Your NFS Carbon Gaming Performance Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I have seen many people ask what kind of performance they would get with NFS Carbon, that is why I started this thread.

Tips:

*Use the second card instead of the first, as in the demo that increases performance greatly in terms of smoothness.

*Expect the full version, patches and newer drivers to remove a lot of performance issues, especially with nvidia cards.

*The game is highly CPU limited even at settings as high as 12x10 MAX no AA, however as you up the eyecandy further, it tends to become less CPU limited. Nevertheless, a lower CPU like A64 @ 2.2-2.6GHz should manage decent performance (especially at or above 2.4-2.6GHz) with a good card.

Official Demo Minimum System Requirements

Windows XP Service Pack 2 (32Bit Edition only), Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 operating system Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent) CPU running at 1.7GHz or higher
64MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (NVIDIA Geforce4 Ti/ATI Radeon 8500 or higher) using a supported chipset (see below) 512MB RAM DirectX compatible sound card

If you meet these requirements you would probably manage something between 640x480 lowest to 800x600 low settings.

Akshay's Minimum Recommended Requirements

Intel 2.4GHz-2.8GHz
1GB RAM
128MB Geforce 6600GT

I haven't ever tried but I could expect such a system to deliver decent performance at 10x7 low to med settings at the very very most.

Akshay' Decent Performance Requirements

Intel 3GHz or AMD 64 system
1-2GB RAM (Don't know how intensive the game is)
256MB Geforce 7600GS

I think this system should do 10x7 Medium settings or may something turned up a notch.

Akshay's Recommended Requirements

Intel 4GHz or AMD 64 3800 or Dual Cores(preferably X2 or C2D)
1-2GB RAM
256MB Geforce 7600GT/7800GT level GPU

Such a system would probably manage 10x7 MAX settings without AA.

*www.elitebastards.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=193&Itemid=29

You can clearly see that Nvidia cards aren't performing well because of the issues. Also, powerful cards like X1800XT from ATi can't provide playable gaming experience even at 12x10 without AA. The 1950Pro is better but not up to the mark. However the 1900XTX remains playable even at 1600x1200 with 4x AA!

Remember, they use a C2D E6600. I got around 40FPS at 12x10 no AA unlike their 65FPS because of my A64 Winchester @ 2.4GHz primarily I think. However once they used 4x AA, their FPS dropped to 54 while mine didn't change as my game is CPU limited unlike theirs. So, don't expect the same performance as them unless you have atleast a decent system playing with a lot of eyecandy.

The definitition of playable in FPS terms according to me is an average of 40 or atleast nearly 40FPS.

S

shashank_digitreader

will it work on MX 4000 or the 3d analyer might help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom