Your graphics card search ends here!

Were you satisfied with the GFX cards review by DiGit this month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Honestly the graphics card review in this month's DiGit was very poor. The prices were very strange. Anyways there has been many graphics cards related queries in the hardware forum. So I thought of showing some reviews of graphics cards complete with some good graphs. So Best of Luck and get the dream rig. (Till ur pocket allows)
To directly view the graphs click here for AGP based cards:here
for full story click here
To directly view the graphs click here for PCI Express based cards:here
Full Story click here
And Byte please see the results of this poll.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
dude....there r always better reviews on the internet...tomshardware, anandtech and cnet r good places 2 get hardware reviews....so cool it...digit may have messed up their reviews, but every1 knows where 2 find good reviews on the internet....

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
International reviews do help to a certain extent but Indian buyers be better off taking help from friends and such since card buying here can be affected by a lot of factors like availability, prices :twisted: , channel partners etc.

However i gotta agree that the digit gfx card review was extremely poor.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
finally ...and I thought I was the only one feeling that the review was poor. Even after several reviews and comparisons and generaly coming to the concensus that the Ati Raedon series 9600 and 9800 pro are superior in terms of pricing and performance still they awarded the nvidia 5 series....which I found a bit confusing. :?

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Nemesis said:
dude....there r always better reviews on the internet...tomshardware, anandtech and cnet r good places 2 get hardware reviews....so cool it...digit may have messed up their reviews, but every1 knows where 2 find good reviews on the internet....

in dat case everything that digit prints IS there on internet sumwhere,
whats the need for printing a mag,nd in turn buying it!!!!??? :wink:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
but where is the prices of the card in indian Rs?????? i dont know of others but ot me price is the biggest factor.......

[poWer]

Oldskool TranceAddict
CERTAINLY DIGIT REVIEWS SUXS. and the prices are wrong (way too high). reviews on net are much better and informative moreover HALF-LIFE2 and DOOM3 do partiality with cards of nVidia and ATi as is known.
So they are better off using HALO2.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
[poWer said:
]CERTAINLY DIGIT REVIEWS SUXS. and the prices are wrong (way too high). reviews on net are much better and informative moreover HALF-LIFE2 and DOOM3 do partiality with cards of nVidia and ATi as is known.
So they are better off using HALO2.

Halo 2 umm...........it still not the PC yet dude ! :lol:

OP
geek_rohit

geek_rohit

In the zone
THG Graphics Card Buyers Guide

Here's the complete THG Graphics Card Buyers Guide. The THG Graphics Card Buyer's Guide has been written to be a guideline for the purchase of a new graphics card. It aids beginners in selecting the right model with the right feature set, and explains the newest technologies and features.
Click here.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Now Thats A Great going Mate.....Looks Like U Are a Big Fan Of Tommy Here :lol: (Wish There was A Desi Site too For This Dude :wink: )

Btw @[poWer] Halo 2 Has time Now To Lay Its Foot In The Pc Format......Dam That Microsoft And Its Releases.....Also Halo 1 Sucked Badly For The PC Dun Know Why It was The Game That Created The Xbox :wink:

OP
geek_rohit

geek_rohit

In the zone
allwyndlima said:
Now Thats A Great going Mate.....Looks Like U Are a Big Fan Of Tommy Here :lol: (Wish There was A Desi Site too For This Dude :wink: )
No Andy I'm not a big fan of Tommy. Infact came to know of their site very recently. My point of posting this thread was to give the users an idea of the current GFX card market scene. Even if Tommy is a international site, the cards reviewed in it are available here too. Since diGit did not even bother to give the score sheets of the benchmarks in the GFX card review I thought this thread would clear the queries of many users as there were many posts regarding which card was best and how it fared. Moreover Tommy's site has got a fantastic guide called the complete THG Graphics Card Buyers Guide. It has been written to be a guideline for the purchase of a new graphics card. It aids beginners in selecting the right model with the right feature set, and explains the newest technologies and features.
Click here to read it.
PS: BTW below the table showing the names of the cards with their tier 1 & 2 scores in the diGit mag there is written "for the full results please log on to thinkdigit.com". Sorry but I could not find the full results on the website. Could anyone please tell me where to find it.
EDITED:
Now they have given the link for the full results. Thanks a lot diGit.
Peace...

OP
geek_rohit

geek_rohit

In the zone
BTW has any one happened to see the Report card under the Select tab on the thinkdigit.com website. Go to the report card link on the homepage, then go to graphics card link, and if you hoped to see the likes of nVidia FX5700 or the 6800GT. Hold it, its the Asus V7700 GeForce2 Ultra there! :shock: That too for Rs 38,000!!!!!! :shock:
Now when will diGit think of updating the site. Man, in the worlds of the 6800s its the GeForce2 there. C'mon diGit we expect a better show from you. Please maintain the site of our favorite technology magazine. Or atleast remove such very old reviews.

cybershastri

Journeyman
I want to buy a graphics card but i am unable to decide which one. My budget is around 6k. Can anyone suggest me a suitable graphics card. Thanks (in advance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom