Your Gaming Backlog/Progress Report!

quicky008

Technomancer
What kind of fps do people generally get in ac origins at med-high settings at 900p?

I tested it on a system with a 1060 6gb and even at 900p the fps were dropping to the low 30s in certain areas.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
What kind of fps do people generally get in ac origins at med-high settings at 900p?

I tested it on a system with a 1060 6gb and even at 900p the fps were dropping to the low 30s in certain areas.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
It's well optimized for AMD. I am getting constant 60 at max settings at 1080p frame limited from the amd control panel. This is on a Vega 56.

Edit: my mistake, I misread that as AC Odyssey which is the current game that I am playing. Not Origins.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Man, the Alien's AI is very smart. It will zero in towards you if you make any sound, even the beeps from the motion tracker can attract it. However, you get a fighting chance when you get the flamethrower. One puff from the flamethrower will cause the Alien to run away for a short while, so you can use that to switch hiding places or to make progress if the Alien is hindering you.

Biggest challenge is finishing the game without killing anyone.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Its not that much scary, only scare is the survival from Alien.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Agree with this, the alien is not scary. What is scary is when you die you have to restart from last checkpoint losing all the progress till your current position.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Man, the Alien's AI is very smart. It will zero in towards you if you make any sound, even the beeps from the motion tracker can attract it. However, you get a fighting chance when you get the flamethrower. One puff from the flamethrower will cause the Alien to run away for a short while, so you can use that to switch hiding places or to make progress if the Alien is hindering you.

Biggest challenge is finishing the game without killing anyone.
AI in this game is excellent. Even if you don't hide properly the Android will catch you or any other Human
I tried to fight with a group of looters using my revolver and they have excellent AI in shooting. got killed many times.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
AI in this game is excellent. Even if you don't hide properly the Android will catch you or any other Human
I tried to fight with a group of looters using my revolver and they have excellent AI in shooting. got killed many times.
Fighting with the humans/androids can also attract the Alien. I once tried to distract a bunch of looters with a noise grenade so that I could sneak by. But the noise also attracted the Alien, it came and killed them all lol.

Zangetsu

Yes making Noise and attracting Alien is good choice to get rid of the looters. But do Alien kills the Android ?
Right now I have the following Blueprints:
Medi Kit
Pipe Bomb
Smoke Bomb
Flash Bang
Flare Stick
Noise Maker
EMP
Molotov cocktails

Zangetsu

Finally Completed Alien: Isolation.
Excellent survival horror game though it is not scary but I only got jump scared on the Gas Mask Wearing Animation. *No Kidding*..it was a shocker.

Graphics is excellent so is the Alien detailing and AI is the best I've seen in this game. even the Enemies will spot you quickly.
Many times the Alien pulled me out of the vent and I was surprised.
The Alien keeps roaming in the same room back & forth so, it becomes unpredictable when he returns. But it was fun playing Hide&Seek
Sound is also fantastic.
Gameplay is superb but I think most of the weapons are pretty useless except for Flame thrower, Shotgun, Pipe Bomb and EMP.
Also the facial expression and dialogues were out of sync.

Some levels I died many times, such as the one where the Marine Commandos & Alien are present and you have to catch the lift.

Must play for all survival horror fans.

+Completed the 2 DLC also.

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Man that space walking finale was awesome. Didn't like the cliffhanger ending though.

Try SOMA next, its not very scary as well but the story and setting is awesome.

Flash

Lost in speed
Must play game in hack & slash
Ya. Completed it yesterday. Liked the Nemesis system and the unique skills of each and every Warchief or Captain.
I felt the Climax is abruptly small as there's no big boss fight as compared to the Hack n Slash genre games. Just QTE events to destroy Sauron.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
No full form.

SOMA on Steam

It's made by the same guys who made Amnesia and Penumbra series. Though this one is less scary (but scary nonetheless) and has more emphasis on puzzles. Also great pacing and story.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Penumbra was too unsettling for me as a kid.

Im awaiting Dont Starve : Hamlet release.
Currently I have 200 hours in shipwrecked alone :D

Top Bottom