a lot, so please don't mislead.

At 10k-> Xolo Q800-X edition is good / Lumia 525 is worth phone too.
At 14K-> Moto G is best
At 15-16k -> Micromax Canvas Turbo A250 ( suggesting because no other phone provides full hd screen and 2gb ram at that price , the mediatek processor ain't too bad unless you open 15-20 tabs on chrome ), there might be other phones too especially from Nokia which are of top notch.
Above 16k -> No idea but avoid MMX, XOLO, Gionee etc as you wouldn't want to waste so much money at this range.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Nice to see people backing me up on my experiences and claims!! Thanks
@op I suggest u check out the phones for yourself and see which one u like best first the phones I mentioned along with a few like xperia m and sp etc which the others mentioned are all the best phones in the segment , I would have suggested indian brands but their aftersales is where they lose out plus no unnofficial support/roms etc as well for most of them
But since u are open to other platforms they are not bad at all like some people here suggested , they have their limitations but for the end user who wants the best software and hardware combo with a quality app store
If u are into a lot of games and want to pirate games or something then yes android makes sense otherwise its a personal choice

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yeah right and my nokia 1100 had 4G
Don't mislead the op is open to platforms and try exaggerating about lagdroid
@op he's bullshitting google it if u don't believe me galaxy y is the worst android phone I've seen so far ,my friends year old galaxy y hangs worse than Chinese android phones
Google all this and ull see the truth for yourself

:deadbored:

I gave the Galaxy Y to my sister and it still works fine, don't know why you are being such a butthurt.

During the 2 years of my usage, I optimised the phone myself using tweaks from XDA so it may be the reason that your friend's galaxy y lags while mine doesn't. also, he may not even have rooted the phone and removed the samsung bloatware.

Edit:

Forgot to mention that Flappy Bird lags on a friend's new Xperia L on unrooted stock JB while it works without any glitch on that very same old Galaxy Y on GB.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
@saiyangoku Why are u so hell bent on trying to get the op to buy galaxy y and exaggerate so much bro? Just don't do that pls
My friend tried every possible rom on his galaxy y along with every tweak ec from xda but it still was slow and btw my friend is a AOSP android dev who was stuck with the galaxy y as exams were approaching and his other android devices such as htc one etc were confiscated and he bought this as it was a simple phone
Xperia L plays games better than galaxy y don't mislead again pls stick to real facts once again op doesn't want to buy a galaxy y

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@saiyangoku Why are u so hell bent on trying to get the op to buy galaxy y and exaggerate so much bro? Just don't do that pls
My friend tried every possible rom on his galaxy y along with every tweak ec from xda but it still was slow and btw my friend is a AOSP android dev who was stuck with the galaxy y as exams were approaching and his other android devices such as htc one etc were confiscated and he bought this as it was a simple phone
Xperia L plays games better than galaxy y don't mislead again pls stick to real facts once again op doesn't want to buy a galaxy y

:facepalm:

Read my original recommendation.

And I told what I experienced. Sure xperia l is a lot better phone compared to galaxy y, but its a finding (which may vary from user to user ) that one game lagged on it while it was fine on galaxy y.

Again, I'm not suggesting OP to buy a galaxy y.

anyways, its going way off topic, so EOD.

Don

Broken In
Point here is Android is better OS than others in market. For example, important fact is that, you can play Flappy bird on both galaxy Y and xperia L, and not on Nokia Chumias. Also
1. No file manager.
2. Very less number of apps compared to android and iOS.
3. No basic functions- ex. - you cant search music anyhow in music player. Shittiest thing ever. Even symbians had search.
4.Apps are released after a long time after releasing on android and iphones.
5. Apps which are free on android are paid. Angry bird?? Wtf??
6. Oh yes, forget about downloading anything. You just cant. No download and file manager.
7. Monotonous UI.
8. No true multitasking.

Enjoy.

@op, buy wisely depending on your needs.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Point here is Android is better OS than others in market. For example, important fact is that, you can play Flappy bird on both galaxy Y and xperia L, and not on Nokia Chumias. Also
1. No file manager.
2. Very less number of apps compared to android and iOS.
3. No basic functions- ex. - you cant search music anyhow in music player. Shittiest thing ever. Even symbians had search.
4.Apps are released after a long time after releasing on android and iphones.
5. Apps which are free on android are paid. Angry bird?? Wtf??
6. Oh yes, forget about downloading anything. You just cant. No download and file manager.
7. Monotonous UI.
8. No true multitasking.

Enjoy.

@op, buy wisely depending on your needs.

Android may be a better OS in terms of marketshare,but Windows Phone has quality App Store much better than android!
Plus Nokia's exclusive apps (Mix,Camera,etc) and Microsoft Cloud Services and softwares(Azure,Office,Onedrive,etc.) make it stand apart!
It never lags due to amazing hardware & software optimization.
If you really consider UI,it's opinion changes from person to person!
(E.g If you hand over a Lumia & Android to older generation of course Lumia will be more user friendly right?Only experienced user like me & you know how to efficiently use it!)
If you check hardware and built quality only few companies are front runners and any lay man can name them right?(Nokia,Apple,HTC)
File Manager is now unofficially available on WP8 (Check Xda) & Windows promises support in next update!
Frequent software updates(No need to talk on this;Most power users root their phones and install custom ROMs)
About paid apps;Dude what can Microsoft do if developer decides to make an app paid over cross platform devices!
Most impressive feature!Digital fortress can't be hacked(Else everyone knows ASOP is such prone to hackers that many few people use Google Wallet services)

Don

Broken In
1. Google also gives tight integration of cloud services, msft doing nothing different in that part.
2. Doesnt lag - thats right. But as you said only exprience used can know the difference. I remember looking at those 4 loading dots whenever i open any app and thinking why i bought this phone. It is worse than lag.
3. File manager is being promised from a long time, cant believe them anymore. And does xda app has all modification rights?
4. Msft can do definitely about it. Its their market, they control it.
5.security - yes, ill give you that one.

Looking at it, it comes down to whats your usage. If someone wants basic phone without much power usage, lumias are good.

Top Bottom