Youtube videos don't appear nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerUser

Journeyman
I downloaded some videos from youtube through the youtube downloader, changing them to the avi format.But when I view it in full screen, the video doesn't appear nice.Small boxes appear:confused: and make the video a wastage.How can I make the videos appear good?

Sykora

I see right through you.
The videos are uploaded at a very low resolution, in order to conserve space. If they stored it at full resolution, it'd be _huge_. Thus the videos are best viewed at small screen. At larger sizes, the videos get pixelated. Sadly, almost nothing you get at youtube will be of high resolution.

In short, there isn't anything you can do, except view them at smaller sizes.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Yes it is not possible to make them look good... Get an flv player and look at lower resolution. That is the best you can do..

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
It's right that there is no way, but the quality is further deteriorated if you first download it in *.flv format and then convert it to avi. I suggest you use *vixy.net , it's a free online video converter. You can download it in a format supported by your PC, Mac, Mobile Phone, or iPod.

Sykora

I see right through you.
If you're not going to do anything dramatic with it, just watch it in the flv format.

shaunak

Tux Fan
You tube videos have a max resolution of 320x240 pixels.
An avarage 15" screen runs at a resolution of 1024*728 Pixels.
Moral of the story:
you cant fit square pegs in round holes.

Solution:
Try reducing you screen resolution to 640*480. Will help a bit.

or

Try resizing you video with pro software. Read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom