Your Wallpaper

cooldip10

In the zone
*img220.imageshack.us/img220/751/wallpaperbeybladept4.th.jpg

: My Brother uses this one. Made using Adobe Photoshop 7

And mine is(Using Some Chip Chaps):
*img221.imageshack.us/img221/3835/mydesktop5nf3.th.jpg

Another one(Talisman): But I didn't keep it for much time as it makes my pc slow:
*img221.imageshack.us/img221/1122/mydesktop7lz1.th.jpg

Thor said:
*Give a Bow* to NIGHTMARE ! Thx m8! Now I hv taken a liking to Kelly Brook
I got this wall of her from www.pixelhigh.com . Knock yerself out.
Will post the nxt Wall when I Change this one!
@Tech Genius
Thats a Wall which gives ya Peace!!

hey what the!!

The site didn't contain any Tech related wallpapers!!

Last edited:

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
@cooldip10
LOL.
I didn't say that site has any *tech WPs* ..
NIGHTMARE like the Wall of Miss.Kelly Brook , and I gave him the link from where I got it.

pushkardey

Right off the assembly line
Kiran_tech_mania said:
I keep on changing my Wallpapers frequently. Becoz it's boring to keep the same one all the time.
For this week, it's Bhoomika Chawla here! ;-)

*i142.photobucket.com/albums/r116/kiran_rkk/My_desktop.jpg
hi kiran i wanted to know how u changed the name of that start button..... and hell u have a good laptop >:)

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
Hi pushkardey,u want 2 change name of Start Button.

Step 1 – Modify Explorer.exe File

Explorer.exe located at C:\Windows needs to be edited. Since explorer.exe is a binary file it requires a special editor. here to download Resource Hacker.

The first step is to make a backup copy of the file explorer.exe located at C:\Windows\explorer. Place it in a folder somewhere on your hard drive where it will be safe. Start Resource Hacker and open explorer.exe .

The category we are going to be using is String Table. Expand it by clicking the plus sign then navigate down to and expand string 37 followed by highlighting 1033. If you are using the Classic Layout rather than the XP Layout, use number 38. The right hand pane will display the stringtable as shown in Fig. 02. We’re going to modify item 578, currently showing the word “start” just as it displays on the current Start button.

Just double click on the word “start” so that it’s highlighted, making sure the quotation marks are not part of the highlight. They need to remain in place, surrounding the new text that you’ll type. Go ahead and type your new entry. In my case I used RajuDuttaTiwari

Click Compile Script and then save the altered file using the Save As command on the File Menu. Do not use the Save command – Make sure to use the Save As command and choose a name for the file.
Example:-explorerRajuDuttaTiwari.exe

Step 2 – Modify the Registry

now modify the registry . go to Start >Run and type regedit in the Open: field. Navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\ Winlogon

double click the Shell entry to open the Edit String dialog box . enter the name that was used to save the modified explorerRajuDuttaTiwari.exe file. Click OK.

Close Registry Editor and either log off the system and log back in, or reboot the entire system if that’s your preference.
:grin:

Last edited:

cooldip10

In the zone
LEARNER_LEARNER said:
Hey cooldip your 2nd Desktop is very good yaar.

ThanX.. You can also have it using Talisman. Mind u, It takes a lot of time to login and eats up a little more memory.

Here's the download site:
*www.lighttek.com/talisman.htm

size: around 7MB.

And also Thanx for telling the way to modify the Start Button. :)

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
Its all right yaar.
originally posted by cooldip10
ThanX.. You can also have it using Talisman. Mind u, It takes a lot of time to login and eats up a little more memory.

Here's the download site:
*www.lighttek.com/talisman.htm

size: around 7MB.

And also Thanx for telling the way to modify the Start Button. :smile:

dosto ko ThanX nahi Kahte nd ThanX 4 This softy link but i'm a Linux User cooldip.:grin::grin::grin:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
pushkardey said:
hi kiran i wanted to know how u changed the name of that start button..... and hell u have a good laptop >:)

Sorry for delayed reply. I didn't follow up this thread...

Anyways, regarding changing the "Start" button text, I have already posted it in tutorial section.

TUTORIAL: Effective Way to change the "start" button text in Windows XP

LEARNER_LEARNER said:
Hi pushkardey,u want 2 change name of Start Button.
Step 1 – Modify Explorer.exe File

Explorer.exe located at C:\Windows needs to be edited. Since explorer.exe is a binary file it requires a special editor. here to download Resource Hacker.
The first step is to make a backup copy of the file explorer.exe located at C:\Windows\explorer. Place it in a folder somewhere on your hard drive where it will be safe. Start Resource Hacker and open explorer.exe .
The category we are going to be using is String Table. Expand it by clicking the plus sign then navigate down to and expand string 37 followed by highlighting 1033. If you are using the Classic Layout rather than the XP Layout, use number 38. The right hand pane will display the stringtable as shown in Fig. 02. We’re going to modify item 578, currently showing the word “start” just as it displays on the current Start button.
Just double click on the word “start” so that it’s highlighted, making sure the quotation marks are not part of the highlight. They need to remain in place, surrounding the new text that you’ll type. Go ahead and type your new entry. In my case I used RajuDuttaTiwari
Click Compile Script and then save the altered file using the Save As command on the File Menu. Do not use the Save command – Make sure to use the Save As command and choose a name for the file.
Example:-explorerRajuDuttaTiwari.exe
Step 2 – Modify the Registry
now modify the registry . go to Start >Run and type regedit in the Open: field. Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows NT\ CurrentVersion\ Winlogon
double click the Shell entry to open the Edit String dialog box . enter the name that was used to save the modified explorerRajuDuttaTiwari.exe file. Click OK.
Close Registry Editor and either log off the system and log back in, or reboot the entire system if that’s your preference.
:grin:

Learner and Cooldip10:

This method is buggy. It will cease the "search" function in right-click context menu on "Start" button. Use the method I have given in above link. It's absolutely safe. :)

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
here is my mac desktop:

*img150.imageshack.us/img150/7501/screenshot01ry7.th.jpg

hard_rock

Salieri Family
CINTEL ENTRINO said:
my desktop..... :)

*maxupload.com/thumb/281313D3.png

Exactly same here man.. Vista CG theme+ That wallpaper..Except the icons there on your desktop... I hate icons on desktop..Only a single folder for easy access on desktop...

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
Originally posted by Kiran_tech_mania
Learner and Cooldip10:
This method is buggy. It will cease the "search" function in right-click context menu on "Start" button. Use the method I have given in above link. It's absolutely safe.
dil par kyon lete ho yaar,.only help but i was forgatte rules yaar .smile plz yaar:):)

Wow really nice wallie iMav.
heres mine
*img205.imageshack.us/img205/4370/wallpaper8hn4.th.jpg
Click on 4 big resolution

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
LEARNER_LEARNER said:
dil par kyon lete ho yaar,.only help but i was forgatte rules yaar .smile plz yaar:):)

Dil par maine liya nahi hai yaar. I was already smiling in that post. :) I was telling the bugs in the method you have given. You don't want people here to use your method and get into problems, right? Lagta hai ki tumne dil par leliya hai...;)
Chill-out.

rajivrocks

Broken In
kunaltech said:
if we are making out desktop as we can see the above one which is posted by rajiv does that effects ram. i think by creating that it puts lots of load in ram and it decrease the speed of a system. and can any one tell me how do i make the desktop feel like rajiv's desktop. rajiv can u share this with me

sorry for the late reply actually i was busy with my examz..
see kunal its true that modifying your Desktop might increase the RAM usage, but its not true that it puts lots of load in RAM..
I was using these three Softwares with my 256MB RAM and my P.C. was working fine but i upgrated my RAM(512+256MB) recently.

well in my case i have installed three softwares:-
Royale Theme-- Download Here
Cursor XP-- Download Here
Objectdock-- Download Here

in my previous post the theme was not visible only the cursor and Docks were visible, my theme looks like -

*img166.imageshack.us/img166/882/deskmu9.jpg *img172.imageshack.us/img172/2292/12437687pk0sv4.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/%5BURL=*imageshack.us%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6284/deskbk6.jpg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

Top Bottom