You won’t need Xbox Live Gold to play online on Windows 10

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
You won’t need Xbox Live Gold to play online on Windows 10

Microsoft has confirmed that playing online games on Windows 10, including cross-play titles, won’t require Xbox Live Gold.

*assets.vg247.com/current//2014/10/windows-10-xbox-600x336.png​

Integrating the Xbox platform into Windows 10 will not result in users needing to pay for an Xbox Live Gold subscription.

Online gameplay on Windows have traditionally been free, but some users were sceptical, thinking back to the early days of Games for Windows Live, which did require a Gold subscription if you wanted to play multiplayer games.

Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb answered a fan question on Twitter, and confirmed that it won’t be the case.

Twitter : @majornelson

Source : vg247, Engadget

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Microsoft is gonna nail the all for one ecosystem concept if they keep going at this rate!!

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Another reason to buy Xbox One over PS4, just saying.

you need to read the whole thing before commenting, they did not say they will remove XboX live gold from Xbox one.. they said that the games that required xbox live on WINDOWS wont need it .. such games do exist

I dont even understand why this even needs to be clarified, Multiplayer on windows should always be free.. microsoft was really really dumb when they introduced Games For WIndows live a few years back, but it bit them in the arse in the end

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
you need to read the whole thing before commenting, they did not say they will remove XboX live gold from Xbox one.. they said that the games that required xbox live on WINDOWS wont need it .. such games do exist

I dont even understand why this even needs to be clarified, Multiplayer on windows should always be free.. microsoft was really really dumb when they introduced Games For WIndows live a few years back, but it bit them in the arse in the end

i think what he meant is cross-play feature
buy a game on your xbox,its free on pc and vice versa sorta concept...

I meant one platform for all microsoft products is good.
As it would create a good ecosystem. [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] he got it.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I meant one platform for all microsoft products is good.
As it would create a good ecosystem. [MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] he got it.

ohh ok
matter of fact i should mention,Im enjoying the ecosystem concept so far
I have a (near) complete ecosystem of all 3 giants- Apple,Google and Microsoft
so far microsoft is ahead overall
there are a few bugs but they are releasing updates fastest and smoothest so far for all their products

Top Bottom