YouTube goes native for S60 3rd Edition !

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajhot

S60 rocks
Hot on the heels of their new Mobile site, YouTube has now also released an official (native) S60 client application. It is compatible with most S60 3rd Edition phones. The video quality is good, and looks to have been optimised for QVGA screen resolution. There's a basic interface to browse and search through YouTube's extensive video catalog. All videos are shown in full screen, but widescreen videos are shown in a 'letter-box' format. Read on for more information and screenshots.

Source : *www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/9159_YouTube_goes_native_S60-for_3r.php

k4ce

Youngling
yeah its nice actually ... but i still prefer downloadin using comp and then playin wid coreplayer ... mayb after we get faster data connections in india , it might be more useful

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Quite good when used over BSNL 3G, buffering is there but not much. It would have been better if it downloads the streams, saves it the memory card as a cache & then deletes when the stream is finished playing.

utsav

damn busy...
Worked perfectly fine without any buffering on Airtel EDGE .cool. But the video quality isnt gr8. I'd better download thru mobitubia .

expertno.1

Technomancer
S60 v2 owners like n70 , 6680 , etc dont worry , i have the software to play youtube on my n70 too i.e flv .

Its called TCPMP/CORE PLAYER

so enjoy guys !

Hmm.. could do this on my WinMo right from the time i cooked my first rom, Youtube ripped from diamond works perfectly :) And with IE 6, Opera 9.5 and flashlite 3.5, the videos now even work right from the brwoser.

expertno.1

Technomancer
yep in core player too videos directly work ,there are channels visible and you browse and see , you can set the quality too i.e you can se it to play in HD ALSO , it has internal AVC decoder for decoding it, and in such a cheap phone of rs 9000 , what you expect !

it can play ogg,sdp,mp3,wav,flv,ape,aac,etc whatever you think off .

BETTER PART OF IT,

YOU CAN PLAY MATROSKA VIDEOS TOOOO !

So s60 v2 go and load it .....

Thanks
Regards.....
Expertno.1

expertno.1

Technomancer
^^s60 ones are also not free , but i got it one for free as being a beta tester ........although cr@@k versions are available , you can get it ....

shashank_re

In the zone
I have tried Coreplayer, Mobitubia and mTube for watching youtube videos. But none of them work :( All of them give various errors :(
Iam using N73 with Vodafone Connection..
Did anyone have success till now on N73 with Vodafone??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom