Your impression of Panasonic Eluga S ( Moto G fans, stay away !)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Asus Zenphone 2 will trump them all (199$ variant)

Very VFM IMO, im waiting for the indian launch right now, hopefully the 2 GB 1080p variant will launch at a respectable price <Rs 15k

Last edited:
OP
R

rdx_halo

In the zone
Asus Zenphone 2 will trump them all (199$ variant)
Yes very true. I think I will wait for it, but till then I have to use a Sony Ericsson dumb phone. Zenfone 5, I can't live with battery problem. Power bank is not practical for me. How is redmi 1s? Mi phones have slightly low network power as I have experienced from my mi3. If I enter a large building, the signal drops significantly to one/two bar. And if the signal is itself on the lower side, I don't get coverage.

$hadow

Geek in making
Yes very true. I think I will wait for it, but till then I have to use a Sony Ericsson dumb phone. Zenfone 5, I can't live with battery problem. Power bank is not practical for me. How is redmi 1s? Mi phones have slightly low network power as I have experienced from my mi3. If I enter a large building, the signal drops significantly to one/two bar. And if the signal is itself on the lower side, I don't get coverage.

Well that is many times network provider problem since the phones are rarely culprit of these situation.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Well that is many times network provider problem since the phones are rarely culprit of these situation.

no actually in this case,Xiaomi does have known network issues which they have refused to address(my friends experience with mi3's speaker and reception was bad,he ended up selling it to get a Moto G 2013)

- - - Updated - - -

Redmi 1s has the same issues + overheating

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Have you seen this phone? My concern is only 1 GB ram and camera quality of lenovo. Will it get lollipop update? Now I have two choices Asus zenfone 5 vs lenovo A6000. Lenovo does not have gorilla glass protection.

don't worry about glass, every gorrilla glass breaks, though it "does not break"
my Xperia M with TFT screen with a scratchguard fell from from 1st floor in a duplex house and nothing happened. i am using s-line tpu case which protects all sides(including buttons)

OP
R

rdx_halo

In the zone
No buddy, me and my friend are using same network. Compared with him in same location. Its not very problematic in mi3 but in redmi 1s is really a concern. Googled and found a lot of Indian threads discussing these problem.
Actually, moto g is best but I have to get an alternative....

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
No buddy, me and my friend are using same network. Compared with him in same location. Its not very problematic in mi3 but in redmi 1s is really a concern. Googled and found a lot of Indian threads discussing these problem.
Actually, moto g is best but I have to get an alternative....

I suggest you wait for better handsets(Zenfone 2 etc) or increase your budget so you get a phone to tick all the right boxes for you(One Plus One etc) instead of "settling" for phones with issues(battery,reception,overheating,Roms etc)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
don't worry about glass, every gorrilla glass breaks, though it "does not break"
my Xperia M with TFT screen with a scratchguard fell from from 1st floor in a duplex house and nothing happened. i am using s-line tpu case which protects all sides(including buttons)

Its not about breaking issue. Its about screen getting scratched with normal usage. I've demonstrated the quality of screen used in both Redmi 1s and my E970 to my relatives using keys, fingernails, coins, knife and a screwdriver which were unable to scratch any of them. When I asked them whether they'll do this to their phones, they said "it'll scratch it badly if not split the screen in half" :lol:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Its not about breaking issue. Its about screen getting scratched with normal usage. I've demonstrated the quality of screen used in both Redmi 1s and my E970 to my relatives using keys, fingernails, coins, knife and a screwdriver which were unable to scratch any of them. When I asked them whether they'll do this to their phones, they said "it'll scratch it badly if not split the screen in half" :lol:

yep I can confirm what [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] says is true,as well
I have a Lumia 820 and a 720
820 doesnt have gorilla glass despite being a "high end phone"(was priced at 32k earlier)
720 has gorilla glass and cost me 20k
the 820 has alot of scratches whereas my 720 is spotless

$hadow

Geek in making
oh I have no idea that Xiaomi has network issue coz now a days it is service provider fault more than the phone if you have crappy signal.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
oh I have no idea that Xiaomi has network issue coz now a days it is service provider fault more than the phone if you have crappy signal.

yep im facing it myself on my phones
Lumia 720 on Idea,820 on airtel and Nexus 5 on vodafone and all three have terrible issues this month
I live in the heart of Mumbai and still I have issues
itll show full bars etc on all 3 phones and when i try to call someone,it just goes blank or says "call dropped" and data etc says no connection despite full bars
the only solution is to keep checking for "call drop" and a reboot to bring back network
This is really pathetic and unreliable especially in a city like Mumbai where youd expect atleast some amount of better service

OP
R

rdx_halo

In the zone
Asus zenfone 5
Lenovo a6000
Yu Yureka
Which among these offer most stable ui and os?
Nowadays most budget handsets offer good specs but I came to realize that a stable os is most important.

OP
R

rdx_halo

In the zone
yep I can confirm what [MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION] says is true,as well
I have a Lumia 820 and a 720
820 doesnt have gorilla glass despite being a "high end phone"(was priced at 32k earlier)
720 has gorilla glass and cost me 20k
the 820 has alot of scratches whereas my 720 is spotless
Yes, even my wife's lumia 520 has toughened glass, not gorilla Glass. Even after 1.5 years it's still scratch less. Gorilla glass is a very necessary feature, but unfortunately, like helmet people don't realize how important they are!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Asus zenfone 5
Lenovo a6000
Yu Yureka
Which among these offer most stable ui and os?
Nowadays most budget handsets offer good specs but I came to realize that a stable os is most important.

Yu Yureka has CM which is the best iteration of android,followed by Zenfone's Zen UI(out of the phones mentioned that is)
overall Zenfone is the best option
I dont really trust MMX products reliability though software wise Yureka is the best,not hardware wise(build quality etc)
Id still suggest increasing your budget and getting a One Plus One for the CM experience and a jump in build quality if you are keen on good software in the phone

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yu Yureka has CM which is the best iteration of android,followed by Zenfone's Zen UI(out of the phones mentioned that is)
overall Zenfone is the best option
I dont really trust MMX products reliability though software wise Yureka is the best,not hardware wise(build quality etc)
Id still suggest increasing your budget and getting a One Plus One for the CM experience and a jump in build quality if you are keen on good software in the phone

Oneplus One costs 22k while Yu Yureka is 9k. That's a difference of 13k. :|

@OP, If you can get Yureka, get it. Even though it has sd615, its a risky purchase. I wanted to get one to test it out but couldn't because people who want to leech off it keep buying it in huge numbers.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Oneplus One costs 22k while Yu Yureka is 9k. That's a difference of 13k. :|

@OP, If you can get Yureka, get it. Even though it has sd615, its a risky purchase. I wanted to get one to test it out but couldn't because people who want to leech off it keep buying it in huge numbers.

yeah i know
i meant if someone really wants CM and a good phone,budget aside,the OPO is a safer bet

$hadow

Geek in making
yep im facing it myself on my phones
Lumia 720 on Idea,820 on airtel and Nexus 5 on vodafone and all three have terrible issues this month
I live in the heart of Mumbai and still I have issues
itll show full bars etc on all 3 phones and when i try to call someone,it just goes blank or says "call dropped" and data etc says no connection despite full bars
the only solution is to keep checking for "call drop" and a reboot to bring back network
This is really pathetic and unreliable especially in a city like Mumbai where youd expect atleast some amount of better service

Too bad. i once had similar expeiance with Reliance and ported to Airtel and since then journey has been fun.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Too bad. i once had similar expeiance with Reliance and ported to Airtel and since then journey has been fun.

its sad that such issues keep happening,i mean a phone has become a necessity of sorts nowadays
even if data refuses to work i can understand but calls should atleast work
more than the social aspect (which imho is something we shouldnt rely on solely) ,its a means of communication during an emergency

$hadow

Geek in making
its sad that such issues keep happening,i mean a phone has become a necessity of sorts nowadays
even if data refuses to work i can understand but calls should atleast work
more than the social aspect (which imho is something we shouldnt rely on solely) ,its a means of communication during an emergency

Looks like I need to start using pager for emergency. :-D

Top Bottom