Your choice of hi-fi speakers and your take on BOSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks!
What’s your favorite brand of hi-fi speakers? Or do you prefer computer speakers for listening to music? What’s your take on BOSE and how do you find their audio systems?

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Favorite brand - Bang & Olufsen (the pinnacle of sexiness)
Currently using:
(here in India): Sony generic 1500W system
(at home in the US): Kenwood full sized floor speakers in the living room, Denon amp + Yamaha speakers in the bedroom

Never used a computer speaker in the past five years. I prefer headphones when I'm with my laptop or PC.

Bose is just overpriced crap. I'm sure many would tell otherwise, but I've used them in the past. They're good but just not worth the money. A lot of people think that Bose are the Mercedes and Cadillac of the audio world but they are oh-so-wrong.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Got them a while back off eBay..

My amp's in the U.S., so I'm missing out on the simple pleasures of life right now. :(

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Bose is just overpriced crap. I'm sure many would tell otherwise, but I've used them in the past. They're good but just not worth the money. A lot of people think that Bose are the Mercedes and Cadillac of the audio world but they are oh-so-wrong.

Overpriced...correct, but they are not crap. Every system for the home, starting from the basic 2.1 computer speakers to the lifestyle home theater systems are just awesome...

My favourite brand: Altec Lansing, because I personally own the 2.1 MX 5021 system.

karmanya

Journeyman
In terms of sound, it depends on what sort of music you listen to. Bose has highly engineered sound, it cuts off the highs and lows. If you listen to a lot of classical music then bose is definitely not for you.
Personally I like Nakamichi- sexy, clean and nice sound.
B&O is a little out of my budget.

chicha

High without substance...
well none of the speakers mentioned are for my budget.
but if i had a unlimited i would go for B and O and yamaha combo.

This AKG K701 thingi looks good, how much is it?

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
Overpriced...correct, but they are not crap. Every system for the home, starting from the basic 2.1 computer speakers to the lifestyle home theater systems are just awesome...

My favourite brand: Altec Lansing, because I personally own the 2.1 MX 5021 system.
I have no idea what's your definition of "awesome" but I'd like you to show me one comparable mid-range/high-end system that sounds worse than a Bose unit.
Would you pay hundreds or thousands of dollars for something that is overpriced and has sound quality characteristic of low end systems? It's like those Rs. 25K cocktails that you find at high end lounges.

gforce23

Rapacious eBayer
^^^Do you personally own any Bose system?
From my first reply in this thread:
but I've used them in the past
:rolleyes:

Bose LifeStyle 35 if you want to look up the model #.

Not everything from Bose is dog poop though, I'll admit that. I quite liked their QC2s headphones and have been thinking about getting a QC3 myself since my Shure noise-canceling buds are on their way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom