You’re Likely to Get the Coronavirus

Nerevarine

Incarnate
It's possible that the Pvt organization is faking it, its also possible you have an asymptomatic case.
Nothing is certain anymore lol

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
We were told by our employer that we had to submit a corona test report before we could come to work again.

So i went ahead and got myself tested in a pvt nursing home by spending a grand total of 3k yesterday(even though i had no symptoms).

Today i got a call from them that i had been tested positive,which came to me as a massive shock.I was in a state of utter disbelief!

What are the odds that their report might be a false positive or a duplicitous/fake? I rarely go out of my home,and when i do i take all possible precautions,so its very unlikely that i have covid.More importantly,i dont have any symptoms.

Do these private organizations do these kind of shady things for money?

I am also worried that my neightbours,local people etc may start harassing our family should they learn of this issue.
Just isolate yourself for 3 weeks, if it is true then clearly it isn't going to do you any harm(or you would have clear symptoms by now) & if it is false then just think of it as 3 more weeks of sudden lockdown. As for telling others, no need if you keep yourself isolated for 3 weeks by making some excuse.

quicky008

Technomancer
Some folks told me that i could get myself retested after 15 days.

For people like me,this is really a source of much frustration and unnecessary hassles.

It just feels like a particularly bad case of bolt from the blue to be honest.

Also is there any need to disinfect or outright discard any electronic gadgets like we frequently use like keyboards,mice etc?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Some folks told me that i could get myself retested after 15 days.

For people like me,this is really a source of much frustration and unnecessary hassles.

It just feels like a particularly bad case of bolt from the blue to be honest.

Also is there any need to disinfect or outright discard any electronic gadgets like we frequently use like keyboards,mice etc?
Just wash your hands and keep an eye on symptoms. Do you sense loss of smell ? That is the most common symptom people have.

Zangetsu

no such symptoms whatsoever.
install arogya setu app and fill the questionnaire there. The Municipal guys will come to your house for testing (if the survey finds out you have corona)

You don't have COVID which what I think but could be asymptomatic

quicky008

Technomancer
A person from the health dept contacted me and said that i should stay in home quarantine and follow my doctor's advice-as far as possible i am trying to avoid those people-they are nothing but trouble makers.

Zangetsu

A person from the health dept contacted me and said that i should stay in home quarantine and follow my doctor's advice-as far as possible i am trying to avoid those people-they are nothing but trouble makers.
Yes, stay at home. Drink Water and Vitamin C

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Drink only hot water throughout the day.
Take steam everyday.
Drink those mixtures.
Get healthy sleep 8+ hours.

Go through these site
*www.ayush.gov.in/index.html
*www.mohfw.gov.in/
*www.icmr.gov.in

Check these pdfs
*www.ayush.gov.in/ayush-guidelines.html
Guidelines for AYURVEDA Practitioners for Covid 19
Guidelines for YOGA Practitioners for Covid 19
Guidelines for UNANI Practitioners for Covid 19
Guidelines for SIDDHA Practitioners for Covid 19
Guidelines for HOMOEOPATHY Practitioners for Covid 19
Guidelines for NATUROPATHY Practitioners for Covid 19

*www.mohfw.gov.in/
MoHFW FAQ

No need to consult doctor if nothing serious.
Arogya Setu app not needed.
Government centre is better than private.

If you can understand Marathi language
video about "which corona test to do?"

IMG-20200613-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20200613-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20200613-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20200613-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20200613-WA0013.jpg
IMG-20200613-WA0016.jpg
IMG-20200613-WA0017.jpg
IMG-20200613-WA0018.jpg
IMG-20200613-WA0019.jpg
IMG-20200613-WA0020.jpg

Last edited:

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
So i went ahead and got myself tested in a pvt nursing home by spending a grand total of 3k yesterday(even though i had no symptoms).
Umm.............. Why didn't you did it in a government ?
Today i got a call from them that i had been tested positive,which came to me as a massive shock.I was in a state of utter disbelief!

What are the odds that their report might be a false positive or a duplicitous/fake? I rarely go out of my home,and when i do i take all possible precautions,so its very unlikely that i have covid.More importantly,i dont have any symptoms.
Yeah, I a close relative of mine got +ve, even his first erport was -ve and he was asymptomatic. He had exactly the same story as you tho, he was not told to get test by employer and he tested himself in a government hospital. He had to quanintine himself in a poor quality gov. center, but thankfully came to know about a private quarantine place (which was like a hotel, which took money but for quarantine, and the place took all measures) and shifted himself there which made his life easier. The life in the gov. quarantine center was very very poor, he said that even getting water was PITA there, and ambulance didn't even came for a man there ( who was having serious breathing problem), even though this place was only made for making hospital services accessible to them (among other things).

I am also worried that my neightbours,local people etc may start harassing our family should they learn of this issue.
Yes. Some neighbors harassed him and his family, though not in a outward way, but in not talking to them, posting everybody to not go outside and take all measures as he got covid, not inviting his family in any function even after quarantine and his family wasn't even with him when he got covid. But others were really helpful with giving support to him in many different ways, which are too diverse to list.

Now everything is ok with him though, but he scolds the gov. officials if they call him to ask if he is ok :lol:

quicky008

Technomancer
i have started taking vitamin c and some antibiotics as per doctor's advice,as there is no other known medication for Covid.

Someone told me that nasal tests are a bit unreliable,its better to go for a test called IGG antibody test,which is a more definite test for Covid.

Has anyone heard of this igg test and is it really that reliable?Can i take this test after 3-4 days?My doctor advised to go for a retest only after 8-10 days.

@aesoteric positron: In which city is this quarantine center located and how much did they charge him for it each day?

Æsoteric Positron

i have started taking vitamin c and some antibiotics as per doctor's advice,as there is no other known medication for Covid.

Someone told me that nasal tests are a bit unreliable,its better to go for a test called IGG antibody test,which is a more definite test for Covid.

Has anyone heard of this igg test and is it really that reliable?Can i take this test after 3-4 days?My doctor advised to go for a retest only after 8-10 days.
Well, chill dude. Just call the ambulance in case anything bad happens and drink 'khada' everyday.

quicky008

Technomancer
so far nothing bad has happened and lets hope it doesnt happen either.

i am not a rich guy and can't afford costly treatment in some pvt hospital/nursing home in case things go south.

most privately run clinics/hospitals are bloodsuckers and they are charging a proverbial arm or leg for treating covid cases here in west bengal.

Æsoteric Positron

so far nothing bad has happened and lets hope it doesnt happen either.

i am not a rich guy and can't afford costly treatment in some pvt hospital/nursing home in case things go south.

most privately run clinics/hospitals are bloodsuckers and they are charging a proverbial arm or leg for treating covid cases here in west bengal.
Yeah, but governmental hospitals are always an option, even if they would be bad in terms of hygiene, as in some places.

Top Bottom