You’re Likely to Get the Coronavirus

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey, anyone know procedure for going back to village for residents of Mumbai? Traveling in Maharashtra?
Entire Mumbai & Pune is red zone so no travel permission especially going to village as even medical emergency reason can't be used(people go to cities in case of medical emergencies).

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Entire Mumbai & Pune is red zone so no travel permission especially going to village as even medical emergency reason can't be used(people go to cities in case of medical emergencies).
Okay.
As of now, new breaking news popping up, saying new portal for individuals/private will start from Monday and free bus service from maha gov will be provided. No zones mentioned.
Still confusing. Let's see on Monday.
Thanks you for information.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay.
As of now, new breaking news popping up, saying new portal for individuals/private will start from Monday and free bus service from maha gov will be provided. No zones mentioned.
Make sure to check any "breaking news" with govt sites first as you don't want to be end up in a crowd gathered on basis of incorrect info & then lathicharged by police. From whatever I know red zones should not have travel relaxations to allow travel outside of red zone except for some extraordinary circumstances.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Make sure to check any "breaking news" with govt sites first as you don't want to be end up in a crowd gathered on basis of incorrect info & then lathicharged by police. From whatever I know red zones should not have travel relaxations to allow travel outside of red zone except for some extraordinary circumstances.

Yes news was from government official.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Delhi is in red zone right? Inter state travel has been given a go. I checked on YT even tyre shops are also open. Same is the case in my state.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Delhi is in red zone right? Inter state travel has been given a go. I checked on YT even tyre shops are also open. Same is the case in my state.
*www.timesnownews.com/auto/features...ng-vehicle-movement-in-different-zones/586927
Activities prohibited throughout the country
  • Inter-state travel by road, and travelling by rail, air, and metro
  • Running educational and training institutions (online classes allowed)
  • Hospitality services including hotels and restaurants
  • Places of large gatherings like gym, theatres, malls, bars, etc.
  • Religious and social gatherings
  • Movement of people between 7 PM to 7 AM (next day) for non-essential activities

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Okay.
This decision has been reversed.

There are people whose permanent address is village and they want to go to their home to be safe.

icebags

Technomancer
Thing I don't like at all. Unless all those reports really result in something productive(which I seriously doubt), they are just a waste of time.
its a part of how big enterprises work. creates visibility for different managements with different levels of the company. in mnc bureaucracy, technical guys are pretty much at ground level & slightly above ground level.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
its a part of how big enterprises work. creates visibility for different managements with different levels of the company. in mnc bureaucracy, technical guys are pretty much at ground level & slightly above ground level.
Yes but I expect it from govt/psu companies, not MNC. I mean in govt companies you have to file an application & get it approved/signed from at least 2 people to get reimbursement for even as small amount as few rupees. If the reports are concerning about project progress etc then I can understand but not if they are just time wasting exercise like some excel sheet analysis showing 15% of employees working under Manager A on project XYZ spent 30% of time on asking questions related to project objectives etc & this data is actually asked from employees for making this sheet.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
He went from Himachal to Delhi. Yaar curfew paas thing is a joke, it should be given by validating the reason but whosoever is applying is getting the same.
Most likely your friend got curfew pass from HP using some connection & it is easier to get a pass to come from outside Delhi to visit compared to a Delhi person to make a visit outside state. Curfew passes don't mention reason as such but it will be there in the issuing office files for records purpose.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Most likely your friend got curfew pass from HP using some connection & it is easier to get a pass to come from outside Delhi to visit compared to a Delhi person to make a visit outside state. Curfew passes don't mention reason as such but it will be there in the issuing office files for records purpose.
Now they have started some barcode passes which is linked to centre's database and it has the reason and everything. I will ask about it tomorrow so that Tigerking bro can apply one for himself.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
it will take time for this round. it definitely will come back like dengue and we will learn to live with it. people need to understand distancing and practice it. most of the time i have gone out for getting medicine or grocery, i have noticed that Senior citizens (all looked affluent people) are the biggest defaulters, not listening to anyone.
also, governments need to understand the safest method of e-commerce / online shopping and allow it to start delivering everything every where except may be hotspots. opening shops makes people run to the market and forget all distancing.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yeah I've seen such idiots at the grocery store (I'm asking my parents to stay home, normally they do the household shopping).
Like really, they are doing anything and behaving really irresponsibly. Like take your fruits and go, don't handle everything during a god damn pandemic! One idiot customer was sorting curd by handling the packet one by one, oblivious to the people waiting in line behind him, he wasn't even checking expiry date, god knows what he was doing. A lot of them wear masks to cover their mouths, and not their noses. For some unkils its business as usual, as if there is no lockdown. There is always a crowd at the checkout line, even though there is plenty of space for everyone to stand and keep distance. People look at YOU weird if you keep a distance. Apps are not servicing in my location, so all this is unavoidable.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
They have sent thousands of people back to their states in those trains. About thousand people in one train, even if one is infected. Why would they take that risk now?

Top Bottom